The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Probably — I hear the testing causes new cases.

Well they were probably not adequately testing to begin with.  And bear in mind, I'm not saying the sheriff's decision not to enforce social distancing was the right call.  But the timeline for when they ramped up testing and when cases spiked by 10x seems to jive.

I am trying to work on being intellectually honest when I berate these public officials for fucking up.  The SC in WI is nuts. The sheriff's in almost ever county are dead wrong by not supporting the decisions of health officials and governors.  But they did do a testing surge.

I’m old enough to remember when conservatives shit hot iron bricks for three straight years when four Americans died in Benghazi. The paradigm shift to “let’s sacrifice our elderly and infect millions so I can go to an Applebee’s” has been quite the roller coaster.

I don't act like I know everything about Covid, because I don't.  But given the fact that in general it's about 14 days of being contagious.  Why don't we just take the quickest, most extreme measure?  Lockdown everything for 2 weeks and make everyone stay inside. You have 1 designated shopper from each household.  Assign everyone a number, and those numbers can only shop 1 day a week at your assigned store, at an assigned time. Test that person before they enter the store.  Everyone else in the house,stay home or yard only.  Wouldn't that knock the infection down a ton?  Then maybe we could open back up much quicker. 

Only have grocery stores open.  No bullshit fastfood, or what not.  Just grocery stores for 2 weeks.  I see people wearing masks, which may or may not do anything.  But I'd bet money, people are getting sick from all the fast food and take out they are eating.  Do you really believe every employee is doing the right thing?  I'd be shocked if its above 30%, who wear the mask right, clean right, change their gloves everytime ect.  

Seems like we are half ass fighting this, and it's just dragging on to long, and really it doesn't look like a good end in sight.

I had wondered if we had done a very severe lockdown for 2-3 weeks instead of a halfass, slow-walk lockdown over 2 months if we'd be in better shape.  But the thing is, we already know what works. S. Korea did this right and their economy is essentially back up and running.  How did they do it?  They IMMEDIATELY locked down, got almost everyone tested, and had dedicated track/trace programs going.

That's all we needed to do.  But we don't have a president, so it didn't happen. 

Just like we also know that medicare-for-all would work, because they do that kind of program in all of western europe and other countries, and the program is ENORMOUSLY popular.  Will we do it?  Nope.  Because one party in this country is too stupid/stubborn to do what works, and admit we don't have all the answers.

American exceptionalism is going to kill our country.

On 5/13/2020 at 3:38 AM, RogueDuck said:

I can say with 100% certainty I'm not looking forward to being tested.  My sister in law is a Dr at a local prison, and she says it's pretty painful if done right. And the reason we are seeing false results, is that people aren't administering the test right.  You have to go about 4-5 inches up the nose for 15 seconds.  

from my county’s update this afternoon ...

Previously, the technique used to test was to take a nasal swab in each nostril all the way to the back.  This was difficult and uncomfortable.  We have now changed the technique for testing.  The patients will perform the test on themselves.  They will take a swab, swirl it around each nostril (one-half inch back) and put the sample in a container.  The health care worker merely observes as the patient does the test.

Pullman opened restaurants, bars, nail and hair salons, barbers.  Phase 2.  also office-based professional services such as law, information technology, accounting, tax preparation and others during Phase 2.

24 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

I follow this married couple on Twitter, Alabama fans, late 20s, live in KC — they got covid and even though they’re over it, they still feel its effects 7 weeks later.

spooky

Michael Yo was on with Joe Rogan last week.  He said he just did his first workout, and it's like returning from a major injury.  He said he lost a lot of strength.  Also weird, he is a former D1 football player, who is still in great shape and almost died from it. But his wife and 70 yo mother got it from him, and both kicked it in a day.  

On 5/15/2020 at 7:47 PM, KUGRDON said:

Pullman opened restaurants, bars, nail and hair salons, barbers.  Phase 2.  also office-based professional services such as law, information technology, accounting, tax preparation and others during Phase 2.

So fucking stupid and unnecessary.

Archived