2021 PAC12 football

Scorcho

Jon isn’t even that good at the financial stuff.

In all his dozens of articles about how bad the P12 revenue stream is compared to the other conferences, I don’t ever recall him tackling, “Is there anything they can do about it?”

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/24/2021 at 1:43 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Jon isn’t even that good at the financial stuff.

In all his dozens of articles about how bad the P12 revenue stream is compared to the other conferences, I don’t ever recall him tackling, “Is there anything they can do about it?”

Am I wrong to say that as a conference, he's all we got?

As a CU fan, I appreciate Jon Wilner & John Canzano because during CU's time in the Big 12, David Ubben was the ESPN Big 12 beat writer and he pretty much ignored CU because he was in bed with Bevo.

I'd say those two are pretty much all the P12 has but an upgrade from what the Big 12 had.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:26 AM, azgreg said:

I may be a homer but I think we're going to surprise some folks starting with BYU next weekend.

Agreed.  Losing Wilson to the Jets probably will hit BYU hard and no one outside of AZ seems like they are taking UA football seriously this year.  SDSU might be tough but you think UA could open 3-0 in this case before going to Eugene?

On 8/25/2021 at 8:26 AM, azgreg said:

I may be a homer but I think we're going to surprise some folks starting with BYU next weekend.

Apparently BYU has graduated a bunch of starters? Would love to see the wildcats start the season with an upset win.

I would love a AZ win. The line is -10 BYU on a neutral field.  I hope you know some AZ secrets but BYU will be solid.  Their only question is QB.

UA seems to be trending in the right direction, except they're choosing to play two QB's in game one. That never seems to work.

On 8/26/2021 at 7:39 AM, Scorcho said:

UA seems to be trending in the right direction, except they're choosing to play two QB's in game one. That never seems to work.

Rarely works. It did work during the Desert Storm era with Ortege Jenkins and Mike Smith. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them shows to be the option early and remains in the game. 

On 8/26/2021 at 12:29 PM, azgreg said:

Rarely works. It did work during the Desert Storm era with Ortege Jenkins and Mike Smith. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them shows to be the option early and remains in the game. 

any idea what type of offense the Wildcats will run?

my work shifted home since the pandemic so I always try and put something on in the background while I pretend to listen to meetings. Today on the Pac12 Network Oregon St was on playing Notre Dame in the 2001 Fiesta Bowl. Couple of observations:

- Chad Johnson running for a TD for the Beavs flipped the ball back at around the 2 yard line and the officials missed it :)

- Dennis Erickson coached the Beavs, Bob Davie coached the Irish and Urban Meyer was a WR coach for Bob Davie

- it was still an era of over-sized shoulder pads, the QB for the Irish might have been wearing a neck roll :D 

- Beavers owned the Irish, Davie looked embarassed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived