The Flu

mysfit

8 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

You need some new news sources — the ones you have are lying to you.

1 minute of google shows the real story.

want to try again & post the truth?

Jaysus these people have tater tots for brains.

We have a PANDEMIC going on, this IS NOT like any other previous year.

WAKE UP CALL TO TRUMPISTAS

Things were going to go belly up whether there was a shut down or not. Not shutting down would result in even worse circumstances. The medical system would have drowned in patients and unable to care for ,COVID-19  or anything else. Imagine that, tens of thousands more dying because there was no one or nowhere to go for heart disease. Strokes trauma etc. 

Not to mention the fact that suicides are indicative of a broken mental health system and NOT COVID-19. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/13/2020 at 12:01 AM, Scscsc89 said:

You need some new news sources — the ones you have are lying to you.

1 minute of google shows the real story.

want to try again & post the truth?

Ok. I'm certainly not using suicides as a a political statement.   But according to you, USAToday, the Washington post, Sac bee, BBC are all wrong?  Multiple reports have shown that the Bay Area and Sacramento Suicide hotlines have been flooded with calls, and up significantly from previous years.  There was an interview with a NorCal Sherrif who said his cops generally respond to 1 suicide attempt a week, now they are responding to 1 or more a day.  There have been reports from multiple Doctors in the bay area that suicide attempts are way up, and it's not like anything they've ever seen. 

Federally the emergency hotline for suicides and drug use is up 1000x from what it was one year ago.  Sorry I didn't realize caring about suicides is suddenly a "Trumpster" thing.  Unlike you all, I haven't watched 1 minute of fox news, in at least 10 years.  So I missed what deaths we are caring about and what deaths we don't care about.  

I’m not getting political either — just want people to spread the truth.

Please post supporting links & then we can all decide if this is a true statement...

On 6/12/2020 at 11:00 PM, RogueDuck said:

Northern California reported that they had more attempted suicides in the month of may, than they do in an average year.  

doubling down but not providing sources doesn’t help anyone — this is your chance to put me in my place!

21 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

Ok. I'm certainly not using suicides as a a political statement.   But according to you, USAToday, the Washington post, Sac bee, BBC are all wrong?  Multiple reports have shown that the Bay Area and Sacramento Suicide hotlines have been flooded with calls, and up significantly from previous years.  There was an interview with a NorCal Sherrif who said his cops generally respond to 1 suicide attempt a week, now they are responding to 1 or more a day.  There have been reports from multiple Doctors in the bay area that suicide attempts are way up, and it's not like anything they've ever seen. 

Federally the emergency hotline for suicides and drug use is up 1000x from what it was one year ago.  Sorry I didn't realize caring about suicides is suddenly a "Trumpster" thing.  Unlike you all, I haven't watched 1 minute of fox news, in at least 10 years.  So I missed what deaths we are caring about and what deaths we don't care about.  

No offense to you, but I don’t trust anything cops say about anything. Ever.  

you said “suicide attempts”.  I’d trust a medical system’s log of suicide-attempt admissions.  

14 hours ago, Orange said:

No offense to you, but I don’t trust anything cops say about anything. Ever.  

you said “suicide attempts”.  I’d trust a medical system’s log of suicide-attempt admissions.  

So all cops are bad (according to you)?

On 6/12/2020 at 11:00 PM, RogueDuck said:

Northern California reported that they had more attempted suicides in the month of may, than they do in an average year.  

Still waiting for links that show this claim is true.

if not, the poster should acknowledge & retract.

24 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Still waiting for links that show this claim is true.

if not, the poster should acknowledge & retract.

https://abc7news.com/suicide-covid-19-coronavirus-rates-during-pandemic-death-by/6201962/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1286065/lockdown-end-coronavirus-california-donald-trump-gavin-newsom-suicide-death-toll

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8351613/Doctors-John-Muir-Medical-Center-Walnut-Creek-seen-deaths-suicide-COVID-19.html

https://www.foxnews.com/us/bay-area-doctors-seeing-more-suicides-coronavirus-stay-at-home-order

https://nypost.com/2020/05/24/california-city-has-seen-more-deaths-by-suicide-than-covid-19-doctor/

Here are 5 links that detail where I think he got his ideas, but I don't think @RogueDuck is going to like how it makes him look.  At least 4 of the 5 links are from renowned right-wing bullshit publications, and all of them quote the exact same doctor from one small California town.  The doctor claims he hasn't seen "numbers like these", and advocates for ending the lockdown (the narrative the rightwingers have been pushing since March).  Not a single number is ever mentioned, and apparently no one bothered to seek out any other sources.  Finally, nowhere is his claim of "high suicides in Northern California" supported at all.  This is one doctor, in one clinic in Walnut Creek, with anecdotal hyperbole.

This is irresponsible journalism to the Nth degree.  Hacky publications doing ZERO research and seeking out one wingnut in one corner of the East Bay and then blasting it far and wide on an international scale.  Huh?

And now we can officially declare that Rogue's critical thinking/reading habits need some work.

Archived