New OSU uni designs are wicked awesome!

OS_Beaver

These designs are fan made. The concept I favor would have a carbon threaded inlay 'OS' on the helmet and three helmets overall. Two common and one (probably orange) that was more rare. Also want 3 pant options and 4 tops. I figure in general we would have 12 more used looks/combos and reserve 3 or 4 combos for less frequent use.

I also want black and orange checkered endzones and a big orange OS in the center of the field that will make the endzones and the entire look just pop like crazy. Then with that extra focus on our colors we can afford some combos that introduce dark graphite or slight use of gray tones as a complement because the "overall" look would still very much feel OSU and the orange and black. Also way back in our beginnings we used some gray so it in no way takes away anything from our history.

There are literally thousands of possible designs that would help recruiting and forge OSU into a winning brand. This is a great start and our AD just needs to understand that we need to get with the times and compete to be the very best. The competition is stiff and many projects like stadium improvements are happening throughout the Pac-12. B)

Since when is grey an OSU color? You guys don't need these "costumes" nike & uncle phil can keep their fancy smancy uniforms.

I kid. Those look pretty sweet.

I laughed out loud. Nicely done.

As for the design... I'd like to see the orange version. More orange.

Style over substance. I want our players to concentrate on blocking and tackling and not how they might look on the runway. Put Tinker behind you and then shut up and hit somebody.

There, now I feel better.

Why, when I was a kid we ate dirt for lunch AND WE LIKED IT!!! Hey you kids take your ball and get off my lawn!!!!

I'm getting too old for this crap.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Oregon State have new uniforms that are very nice but still pretty traditional. Oklahoma State & Nike really did outdo themselves with their new football uniforms this year. That would be a good template for Oregon State to build from.

EDIT: Those Okie State uniforms were used in that Beaver Byte article.

OSU has to be careful about a uniform redesign being to oregon- like, as if they're trying to just copy the quacks. I agree about the traditional aspect of new uniforms. Several times throughout the year I saw Okie St and thought to myself: just slam a Beaver or OS on that uniform right there. Of course, I'd like to see something similar to the pro combat uniforms from last year.

My hope for the new unis:

1. No angry beaver on the side. OS or something similar. I think the Beaver has run its course.

2. Incorporate white. Preferably a flat white to go with the (hopefully) flat black on the helmets.

3. Lots of orange.

4. Nothing head-scratch-ish like having the names be the same color as the jersey so they can't be seen or the words of the fight song embroidered in there. Just simple, basic, but classy.

Frankly, I trust Nike to do it right, because a successful Nike school is good for Nike.

OSU has to be careful about a uniform redesign being to oregon- like, as if they're trying to just copy the quacks. I agree about the traditional aspect of new uniforms. Several times throughout the year I saw Okie St and thought to myself: just slam a Beaver or OS on that uniform right there. Of course, I'd like to see something similar to the pro combat uniforms from last year.

1. No angry beaver on the side. OS or something similar. I think the Beaver has run its course.

2. Incorporate white. Preferably a flat white to go with the (hopefully) flat black on the helmets.

3. Lots of orange.

4. Nothing head-scratch-ish like having the names be the same color as the jersey so they can't be seen or the words of the fight song embroidered in there. Just simple, basic, but classy.

Frankly, I trust Nike to do it right, because a successful Nike school is good for Nike.

5. No sports bra! :lol:

I agree about the Beaver on the helmet...it isn't unique since Northern Illinois has a similar logo:

U6SP2V6G5Q.jpg

And that Beaver kind of looks terrified:

beavers.gif

3. Lots of orange.

Trust Nike to make a new logo? Haha, careful what you wish for you may end up with some childish looking logo like this:

ASUlogo.jpg

Trust Nike to make a new logo? Haha, careful what you wish for you may end up with some childish looking logo like this:

ASUlogo.jpg

Seriously? I love the new ASU gear and logo. I am a duck fan though.....go figure.

Seriously? I love the new ASU gear and logo. I am a duck fan though.....go figure.

I hate it and hate everything about it. There is no creativity, its just a trident with ASU bolded out next to it. Its completely retarded which does represent our AD very well.

What makes me more fired up about it was that ASU's alumni were never consulted about this logo change and Crow/Love kept everybody in the dark and "snuck in" the logo change.

I think most of these looks are fairly traditional. I get tired of seeing only the same 4 combos we are currently using when just adding an extra helmet or pant gives you so many more options. I think the black with orange pants looks real good in the mockup and we haven't seen that since Dennis. I am trying to figure out the easiest way to incorporate the option of a black or orange OS on a white(sail) helmet. I think you could have one be your more common look where you could carbon thread inlay directly into the helmet and when you ever felt like going the other you would use a sticker.

There are 7 looks up now:

http://beaverbyte.com

Archived