2020 Election Thread

PapaG

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we blame the Dems for this & we also deny the Russians meddled in our elections.

its almost like no one is on the side of protecting free and fair elections.

but sure, anyone who stands up to call it rotten is biased and just part of a tribe.  #BothSides

I blame the dems simply for the mess that was Iowa.  That’s it.  

To me, if a number is posted on the internet it’s getting called, repeatedly.  And yes, I think both sides would enjoy doing this.  It’s the state of our politics and is sad.

1 hour ago, CRBuff said:

I blame the dems simply for the mess that was Iowa.  That’s it.  

To me, if a number is posted on the internet it’s getting called, repeatedly.  And yes, I think both sides would enjoy doing this.  It’s the state of our politics and is sad.

Iowa appears to be intrinsically messed up. You do remember the clusterfuck that Iowa was for the GOP in 2016?  

Iowa should not be the first primary, if anything throw it and New Hampshire in with the rest of the Super Tuesday states and start there. Would eliminate the huge fields if they know they will need the $$$ to compete in that many states, and should clarify the nominee fairly quickly so they can concentrate on the general.

1 hour ago, CRBuff said:

And fwiw I’ve never, ever denied Russian meddling.

I know you didn't & I appreciate that -- but the bigger point is that denial is clearly happening & being supported at the highest levels.

And that is a major problem.

And me bringing it up gets denounced as tribalism & THAT is a major problem (that is partly on you).

I don’t disagree with your sentiment.  Of course it’s a problem and should be addressed.  The impact it had on 2016 is ultimately unknown.  That said, and foreign meddling is obviously serious.  

With that, I also do believe tribalism is a problem within our politics, and frankly does get tiresome.  Even outside of politics these days, everything has to be described as the greatest, worst and so on.  There never seems to be nuance.  

19 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

There never seems to be nuance.  

You mean like when you directly equated GOP leadership publicly stating they would not work with Obama to Dems calling for impeachment before Trump's inauguration?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/nov/19/donald-trump/no-evidence-trumps-claim-pelosi-schiff-promised-im/

nice nuance

7 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

You mean like when you directly equated GOP leadership publicly stating they would not work with Obama to Dems calling for impeachment before Trump's inauguration?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/nov/19/donald-trump/no-evidence-trumps-claim-pelosi-schiff-promised-im/

nice nuance

You are right sc, it was 4 months in (green).  My apologies there.  I’m not sure that changes a lot, but you are correct.  You will defend the left and I will say both are wrong.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-administration-was-frozen-russian-election-meddling-senate-report

Bipartisan Senate group says Obama administration was "frozen" in dealing with the 2016 election meddling.  The report urges the Trump administration to take action for the 2020 elections.

We'll see if the Trump camp actually works to stop election meddling for this year's elections.

#BothSides

23 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Yeah -- Buttigieg (proper spelling) really got wiped out in Iowa.

But the Dem campaigns really appreciate your concern.

But Iowa isn't quite representative of the country amrite?

I'm sure that Mitt's niece appreciates your concern for the GOP too.

18 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

But Iowa isn't quite representative of the country amrite?

I'm sure that Mitt's niece appreciates your concern for the GOP too.

When you sit down to formulate a post, do you ever stop to think about things like, I don't know, a thesis, or a beginning/middle/end?

Archived