‘19 Championship Game: Utah/Oregon

glduck

43 minutes ago, Scorcho said:

that maybe as gut wrenching a loss as Utah fans have ever experienced.  Three days later is still stuck in the pit of my stomach like an anvil.  Its not so much the loss, but how we were dominated by the Ducks.

If there's one thing I've learned as a fan moving from the G5 to the P5 level, is that the highs are much higher, but the lows ...........  oh those f**king lows.

Oregon played by far their best game of the season in the trenches Friday night.  

I’d posted previously that the awful performance against a mediocre Beaver team was a letdown game after the ASU loss and that the Civil War literally didn’t matter for a Rose Bowl berth, yet I didn’t expect that type of performance.  Bummer that the Pac12 is again shut out of the CFP and likely will next year after Oregon loses to Ohio State.  Heck, NDSU could even be a close game with the Ducks replacing Herbert and 4 seniors on the offensive line.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Scorcho said:

that maybe as gut wrenching a loss as Utah fans have ever experienced.  Three days later is still stuck in the pit of my stomach like an anvil.  Its not so much the loss, but how we were dominated by the Ducks.

If there's one thing I've learned as a fan moving from the G5 to the P5 level, is that the highs are much higher, but the lows ...........  oh those f**king lows.

Didn't feel great after the 2016 CCG but nowhere close to being as bad as the 2005 Big 12 CCG where Texas blew the daylights out of CU.

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Didn't feel great after the 2016 CCG but nowhere close to being as bad as the 2005 Big 12 CCG where Texas blew the daylights out of CU.

CU was never within even a space-shuttle launch of the CFP, so I don't know why you'd compare this to what Ute fans got dealt.

34 minutes ago, Orange said:

CU was never within even a space-shuttle launch of the CFP, so I don't know why you'd compare this to what Ute fans got dealt.

CU was within range for the 2016 CFP.  Utah was only ranked a couple spots higher than CU at the time of the Pac-12 CCG.

If Sefo Liufau didn't go down with an injury with CU leading at Michigan and was able to play against USC, that could have been a 12-0 CU team contending for a CFP spot.

CU already beat Utah to the CCG and being within sight of a CFP playoff spot.

Now...

Image result for get off my lawn gif"

3 hours ago, Orange said:

Why? Because Jalapeño will use any excuse in the world  to make sure powerhouse CU is never forgotten. It’s easier to focus on 1 decent year in an embarrassing 9 years of conference affiliation. If there was a smelliest fart thread, he’d find a way to interject CU into the conversation.  Most likely with some random B12 reference. 

I’d really suggest Jalapeño not trying “relate” with how Utah fans feel right now. Just keep it to CU’s pathetic existence. 

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

CU was within range for the 2016 CFP.  Utah was only ranked a couple spots higher than CU at the time of the Pac-12 CCG.

If Sefo Liufau didn't go down with an injury with CU leading at Michigan and was able to play against USC, that could have been a 12-0 CU team contending for a CFP spot.

Now...

GTFO. CU had 2 losses going into the CCG and got destroyed. 

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Now...

And if the refs hadn't given CU 5 downs that one time...

And if Oregon didn't lose 3 quarterbacks, 2 RBs, and 3 WRs in 2007 they steamroll to one of the easiest CFB championships of all time. 

Fans of every team can play this game. What if DAT had blocked for Mariota? Championship. 

Archived