The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Imagine thinking you have the moral & intellectual high ground by stating it’s irrational to differentiate between all the different loosened state restrictions and this ....

You’re such an idiot. I made distinctions between the approach is taken in different states. I used Washington California and Florida as examples of wise and unwise along a spectrum. You Are the classic example of someone whose faulty perceptions match their bias and are unable to crawl out of your box and do original thinking.

Finally, I called you irrational not because of your views about reopening and it’s possible effects but rather because of your total inability to understand the data you posted or to see that the conclusions you were drawing from it were grossly premature.

Florida and Georgia and to a lesser extent California have shown an uptick in cases over Th e last week to ten days while Washington has not.  This mirrors exactly the distinctions In reopening strategies that I pointed out.  Every state is on a reopening track.  They have to be because people can not sustain the economic and social damage of a shutdown.  Shutdown was a necessary sledgehammer approach.  Now more of a scalpel approach must be used.  I’m no fan of Inslee, But he seems to be mailing the approach better than almost all the other governors.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:47 PM, KUGRDON said:

Florida and Georgia and to a lesser extent California have shown an uptick in cases over Th e last week to ten days while Washington has not.  This mirrors exactly the distinctions In reopening strategies that I pointed out.  

No, it mirrors the fact that WA was the very first state to be hit and other states are on a completely different timeline as a result, you fat, stupid moron.

I attended a socially-distanced barbecue last weekend, mostly made up of older-than-me Boomer Trumpanzees (tip of the hat to Orange). One guy kept talking about what pansies we are, and how this generation could never have won WWII because we're so willing to give up our constitutional rights.

I pointed out that during WWII, food was rationed, gas was rationed, many cities - especially on the west coast - enforced mandatory nightly blackouts, and Japanese Americans were shipped off to internment camps for years. But oddly, no one complained that they were being subjected to "tyranny." 

Who are the pansies? These people are just fuckin' stupid!

1 hour ago, Quack 12 said:

I attended a socially-distanced barbecue last weekend, mostly made up of older-than-me Boomer Trumpanzees (tip of the hat to Orange). One guy kept talking about what pansies we are, and how this generation could never have won WWII because we're so willing to give up our constitutional rights.

I pointed out that during WWII, food was rationed, gas was rationed, many cities - especially on the west coast - enforced mandatory nightly blackouts, and Japanese Americans were shipped off to internment camps for years. But oddly, no one complained that they were being subjected to "tyranny." 

Who are the pansies? These people are just fuckin' stupid!

Well if you’re going to tell a story, it’s best to not leave out the conclusion.  What was his response??

9 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

So they called me back at 5 & left a message saying they had my results & would call me back.

They didn’t.

thanks a lot.

Do you have any symptoms or anything?  Absent that, I'm not even allowed a test.

Yeah I’ve had a fever all week but this county testing place was free, No appointment, no questions asked — I think It was mainly for restaurant and grocery workers etc that need to get tested once a month but don’t have symptoms/time/money to go to a doctor. 

9 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

The important distinction is asymptomatic versus pre-symptomatic carriers. More than 136,000 new cases were reported worldwide yesterday, the largest single-day number yet. More comprehensive testing? Yeah, probably a big part of it, but claiming we shut down the economy for nothing is pretty ridiculous.

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---8-june-2020

Archived