The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Orange said:

The jobs report is actually disingenuous as it was taken mid-month before the worst of the layoffs hit.  The true numbers are much worse than that and the April jobs number is going to rip the market a new asshole because of it.  

The jobs number also doesn’t account for the millions of Americans who have been asked (forced) to take a pay cut.  

I just put in a six figure investment to short the S&P 500 and will be donating half the proceeds to Central Legal de la Raza’s undocumented worker relief fund as they have been hit the hardest out of anyone and can’t even file for unemployment.

Query:  Would it have been smarter to have a much more effective isolation of those aged X+ and or with underlying health conditions and less restrictions on the activities, including social, education and commercial activities, of those less vulnerable.  Could we have affected the freedom and finances of the younger much less while providing additional protections and assistance to the more vulnerable?

I don’t know.  Opinions?

In my area, pop @260,000, 280 verified and probable cases, 13 deaths.  Of the deaths all were over 60, 11 over 70, 8 over 80 and 4 over 90.  Number still climbing with cases tripling in last week (more testing data in that period).  About half of all cases have been retirement home residents and health care workers in those facilities and other health care facilities.

I have no idea of the number of ventilators in use or the demographics of those using them. That would be a key factor in this analysis.  the basic question would’ve been the ability of healthcare professionals to handle additional, if less serious, cases.

You can blame Trump or any past adminstrations for the shortcomings of the USA's response to COVID-19.  The question is was this casued by God?

Isaiah 26:20-21.

image.png.c1cc1c303e3ee38d446cb75890323945.png

I never thought we would see our beloved sports shut down like this and this country grinding to a near halt in my lifetime.  I know there have been pastors of churches who are keeping them open while defying state orders to not do so.  My church isn't doing that and we are doing our services on Facebook Live.

Hang in there, it seems like we have at least two weeks before we see things level off or the curve being flattened.  I think the nation reopening around Memorial Day is doable but we'll see.

11 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

You can blame Trump or any past adminstrations for the shortcomings of the USA's response to COVID-19.  The question is was this casued by God?

Isaiah 26:20-21.

image.png.c1cc1c303e3ee38d446cb75890323945.png

I never thought we would see our beloved sports shut down like this and this country grinding to a near halt in my lifetime.  I know there have been pastors of churches who are keeping them open while defying state orders to not do so.  My church isn't doing that and we are doing our services on Facebook Live.

Hang in there, it seems like we have at least two weeks before we see things level off or the curve being flattened.  I think the nation reopening around Memorial Day is doable but we'll see.

Do you just wake up and think "wow, I haven't said anything batshit lately, they must be getting withdrawals"?

20 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Query:  Would it have been smarter to have a much more effective isolation of those aged X+ and or with underlying health conditions and less restrictions on the activities, including social, education and commercial activities, of those less vulnerable.  Could we have affected the freedom and finances of the younger much less while providing additional protections and assistance to the more vulnerable?

I don’t know.  Opinions?

In my area, pop @260,000, 280 verified and probable cases, 13 deaths.  Of the deaths all were over 60, 11 over 70, 8 over 80 and 4 over 90.  Number still climbing with cases tripling in last week (more testing data in that period).  About half of all cases have been retirement home residents and health care workers in those facilities and other health care facilities.

I have no idea of the number of ventilators in use or the demographics of those using them. That would be a key factor in this analysis.  the basic question would’ve been the ability of healthcare professionals to handle additional, if less serious, cases.

This isn't reflective of the scientific understanding of how viruses spread.  We need herd immunity among the young/healthy in order to protect the sick.  We can't have undiagnosed/asymptomatic cases running rampant through communities and still protect the old.  Old people have caretakers, need prescriptions/food, they need people fixing their sinks and/or delivering goods and maintaining their homes and automobiles.  Not to mention that millions among the young would need hospitalization/ventilators under your scenario, and our health care system cannot withstand millions being hospitalized simultaneously.

Supposedly you're the generation that invented the internet and got vaccines into the mainstream.  Yet I see this level of ignorance CONSISTENTLY in people your age.

Why? 

Can you take a suggestion?  Listen to Fauci, not Trump or Pence or any Republican governor.

1 hour ago, Quack 12 said:

"... when the immediate supply of adequate amounts of these materials may not be immediately available."

Holy shit, who wrote this? HLB?

Sounds Kushnersque with all his corporate-babble.  650 words that could be summed up in 12.  I fucking LOATHE these people.

