2020 Election Thread

PapaG

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, utenation said:

I worked and went to school and paid for most of my college out of pocket.. A few grants helped out too.

I took care of undergrad in my late 20s.  Going back to law school stuck me with a toxic debt.

Don is a lawyer too, but he went in 1865 when a gunny sack full of quarters sufficed to pay tuition, books, housing, meals, and a masseuse. 

4 minutes ago, Orange said:

I took care of undergrad in my late 20s.  Going back to law school stuck me with a toxic debt.

Don is a lawyer too, but he went in 1865 when a gunny sack full of quarters sufficed to pay tuition, books, housing, meals, and a masseuse. 

Yeah, I'm sure your price tag was much higher than mine.. Just a Bachelors for me..

I'm sure Don traded Livestock for tuition as well.

54 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Ouch!

Wouldn't the interest that you could claim offset your taxes you owe and allow you to repay that loan faster?

No, my income is too high to claim the interest, most years.

I could pay the whole thing off tomorrow, but I value having a 6-month savings cushion in the bank too much.  

I think the big difference in 2020 is that black voters are coming around on Bernie:

https://www.newsweek.com/black-voters-prefer-bernie-sanders-over-all-other-democratic-candidates-new-poll-shows-1489209

Senator Bernie Sanders has surpassed former Vice President Joe Biden in support from black voters, making him the most favorable candidate for that demographic, a new national poll shows.

The Hill/HarrisX survey has Sanders extending his lead in the 2020 Democratic presidential race after Tuesday night's debate—and with a 9-point advantage among black voters.

Ah

Well now

The orange orangutan is rolling out all kinds of apparel, caps, hoodies etc embroidered with "woke"

Yeah

I can see that really making up for the oppressive policies, attacks on Kap. Shithole countries, white supremacists being good people. 

42 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Ah

Well now

The orange orangutan is rolling out all kinds of apparel, caps, hoodies etc embroidered with "woke"

Yeah

I can see that really making up for the oppressive policies, attacks on Kap. Shithole countries, white supremacists being good people. 

They don't beleive any of that actually happened.

Seriously.  If you ask a Trumpsexual about "Grab em by the pussy", they believe it wasn't actually said.  THAT'S WHAT THEY BELIEVE.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

They don't beleive any of that actually happened.

Seriously.  If you ask a Trumpsexual about "Grab em by the pussy", they believe it wasn't actually said.  THAT'S WHAT THEY BELIEVE.

That's what Joe Blow white guy believes. And Mrs Blow Joe.

I very much doubt POC are as deluded.

19 hours ago, Orange said:

No, my income is too high to claim the interest, most years.

I could pay the whole thing off tomorrow, but I value having a 6-month savings cushion in the bank too much.  

In my world, the 6 month plan is called "shakedown money".. On a serious note.. Very smart.. I'm in finance.. My simple advice is to never payoff significant debt with savings.. Use tools like homes or even non retirement investments first.. Lots of tools that sport large returns to make up loss rather than savings with low returns. 

44 minutes ago, utenation said:

In my world, the 6 month plan is called "shakedown money".. On a serious note.. Very smart.. I'm in finance.. My simple advice is to never payoff significant debt with savings.. Use tools like homes or even non retirement investments first.. Lots of tools that sport large returns to make up loss rather than savings with low returns. 

It's the Ramsey method.  Pay off credit card debt, cars, student loans, and homes in that order.  

On 2/26/2020 at 8:03 AM, Orange said:

That's assuming you have no health care expenses?

I'm union, and have pretty good healthcare for myself and family.  I pay $100 a month for it.  We paid zero of my wife's pregnancy.  I know not everyone has this kind of healthcare, but there is lots of people who do.  

If people really want to help, give me free dental and orthodontist.  Kids braces are no joke.  I could buy a car for the cost of those.  

Archived