‘19 Championship Game: Utah/Oregon

glduck

3 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

I don't think it's possible to "know" such a thing, but I have little confidence in Oregon finding that "extra gear" they seemed to have on occasion this season. Unless Utah face plants a couple of times, I doubt the Ducks can stay with them.

Utah had 4-5 seniors come back that will be in the NFL and could have went last year. They’ve said it all year.  They wanted this opportunity for redemption. They felt embarrassed last year at the way we ended our season the last two games. 

I truly believe Utah has treated this season like business. Excellent player leadership and focus. 

They’ve been ready all season for this game.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:29 AM, Jalapeno said:

If that one win Big 12 team is Oklahoma, Utah will get in over the Sooners.  OU was getting their rears kicked in Manhattan before rallying to make the final score respectable.  Utah clearly played better in their lone loss on the road compared to Oklahoma.

Now if that one loss team is Baylor, that will be a tougher decision for the CFP committee since Baylor was up easily at home against OU but choked the game away.  Losing at home shouldn't be looked at even as favorably as a road loss.  So I think Utah still gets in with a win over Oregon despite who wins the Big 12 CCG.

So based on that, if Utah wins they are in the CFP period.

Utah's OOC schedule is weaker than Oklahoma's.  That being said, Utah's not going to beat Oregon.

58 minutes ago, Orange said:

Congratulations to the 2019 Pac-12 champion Utah Utes.

It's been a brutal season for @HLB, especially when it comes to Utah.

According to him, Utah should be 7-5 or 8-4 rather than 11-1.  We need to keep him going.. We could ride this all the way to a NC..

26 minutes ago, utenation said:

According to him, Utah should be 7-5 or 8-4 rather than 11-1.  We need to keep him going.. We could ride this all the way to a NC..

Didn't he explain to you that he was just joking all those times his picks were wrong?

35 minutes ago, utenation said:

If Oregon State was in the Big 12, we'd be 11-1.  Please do not be rude and request that I back that up.

Gosh.  It's fun being @HLB!

Utah wins and they are in.  Ducks playing Auburn well and losing in the last minute ends up helping Utah more than it did Oregon.  Somewhat ironic, but that’s life.

Oregon likely to the Rose Bowl if Utah gets in the CFP. 

Go ... Utes?  

51 minutes ago, utenation said:

Might as well start printing out those CFP championship shirts in advance.

15 hours ago, glduck said:

Two more sleeps, fellers.

Win and it’s the Rose Bowl. Lose and it may be Herbert’s final game, right? He wouldn’t play in the damn Alamo Bowl, would he?

Unless it’s a complete blowout, Ducks are going to Pasadena if Utah makes the CFP with a win.  As I posted earlier, the Ducks were flat last weekend in the Civil War because the game literally didn’t matter, yet they were a fumble out of the end zone away from winning 31-10 (spread cover) against a Beaver team playing for their first bowl game since Obama was at the start of his second term.

7 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Unless it’s a complete blowout, Ducks are going to Pasadena if Utah makes the CFP with a win.  As I posted earlier, the Ducks were flat last weekend in the Civil War because the game literally didn’t matter, yet they were a fumble out of the end zone away from winning 31-10 (spread cover) against a Beaver team playing for their first bowl game since Obama was in his first term.

Jesus, you sound like @HLB with this spin.

It was a one-score game with 1 minute left.  If Jefferson doesn't fumble, we could be in a bowl, denying (for now) Oregon their first 10-win season since the last time the GOP made yet another failed attempt to pin Benghazi on Hillary.

7 minutes ago, Orange said:

Jesus, you sound like @HLB with this spin.

It was a one-score game with 1 minute left.  If Jefferson doesn't fumble, we could be in a bowl, denying (for now) Oregon their first 10-win season since the last time the GOP made yet another failed attempt to pin Benghazi on Hillary.

If if if if

Ducks were looking to Friday night and Beavers still couldn’t git r dun.  Ducks guaranteed the Rose Bowl with a win tomorrow.  Likely still go if Utah makes the CFP.  It was an awful letdown performance after the loss in Tempe, but these things happen in all sports.

That Gebbia is a nice QB with some mobility, which looks good for the Beavers going into next year.  Smith is a hell of a coach.  Good hire.

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

Unless it’s a complete blowout, Ducks are going to Pasadena if Utah makes the CFP with a win.  As I posted earlier, the Ducks were flat last weekend in the Civil War because the game literally didn’t matter, yet they were a fumble out of the end zone away from winning 31-10 (spread cover) against a Beaver team playing for their first bowl game since Obama was at the start of his second term.

rivalry games are strange and are often closer than they should be

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

Any retrospective on the Civil War should note Luten’s absence.

38 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Any retrospective on the Civil War should note Luten’s absence.

Sure.  And Jake Hanson’s as well for the Ducks as the anchor of the offensive line.  Luton would have been sacked numerous times.  Gebbia was able to avoid the rush.  I was impressed by him.

Hanson is back for the Utah game.  Ducks will need him against that awesome defensive line.  

On 12/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, utenation said:

Utah had 4-5 seniors come back that will be in the NFL and could have went last year. They’ve said it all year.  They wanted this opportunity for redemption. They felt embarrassed last year at the way we ended our season the last two games. 

I truly believe Utah has treated this season like business. Excellent player leadership and focus. 

They’ve been ready all season for this game.

That's why they play 'em!

Archived