5 hours ago, Orange said:

This isn't reflective of the scientific understanding of how viruses spread.  We need herd immunity among the young/healthy in order to protect the sick.  We can't have undiagnosed/asymptomatic cases running rampant through communities and still protect the old.  Old people have caretakers, need prescriptions/food, they need people fixing their sinks and/or delivering goods and maintaining their homes and automobiles.  Not to mention that millions among the young would need hospitalization/ventilators under your scenario, and our health care system cannot withstand millions being hospitalized simultaneously.

Supposedly you're the generation that invented the internet and got vaccines into the mainstream.  Yet I see this level of ignorance CONSISTENTLY in people your age.

Why? 

Can you take a suggestion?  Listen to Fauci, not Trump or Pence or any Republican governor.

You’re a fucking idiot.  None of what I had to say had anything to do with Trump or politics.  Some points that you make are valid some are stupid.  You state we need herd immunity, the only way we get that is for lots of people to be infected.  Where is your evidence That millions among the young would need ventilators and hospitalization. That runs contrary to the current data.

I know nothing about medicine and didn’t pretend to.  I was inviting friendly discussion. You’re so fucking stupid it’s impossible. Nobody has been more idiotic in their comments about COVID-19 than you.  One only needs to review the Thread for that to be obvious. Self-awareness is not your thing.

Why is everything with you “quien es mas macho.”  For all your ranting and raving you end up at the same point I was, the question would be could the healthcare system, (Number of hospital rooms, number of ventilators, number of healthcare workers, availability of personal protective equipment) with a larger volume of less serious cases.  As I have done more reading I have discovered the hospitalization rate for young people is higher than I thought. There’s accounts for the reason the more generalized social restrictions have been deemed appropriate. That’s fine, I had no vested interest in a different answer, was just curious.

Take your free shot, you’re not worth talking to.

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

You’re a fucking idiot.  None of what I had to say had anything to do with Trump or politics.  Some points that you make are valid some are stupid.  You state we need herd immunity, the only way we get that is for lots of people to be infected.  Where is your evidence That millions among the young would need ventilators and hospitalization. That runs contrary to the current data.

In your own fucking reply, below, fat fuckstick:

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

I know nothing about medicine and didn’t pretend to.  I was inviting friendly discussion. You’re so fucking stupid it’s impossible. Nobody has been more idiotic in their comments about COVID-19 than you.  One only needs to review the Thread for that to be obvious. Self-awareness is not your thing.

Why is everything with you “quien es mas macho.”  For all your ranting and raving you end up at the same point I was, the question would be could the healthcare system, (Number of hospital rooms, number of ventilators, number of healthcare workers, availability of personal protective equipment) with a larger volume of less serious cases.  As I have done more reading I have discovered the hospitalization rate for young people is higher than I thought. There’s accounts for the reason the more generalized social restrictions have been deemed appropriate. That’s fine, I had no vested interest in a different answer, was just curious.

Take your free shot, you’re not worth talking to.

LMFAOOOOOOO!!!!

You're the last person on earth to preach self-awareness.  You pretend to hate trump and his actions yet everything you've ever done or said is etiher an explicit or tacit defense of him and his administration.

You don't know what "herd immunity" is in this context, fuckstick.  I'm not talking about people being infected and becoming immune (we don't know for 100% sure that would even happen), I'm talking about having the LEAST number of people infected possible so that there is a lower likelihood that caretakers would infect the very old and/or immunocrompromised.  If 100 million people under 40 in this country get the virus (we have some 170 million people age 40 and younger), up to 20 million or so will need hospitalization.  Yes, absolutely, in YOUR scenario, MILLIONS would need hospitalization.  And worst of all, they'd need it simultaneously. 

Your post was fucking willfully retarded -- which is no surprise -- and I was educating you, you fat guido fuck.  Go lick a fucking bus handrail.  Your shit has become insufferable to EVERYONE here, and your absence would be welcome.  You're the WORST of the worst.  An actual, educated, GOP establishment member who refuses to reject the absolute mattress fire that your own party has become.  You're not an idiotic rube who is easily race-baited and/or lied to; you're worse than that.  You're a FUCKING COLLABORATOR.

When the book is written about this shit, YOU will be the Swiss war profiteer of these moments in history, fattening yourself at the expense of the illiterate and unwashed you claim to resent.  But you need them.  You DESPERATELY want them, because that is the ONLY way you and your awful fucking ideas continue to plague our country.  The only justice/irony is that the retarded fucking viewpoint of your generation is singlehandedly responsible for killing most of you. 

Archived