2020 Election Thread

PapaG

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'm sure it will destroy Republicans in the election, it will also fuck up a lot of lives if the SCOTUS rules in Trump's favor.  I'm sure happy my pre-existing condition has made me a target of ire by these douchebags.  May they all get full-blown AIDS.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, Mano said:

Never understood what it is about poor people getting healthcare that angers the GOP so much.

It hurts profits for the insurance companies and/or requires increased spending.  The republicans are owned by the lobbyists, so there we are.

3 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

It hurts profits for the insurance companies and/or requires increased spending.  The republicans are owned by the lobbyists, so there we are.

Yes, that explains the republican politicians who get money from insurance companies.

But why do Republican VOTERS hate it so much?  Hell, they disproportionately benefit from it.

43 minutes ago, Orange said:

Yes, that explains the republican politicians who get money from insurance companies.

But why do Republican VOTERS hate it so much?  Hell, they disproportionately benefit from it.

It’s team politics.  They are going to vote for the republicans because they are on their side on key issue(s), whatever those are.  They don’t really hate it, but they are willing to support the party.

It’s not new that they vote, at times, against their own self interest.

1 hour ago, CRBuff said:

It’s team politics.  They are going to vote for the republicans because they are on their side on key issue(s), whatever those are.  They don’t really hate it, but they are willing to support the party.

It’s not new that they vote, at times, against their own self interest.

I agree that it is team politics, but they really do hate it. They have bought on to "Obamacare" being an existential threat to the USA, and the fervor and hatred with which they oppose it is very real. Republicans used to cite the deficit as the reason, but it is now very clear that they give no fucks about that. It seems that they don't think the poor deserve healthcare, and are incensed if they think they are contributing to them getting it.

• 3 weeks later...

Is a 15-point national lead enough to overcome republican cheating, voter suppression and the electoral college?

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3666

* On handling a crisis, Biden leads 57 - 38 percent;

* On handling health care, Biden leads 58 - 35 percent;

* On the coronavirus response, Biden leads 59 - 35 percent;

* On addressing racial inequality, Biden leads 62 - 30 percent.

Archived