The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't/won't care.  We're probably going to hit 300k dead before next year at this rate (1k+ dead per day) and they'll continue to throw tantrums if we shut it down.  And part of me can't blame them since the republicans are bound and determined to ensure that only the richest among us survive the economic fallout.  Yet they continue to vote republican, because they're fucking retards.

19 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

This is so fucking disingenuous, and you know it.  Texas is seeing 6k new infections per day now (only a little more than OR has had in the entire pandemic) because Greg Abbott's pigheaded ass superseded city and county (Democrat) orders for businesses to close.  Houston is getting annihilated with new infections even though the mayor and county officials wanted to close everything down, and even arrested a salon owner who was later freed when Abbot played politics with the decision. 

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-texas-local-governments-cant-overrule-state-order-reopening-businesses-in-texas/269-3a0c21d2-b1bb-44c6-a978-c6c82da53e38

The same is true in places like Atlanta and New Orleans where city officials tried a stricter lockdown, and the Republican governors overrode those rules and said their own orders superseded.

I know you're generally a lying snake with respect to the information you contribute to discussions here, but this is a new low.  Even for you.

I am focusing on the conclusion the poster makes about hospitalizations in Florida being driven by younger people.

I sold all my businesses on 9/11 last year. I’m doing some consulting for minority retailers, South Asians and Latinos, and am spending a lot of time in retail establishments.  I started out consulting on purely financial issues, product mix, marketing, creation of data systems to measure and optimize sales and profits.  As COVID 19 developed I’ve been helping clients respond and interface with public health agencies.

My anecdotal observations are that the non-mask wearers generally fall Into three groups with obvious overlapping:  1) Conservatives who have mixed Partisan politics Into personal And social health And safety issues; 2) People who appear to be irresponsible in many or all facets of their lives; and 3) those under @ age 25.

It’s entirely predictable that the young would be more resistant to social distancing measures.  Temporary relationships, lack of control/privacy at home, activity levels in general and relative absence of serious personal health consequences.  Still they appear to me to be the demographic most susceptible to positive change in behavior.  I hope it happens fast.  When I offered a free mask the young generally accepted and while those in the other groups resist and argue.

It would be interesting to see what affect celebrity led youth campaigns for masks and social distancing would have.  Kind of surprising that they haven’t developed on social platforms such as Tik Tok.

5 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

I am focusing on the conclusion the poster makes about hospitalizations in Florida being driven by younger people.

I sold all my businesses on 9/11 last year. I’m doing some consulting for minority retailers, South Asians and Latinos, and am spending a lot of time in retail establishments.  I started out consulting on purely financial issues, product mix, marketing, creation of data systems to measure and optimize sales and profits.  As COVID 19 developed I’ve been helping clients respond and interface with public health agencies.

My anecdotal observations are that the non-mask wearers generally fall Into three groups with obvious overlapping:  1) Conservatives who have mixed Partisan politics Into personal And social health And safety issues; 2) People who appear to be irresponsible in many or all facets of their lives; and 3) those under @ age 25.

It’s entirely predictable that the young would be more resistant to social distancing measures.  Temporary relationships, lack of control/privacy at home, activity levels in general.  Still they appear to me to be the demographic most susceptible to positive change in behavior.  I hope it happens fast.

Don't forget (4) idiotic Republican governors who have NO EXCUSES for not predicting precisely the wave of infections that WE all predicted as they caved to a small minority of right-wing protesters, and re-opened too early, or never really closed. 

86% of hospitalizations are those 75-and-over.  Nothing you're saying about 25-under is true.

Also, is it your contention that children ages 0-4 are (a) irresponsible, or (b) going out to bars too much, etc.?  The statistics are not properly analyzed through your excuse-the-right-wing-stupidity rubric.

4 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

It’s entirely predictable that the young would be more resistant to social distancing measures.  Temporary relationships, lack of control/privacy at home, activity levels in general and relative absence of serious personal health consequences.  Still they appear to me to be the demographic most susceptible to positive change in behavior.  I hope it happens fast.  When I offered a free mask the young generally accepted and while those in the other groups resist and argue.

It would be interesting to see what affect celebrity led youth campaigns for masks and social distancing would have.  Kind of surprising that they haven’t developed on social platforms such as Tik Tok.

Would also be interesting to see what affect actual leadership from the GOP and Trump administration would have. 

I would guess the under 25 crowd would be less responsible, but without guidance from their parents/leaders would certainly be reckless.

Funny how you seem to hold your conservative group that know better less accountable than the young who do not.

On 6/26/2020 at 10:07 AM, Orange said:

Indeed, this is what happens when state and local leaders are in alignment regarding the facts and science as it relates to virus transmission.

It also helps that these local leaders have arguably the most wealthy, educated and intelligent constituents in the country who are capable of acting on informed and reasoned policy decisions.  These same leaders would be far less effective in southern states where constituents choose from the leading conspiracy of the day over science and logic. Or as the graphic shows above, the more poorly educated parts of California. 

Archived