2020 MLB

glduck

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with sticking to a six man rotation after losing a starter to injury: how many organizations have seven quality starters? Not many. And certainly not a club that has struggled with organizational depth going on two decades.

2 hours ago, glduck said:

The problem with sticking to a six man rotation after losing a starter to injury: how many organizations have seven quality starters? Not many. And certainly not a club that has struggled with organizational depth going on two decades.

Not sold on 6 man rotation but don’t see any harm yet and it is easier on the arms.

I don’t mind the theory or even the initial plan, but losing Big Maple is a huge blow to the staff. Today they rushed back his replacement in the rotation from an injury of his own, and he lasted all of a 1/3 of an inning as he was clearly still suffering. If you got six guys great, go nuts, but I don’t like stubbornly sticking to it if you clearly don’t have that sixth guy. Go back to a standard 5 until Margevicius is actually healthy.*

* Or Logan Gilbert is called up.

Padres take 3 out of 4 from Dodgers, 4-3 on the season against the Bums.  Tatis had 5 home runs in the four game series and becomes the first shortstop to hit a homer three days in a row in Dodger Stadium.  No Dodger has ever done that.  

17F1C066-37A9-4D50-A5EE-E81EB3FC60AF.png

I love when people pull up random stats like no other SS has hit HR's in three straight games at Dodger stadium. Jose Offerman, Ozzie Smith, and Rafael Furcal didn't do it? I'm stunned!

On the other note, was a really good series. Was really rooting for Kershaw to get the game winning pinch hit.

Archived