2020 Election Thread

PapaG

12 hours ago, Orange said:

Unless we bomb the filibuster and pack the court.  And I think we should.   Because conservatives are an existential threat to this country and our democracy.  

This is the key. McConnell is going to have his vote, either now or after the election. The only undecided thing here is what we do in response. I’m afraid we’re too spineless to do much more than write a few sternly worded tweets, and McConnell will laugh himself to sleep every night. I’d love to be wrong, but Republicans are infinitely better at this game than we are.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I'm sure trump won't beat this story to death...

The Justice Department alarmed voting-law experts Thursday by announcing an investigation into nine discarded ballots found in northeastern Pennsylvania, a case immediately seized upon by the Trump campaign as evidence of a dark Democratic conspiracy to tamper with the presidential election.

Election law experts were stunned at the nature of the Justice Department statement.

“It’s wildly improper, and it’s truly unconscionable,” said Justin Levitt, a former Justice Department official who is now a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.

Levitt said that the investigation itself is worthwhile but that it was a baldly political move to announce the probe with partial facts — which officials then had to scramble to correct — while describing which candidate was selected on the ballots.

Archived