2020 Election Thread

43 minutes ago, glduck said:

The debates can only hurt Biden. Short of shitting his Depends on live television, I don’t know what, if anything, can hurt Trump. The bar is so low with him that nothing matters. 

They’re also pointless. Hillary destroyed Trump in all three debates last time around, but people didn’t care. 

For pure spectacle, I do want to see Kamala take down Pence in the VP debate.

I thought she performed poorly and played it safe.  I don’t think Biden and his team will make the same mistake.  I agree with you that these debates are mostly in Trump’s best interest.  However, last time around, Trump had no record and was only on the offensive.  Now, he will have to play defense.  If Biden can repeatedly get Trump to defend his record and behavior, it could be the difference in how a centrist independent votes.  Biden needs to “show strength” (overused political platitude) and go after Trump.  This will ironically be how he can win over some of Trump’s supporters.  Biden’s approach should be summed up thusly: Bully the Bully.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have to look outside of breitbart, fox, and other dipshit sources.   https://www.wsj.com/articles/bernie-sanders-focuses-on-coronavirus-as-he-reassesses-campaign-11584796882 Oh holy

John Bolton is one (or more) of several things. None of the possibilities speak well of him. If he's being truthful about the things he claims to have witnessed, he's an opportunist who sold his

We have radicalized Jalepeno. Welcome, comrade.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, All Hail said:

I thought she performed poorly and played it safe.  I don’t think Biden and his team will make the same mistake.  I agree with you that these debates are mostly in Trump’s best interest.  However, last time around, Trump had no record and was only on the offensive.  Now, he will have to play defense.  If Biden can repeatedly get Trump to defend his record and behavior, it could be the difference in how a centrist independent votes.  Biden needs to “show strength” (overused political platitude) and go after Trump.  This will ironically be how he can win over some of Trump’s supporters.  Biden’s approach should be summed up thusly: Bully the Bully.

This sums up my thoughts exactly.  I don't think we've ever been on this amount of unstable ground.. 

47 minutes ago, All Hail said:

See, this is what worries me about the debates. The woman who talked policy and laid out her plans for two hours performed poorly; the guy who said “Healthcare is easy, we’ll put out a plan in two weeks” flies under the radar because “that’s just Trump!” 

I do agree that he can bully Trump on stage in a way Clinton could not. Clinton was battling the stigma that she was too shrill, and bullying the dumb guy would have looked bitchy. Being a man, Biden will be able to do whatever he wants.

1 hour ago, All Hail said:

100% agreed.  Only way to stop a bully is with strength.

And Biden has shown a very aggressive posture in some of his recent speeches that give me hope.  His remarks after the "suckers and losers" scandal really resonated, and if he keeps up that tack, I feel better about the election.  And the debates.

22 minutes ago, Mano said:

Trump will call Biden names and make up a bunch of shit to questions he doesn't understand, and his supporters will eat it up.

This is why I hope Biden sticks with the demand for live fact-checkers.

It would, at minimum, trip up Trump and make him devolve on live TV.  He'd get furious, and act stupid, and the suburban white women in Pittsburgh and Milwaukee and Jacksonville would finally dislike him.

This election just got more interesting.  RBG is dead and will the GOP Senators ram through a SCOTUS justice before the end of the year?  Or will the GOP just wait and keep control of the US Senate?

2 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

This election just got more interesting.  RBG is dead and will the GOP Senators ram through a SCOTUS justice before the end of the year?  Or will the GOP just wait and keep control of the US Senate?

The only thing that will stop the GOP from ramming it through the senate is if Yellowstone erupts which based on how this year has gone so far wouldn’t be all that surprising 

1 minute ago, clpp01 said:

The only thing that will stop the GOP from ramming it through the senate is if Yellowstone erupts which based on how this year has gone so far wouldn’t be all that surprising 

I expect the GOP to ram the pick through.

I don’t see GOP senators wanting to make their hypocrisy an election issue.  

If Trump loses (or they lose the Senate), I could see them trying to get it done during the lame duck session.  Otherwise, there’s no reason to rush.