The final year of the Pac-12 in basketball falls a good deal short of being the conference of champions. Here are the NET rankings as of today:
3. Arizona: An excellent team when they want to be, but something is missing when it comes to a killer instinct. Another early out in the NCAAs won't be a surprise.
29. Colorado: Sometimes amazingly good, other times amazingly horrible. Nice talent but total inconsistency. Can beat anybody when things are swinging, but that doesn't happen often.
36. Utah: Showed promise as a team, more than a bit of a surprise, but lacks depth, pretty obvious with the take-downs that have occurred after injuries.
41. Washington State: A showcase on how great coaching and a key player can create something. Playing way above their talent level, and their heads are in the right place.
52. Oregon: In contrast to Wazoo, playing lower than their talent level and expectations. Ducks NCAA fate may be sealed this weekend in LA.
The rest are history. UCLA looks better, but only compared to where they were. USC is an embarassment to talent collections everywhere. UDub needs a new coach, as do the Beavers. ASU is where they always are, as volitile as their coach, all over the place. The Bay Area schools should see this year as a gift, because it's going to get really ugly in the ACC.