The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2020 at 5:38 PM, RogueDuck said:

My dude, why are you so angry.  Maybe you should start doing shrooms.  If you do to much marijuana, you start to get angry, I've seen it before.  

Why AREN'T you angry?  We're facing the worst public-health crisis in 100 years and we have THE MOST incompetent president in U.S. history running the response into the ground.  The pilot is crash-landing into a volcano, and you ask why I'm angry?

How are you able to be so blissfully unaware?  Count your blessings if your life is untouched by this thing.  Are you home-schooling a child while also working 40 hours per week?  Is that situation being perpetuated thanks to a buffoonish federal response?  No?  Then shut the fuck up.

21 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

And yet that time period is when deaths flattened and the vast majority of deaths in the last 30 days would be attributable to infections occurring prior to that period.  Moreover, some of the states experiencing declines are those which also have had protests.  Finally, protests are isolated events not necessarily connected with overall changes in behavior and lack of voluntary compliance  in very liberal locations.  Probably more people at California beaches, Central Park and the Mall in DC than at the protests.  Bottom line, premature and highly speculative to draw any connections which the data you posted demonstrates as noted above.

The numbers will continue to be unstable. I expect the numbers will be better when actions taken resemble those taken in Washington (construction and elective surgery allowed, restrictions on fishing and golfing loosened), less so when California’s actions (more retail shopping) are mirrored and negative where Georgia’s  And most of Florida actions Are followed.

Finally when at least 42 states have loosened restrictions its irrational to attribute such actions to any political party.  Risk management is not risk elimination and both retaining and loosening restriction have health and other costs.  Finally, an important factor in establishing and maintaining restrictions is voluntary compliance.  Without widespread voluntary compliance with what are perceived as rational restrictions, the value of restrictions are greatly diminished.  Pretty stupid to say that four family members who live together can’t be on a boat.

LMAO, bullshit.  

There's only one party pushing the re-open mantra and we all know exactly which one that is.  The "loosened" restrictions are not all horse of the same color.  When Georgia opens up tattoo parlors, that's a HUGE difference from OR opening up elective surgery.  Watch the infection rate shoot up in GA over the next two weeks.  Christ, the FL governor didn't even know how a mask worked.  What planet are you on?

20 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Despite your, Orgs and SC’s attempts to make a strawman of me, I am not advocating wholesale abandonment of restrictions and don’t endorse actions of the Trump Admin.  I advocate for data driven actions aimed at decreasing limitations as that can be done without inflaming the consequences of the virus.  There will be a loosening if restrictions everywhere, the challenge is to keep such actions rational and data driven.

I've yet to see you advocate for a scaling up of reliable testing.

Do you support that in the least?  If so, it should be THE FIRST thing you scream about to your elected leaders, because it is THE ONLY way we can loosen restrictions of any kind responsibly.  If the Right Wing had any brains at all, they would be PISSED that trump is calling into question the notion of testing.  But they don't have brains, so they cry and scream at governors who can't open because MI is forced to fight WI for the right to purchase test kits from companies that gouge everyone (and often deliver unreliable shit).

18 minutes ago, Orange said:

LMAO, bullshit.  

There's only one party pushing the re-open mantra and we all know exactly which one that is.  The "loosened" restrictions are not all horse of the same color.  When Georgia opens up tattoo parlors, that's a HUGE difference from OR opening up elective surgery.  Watch the infection rate shoot up in GA over the next two weeks.  Christ, the FL governor didn't even know how a mask worked.  What planet are you on?

Can you read?

1 minute ago, KUGRDON said:

That’s a given.

It's not a given. The messaging from the white house on testing is that testing is a bad idea.  "Our numbers will look bad."  Or, Trump thinks one person testing negative several times they "for some reason" test positive is evidence that testing is flawed.

There is ZERO appropriate messaging from the GOP leadership on testing.  This should've been a drum beaten since early February. 

2 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Can you read?

Can you?  You were the one to indicate that some states with full re-openings would show greater rates of infection, and yet you've refused to identify which political party is disproportionately calling for full re-openings.  It's obvious the Republican-led states.  Liberals aren't the one showing up at capitol buildings with guns and swastikas and stars-and-bars.

