Another cop murders another black man

Orange

6 hours ago, Orange said:

It may have been an argument because Floyd wasn't shot.

It’s not heartening to see people of color shill for a racist party.  

That was my bad using Floyd's name but that was not the reason for the argument.

And calling the GOP racist given the DNC's history with the KKK...you might want to put your bong away.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, glduck said:

You would have been a Democrat back when the KKK was formed.

Ha ha so lame.  Just take a look at the Wikipedia page of the GOP and what it was like back then.  They were nationalist and also for the working people party back then.  It's crystal clear why the Dems were pissed that Trump took away a key segment of their voters in the 2016 elections.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)

I would have never been a Dem because I would have been anti-slavery.

The Democratic Party of the era you referenced identified with rural agrarianism and conservative values. I’ve seen you post for many years now, you would have identified as a Democrat.

I’m not saying that you, personally, would have held pro-slavery views, if that’s what you took offense to. But you would have been a Democrat based on *everything* you’ve ever posted.

16 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

That was my bad using Floyd's name but that was not the reason for the argument.

And calling the GOP racist given the DNC's history with the KKK...you might want to put your bong away.

Yeah, this isn't 1948.  Or  even1970, when Nixon and Co. used code words to get Southern Democrats to switch to Republicans.  For fifty years, the GOP has been the party of choice for the conservative, racist whites in the South.  David Duke, Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms -- all conservative GOP members by the time they reached old age.

Anyway, if it's your assertion that the modern Democrats are the party of the confederacy, KKK, and all that derpy bullshit, then neither you nor any GOP member should have the right to object to taking down OUR confederate statues through the south.

Yet, somehow, it's ONLY GOP members who voice displeasure over that.  

Why do you think that's the case, retard?

12 hours ago, glduck said:

The Democratic Party of the era you referenced identified with rural agrarianism and conservative values. I’ve seen you post for many years now, you would have identified as a Democrat.

I’m not saying that you, personally, would have held pro-slavery views, if that’s what you took offense to. But you would have been a Democrat based on *everything* you’ve ever posted.

To be fair, the Democratic party of the 20th century was split between the Dems of the South, and the Dems of the North.  The Northern Democrats disproportionately voted for the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act, etc.  The GOP in the North was split (with a plurality opposed to the civil rights act).  The Dixiecrats in the south were an entirely different beast.  Basically a third party.

3 hours ago, Orange said:

Yeah, this isn't 1948.  Or  even1970, when Nixon and Co. used code words to get Southern Democrats to switch to Republicans.  For fifty years, the GOP has been the party of choice for the conservative, racist whites in the South.  David Duke, Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms -- all conservative GOP members by the time they reached old age.

Anyway, if it's your assertion that the modern Democrats are the party of the confederacy, KKK, and all that derpy bullshit, then neither you nor any GOP member should have the right to object to taking down OUR confederate statues through the south.

Yet, somehow, it's ONLY GOP members who voice displeasure over that.  

Why do you think that's the case, retard?

image.jpeg.1886667af71ac1e4c4ad7f7d08fd58e2.jpeg

2 hours ago, utenation said:

image.jpeg.1886667af71ac1e4c4ad7f7d08fd58e2.jpeg

I've read that meme is fake, but it may as well be real.  Trump has never had any true principles, and the GOP voters are, by far, the dumbest base of the lot.  They're disproportionately old, and old people fall for con men ALL THE TIME.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

I've read that meme is fake, but it may as well be real.  Trump has never had any true principles, and the GOP voters are, by far, the dumbest base of the lot.  They're disproportionately old, and old people fall for con men ALL THE TIME.

Agree.

Given Trump's credibility or lack there of, if it were fake, I'm surprised Trump didn't counter with "I wish I would have thought of that".. It's been proven time and time again, his minions would Pied Piper over a cliff if he gave the word.. So it doesn't matter if this one is lost in the sea of other Trump lies... It fits his profile and his followers..

I have my own data of family and friends as research.. Most of my Trump followers start out conversations with things like: "What did the redneck say before he died?"..Or 'dem libs are tryin' to take my guns.....

It's messed up that Jacob Blake was handcuffed to his hospital bed until recently after getting shot in the back seven times.  Salt being poured in his wounds.

And Trump fanning the flames of extremism...I hope Joe & Kamala have a good domestic counter-terrorism plan ready to go on day one.  I hate to say this but we could see more OKC bombings and Waco massacres in the future.

Anyone catch the news about the CDC guidelines being changed? From what I saw on Twitter, they are said to be just allowing us all to be exposed to achieve herd immunity...my goodness the Trump cult has a strong hold on some people.  I'm going to keep wearing my mask out in public and let COVID-19 do its job.  Having said that, I hope more people who are GOP supporters come to their senses.  About two months into COVID-19 being spread in this country, I stepped away from social media in a big way until about six weeks ago if not longer.  If you are worried about some people being exposed to those harmful politics & news, why not encourage them to step away from listening & watching & reading that stuff.

I think I'm going on another break very soon...maybe after this post.  Take care if that is the case!

Archived