‘19 Championship Game: Utah/Oregon

glduck

Yeah, that's probably true. but if it's all the same to you, I'd rather win.

Oddly, part of me wants to see the Utes win and get shut out of the CFB, and here's why: For Oregon, beating Florida State - the defending national champs - in the 2015 Rose Bowl was probably the single greatest moment in Duck football history. It was the proverbial mountaintop experience (similar to y'all taking down 'Bama in the '09 Sugar Bowl), but it was all over 11 days later. It wasn't a fun way to end the season.

I'm not saying Utah wouldn't win it all, but for the three teams who don't win the whole thing, the CFP is a pretty disappointing finish.  

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Mano said:

Worried about this game, hoping Utes are able to continue their roll.

Really weird thing about this game is that it is likely much better for the Ducks if Utah wins by a lot than if they lose a close game. 

That’s a good point.  Pasadena in January versus a dome in December in San Antonio.  Although a well-played close game would also get Utah into the CFP and the Ducks to the Rose Bowl. It’s weird that I actually am somewhat pulling for Utah in part because of their guys who could have went to the NFL yet didn’t.  Ducks have 4 seniors who came back as well.

1 minute ago, PapaG said:

That’s a good point.  Pasadena in January versus a dome in December in San Antonio.  Although a well-played close game would also get Utah into the CFP and the Ducks to the Rose Bowl. It’s weird that I actually am somewhat pulling for Utah in part because of their guys who could have went to the NFL yet didn’t.  Ducks have 4 seniors who came back as well.

Which would be better for UO football recruiting: Rose Bowl or the Alamo Bowl?

30 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Last line on the night is Utes -7. 
Getting so close I can taste it. Or is that just the smoked duck?

That sounds good.  Unfortunately I’m not a cannibal so Utes aren’t an option, so my dinner is whatever we eat at the bar.  Go Utes!  Odd, but that benefits both teams the most.

55 minutes ago, PapaG said:

That sounds good.  Unfortunately I’m not a cannibal so Utes aren’t an option, so my dinner is whatever we eat at the bar.  Go Utes!  Odd, but that benefits both teams the most.

Stuffed with orange, lemon and garlic. Smoked with cherry wood. Seared at 400. It is delish. 

14 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Is time actually slowing down?

Imagine being an Oregon fan where a well-played close loss to Utah benefits both programs and also the entire Pac12 with bowl payments.  Utah to the playoffs, Oregon to the Rose Bowl.

FBS 2019, here we are.  The system is wrecked.

5 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

Oregon fans not here at all. Lame. A lot more Utah fans. 

Why would Duck fans be there?  Rose Bowl likely depends on LSU beating Georgia and Utah getting in the CFP.

Santa Clara sucks.  Los Angeles doesn’t.

Archived