I’ve criticized Fl Ga and questioned Ca., I think it’s universally known Fl and GA have Republican governors.  I’ve praised the action taken by Inslee though I despise him.  Anyone not know what party he is in?

I’ve also made the point that immediate and broad opening is foolish.  43 states have taken steps, all will.  It’s a matter of making those steps data driven.  It’s also worth pointing out that states with less population density will move sooner and faster.

8 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

I’ve criticized Fl Ga and questioned Ca., I think it’s universally known Fl and GA have Republican governors.  I’ve also made the point that immediate and broad opening is foolish.  43 states have taken steps, all will.  It’s a matter of making those steps data driven.  It’s also worth pointing out that states with less population density will move sooner and faster.

There is ONE political party that is denying the science and reopening their economies regardless of the CDC-mandated prerequisites to opening.  Fuck's sake, the PRESIDENT is encouraging re-opening even when his own task force says it shouldn't happen.  

FL and CA are not remotely comparable.  CA has allowed curbside opening for some retail, and has re-opened some parks.  That's incredibly mild compared to the full-scale reopening (or the states that never bothered to close) which are exclusively red states.

This is not a politically neutral problem.  YOUR party is the stupid party.  That much is abundantly clear.  

I think that’s been noted keeping in mind this thread is on the non-politics board.  It’s also worth noting that no state has adequate testing to have the data to be used in reopening, yet that movement is nearly universal.

9 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

I think that’s been noted keeping in mind this thread is on the non-politics board.  It’s also worth noting that no state has adequate testing to have the data to be used in reopening, yet that movement is nearly universal.

And why do you think this is?

4 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Trump.

Great.

Tweet about THAT shit, and stop questioning the seriousness of the infection.  Your republican brethren sure as shit won't listen to a screaming liberal like me.  We need ALL conservatives condemning his deplorable response to this when it comes to testing and lack of PPE.

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

I think that’s been noted keeping in mind this thread is on the non-politics board. 

I call Bullshit — I specifically created a separate thread on the politics of this on the politics board & it was moved/merged here so this is clearly where I am supposed to post about it.

————

Don a week ago:  All states are doing opening differently, some playing it more carefully, some more reckless (gives examples).

Don now:  42 states are “open” — it’s impossible to differentiate among them 🤷🏻‍♂️

intellectually DishONest

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

I’ve generally taken the view that posts are better made when discussing controversial matters or when there is ignorance on the board to be dispelled by facts.

Has anyone told you yet that your passive-voice dishonesty is probably the #1 reason you're not well-liked here?

Trump himself, along with a majority of republicans, do not take the view that testing is important.  Therefore, it's "controversial" on your side of the aisle.  But far be it from you to deviate from the party line.

5 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

I call Bullshit — I specifically created a separate thread on the politics of this on the politics board & it was moved/merged here so this is clearly where I am supposed to post about it.

————

Don a week ago:  All states are doing opening differently, some playing it more carefully, some more reckless (gives examples).

Don now:  42 states are “open” — it’s impossible to differentiate among them 🤷🏻‍♂️

intellectually DishONest

The only one being dishonest is you.  I have specifically differentiated them.  Just wondering, did you ever figure out the chart you posted yesterday?

5 hours ago, Orange said:

Has anyone told you yet that your passive-voice dishonesty is probably the #1 reason you're not well-liked here?

Trump himself, along with a majority of republicans, do not take the view that testing is important.  Therefore, it's "controversial" on your side of the aisle.  But far be it from you to deviate from the party line.

I would be worried if I was liked by you or some of the other imbeciles on this board.

This is like the 37th time you’ve talked about who likes who on the board. You must be so insecure for that to be important to you.

That orange blimp in the oval office is a racist piece of sh*t and he's killing people. Why? Because we are all expendable. Collateral damage to his unparalleled incompetence.

This is going to get so much worse and all that blood will be on his hands and those who support him. 

It's unconscionable.

Archived