‘19 Championship Game: Utah/Oregon

glduck

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, PapaG said:

If he did predict Utah would lose to Wazzu I stand corrected.  I didn’t see it.  What I don’t understand is why you let posters on the internet make you so upset.  Weird.

To assume someone is “upset” on the internet is foolish. I’ve seen enough of your trashy posts to stand behind what I said.  BTW, why don’t you leave your hate on the politics board. 

4 minutes ago, utenation said:

To assume someone is “upset” on the internet is foolish. I’ve seen enough of your trashy posts to stand behind what I said.  BTW, why don’t you leave your hate on the politics board there. 

Leave my hate on Politics?

Says the poster who told me to go fuck myself in this very thread in the Sports forum.  You seem like a very angry person with a complete lack of self-awareness/civility.  

I’m guessing your politics lean left.  Am I correct?  And yes, you are clearly upset and angry.

Hoping Utah gets off to a good start this week. The Utes MO seems to be allow other team some early success in first quarter, catch up or go ahead slightly in 2nd, and start pulling away in third. I think Oregon is too good a team to wait a quarter to play well against.

1 hour ago, Mano said:

I don't believe I have ever seen utenation post on the politics board. Don't know or care which direction he leans politically, and wouldn't presume anyone's leanings based on their sports opinions.

I made a Trump joke once, a pretty minor one, and all of a sudden I was in cahoots with Orange on the left side of the political spectrum because of all of the times he saw me posting on the political board.

If you post on the political board, you probably already know I have as many posts there in the last 9 months (on politics) as Chip does wins this year.

1 hour ago, Mano said:

I don't believe I have ever seen utenation post on the politics board. Don't know or care which direction he leans politically, and wouldn't presume anyone's leanings based on their sports opinions.

He has posted there.  And his “go fuck yourself” and your not condemning it to me means you two are representative of the entire Utah fanbase.  I like it.  Go Ducks, and if they lose Friday, I now want Utah to get crushed by tOSU.  Which they will.

1 hour ago, Mano said:

Hoping Utah gets off to a good start this week. The Utes MO seems to be allow other team some early success in first quarter, catch up or go ahead slightly in 2nd, and start pulling away in third. I think Oregon is too good a team to wait a quarter to play well against.

I think both Andy and Morgan are chess/poker players. They feel the game out, make excellent adjustments and then drop the hammer. 

I think we need to be more explosive on offense out of the gate for sure because teams with comparable or better talent will take the lead and not look back. 

From here on out, we will be playing elite teams in CFB.

43 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Utah beats UO by double digits, makes CFP, loses by double digits.

I’m not looking past Oregon at all but let’s say we make it to the CFP. Even if we get smacked, this was a huge year for Utah. 

It would mean we went 9-1 in conference for the first time. Won our first conference title. Our second South title and got to take a swing as the best teams in FBS.

All this with mid level recruiting classes in the P12 and excellent coaching. You’ll see how good our development process is by the number of players we will put in the NFL from this team.

I think our defense will compete with anyone in football. I think our OL is a bit suspect against good/great teams. I will never count us out when I’ve seen KW smack Alabama(with MWC recruits) with plenty of time to hit the lab on preparation. Plus, KW is a zen master when it comes to playing the underdog role.

Logic says you are probably right. People knock our OOC but when this schedule was made, no one in our organization thought we would have a legit playoff chance. We need to improve our OOC for sure.

Utah's defense should keep them in games with most anyone, biggest worry would be if someone dominates Utah's OL and forces lots of turnovers or 3 and outs. Still, would be amazing to get the opportunity to see how Utes stack up against the best in the country. 

42 minutes ago, utenation said:

I’m not looking past Oregon at all but let’s say we make it to the CFP. Even if we get smacked, this was a huge year for Utah. 

It would mean we went 9-1 in conference for the first time. Won our first conference title. Our second South title and got to take a swing as the best teams in FBS.

All this with mid level recruiting classes in the P12 and excellent coaching. You’ll see how good our development process is by the number of players we will put in the NFL from this team.

I think our defense will compete with anyone in football. I think our OL is a bit suspect against good/great teams. I will never count us out when I’ve seen KW smack Alabama(with MWC recruits) with plenty of time to hit the lab on preparation. Plus, KW is a zen master when it comes to playing the underdog role.

Logic says you are probably right. People knock our OOC but when this schedule was made, no one in our organization thought we would have a legit playoff chance. We need to improve our OOC for sure.

I’m not at all trying to knock Utah but I think you overestimate your defensive line.  

Utah lead the Pac 12 in rushing and was 23rd nationally.  Oregon was second in the Pac 12 in rushing and was 46th nationally.

Just try and name a dominating offensive line in the Pac 12 this year.  There wasn’t one.  Utah hasn’t seen one.  They will.

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

I’m not at all trying to knock Utah but I think you overestimate your defensive line.  

Utah lead the Pac 12 in rushing and was 23rd nationally.  Oregon was second in the Pac 12 in rushing and was 46th nationally.

Just try and name a dominating offensive line in the Pac 12 this year.  There wasn’t one.  Utah hasn’t seen one.  They will.

LSU is ranked 57th in rushing, UGA is ranked 33rd.  So what’s your point?  Clemson is 10th in a terrible defensive conference and Ohio State is 4th, which in my mind is the most complete team this year in the hunt.

Most top rushing teams are the service academies.

Based on how both teams played CU, I'd say the Duck OL vs the Ute DL is a tossup at this point.  The Ute D has been pretty consistent all season long and it was the Ute O that prevented an undefeated record for the Utes this season.  Perhaps the Ute O versus the Duck D will be the key matchup of this game.

I like that this ISN'T a rematch of a conference game earlier in the year Big XII, B1G are rematches this year.

I think Utah playing in the championship game last year gives them a little bit of advantage, but Oregon has clearly played the better schedule and has a higher ceiling IMO, that makes me nervous

I like and respect Oregon.  There are a number of Quacker Backers that live in Salt Lake City, other than the local universities and Boise State, I see more Oregon gear here than any other school.  I think the success of UO earlier this decade and the fast style of play created a regional fan base.  

Looks like rain in the forecast for Friday (bummer) 

Archived