UCLA Vs Arizona

SteveAztec

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UCLA off to a fast start and looking good.

Heads up to UCLA fans.  Howland isn't going anywhere. He has done a heck of a job this year with a very young team.

Go Bruins!!!  (today only)

Holland is gone (thankfully), and it is not just because this year.

Just curious as to why UCLA feel this way...

-Has he done something illegal?

-Because Bill Walton said so?

-Does the AD and Howland dislike each other?

I am looking at this year.  UCLA is probably going to make the NCAA Tourney, win around 25 games, have played a pretty darn good schedule, and most of the starters/key players are true freshman or transfers who take time to fit into the system

I think Howland has done a very impressive job this season and has UCLA in a position to make strong runs for the next 3 years in a row.

Just curious as to why UCLA feel this way...

-Has he done something illegal?

-Because Bill Walton said so?

-Does the AD and Howland dislike each other?

I am looking at this year.  UCLA is probably going to make the NCAA Tourney, win around 25 games, have played a pretty darn good schedule, and most of the starters/key players are true freshman or transfers who take time to fit into the system

I think Howland has done a very impressive job this season and has UCLA in a position to make strong runs for the next 3 years in a row.

Coaching at a premiere basketball program, with elite talent, on the big stage in LA and in the top conference in the west these results are not impressive or acceptable.

Coaching at a premiere basketball program, with elite talent, on the big stage in LA and in the top conference in the west these results are not impressive or acceptable.

25 wins with four freshman starting is not impressive?

As far as I know, only one coach has ever won that many games with 4 freshman starting/or in the top 6 of the lineup.

-Coaching at a premiere basket program...Agree true.

-Elite talent...Agree true.

-On the big stage in L.A....Agree true.

-Top conf. in the West?...Not any more.  The MWC is better and the WCC is close.

I will be very surprised if Ben Howland is let go this season.  I see him being at UCLA 3 more years.

25 wins with four freshman starting is not impressive?

As far as I know, only one coach has ever won that many games with 4 freshman starting/or in the top 6 of the lineup.

-Coaching at a premiere basket program...Agree true.

-Elite talent...Agree true.

-On the big stage in L.A....Agree true.

-Top conf. in the West?...Not any more.  The MWC is better and the WCC is close.

I will be very surprised if Ben Howland is let go this season.  I see him being at UCLA 3 more years.

No not impressed, this is the difference between a top PAC 12 team and a top MWC or WCC team, I know Gonzaga is #1 and have been consistently good, but a 25+ win year and trip to the sweet16 is a good year for SDSU, New Mexico, Gonzaga or St Mary's not so much for UCLA or Arizona.

Howland is gone and rightfully so.

latest bracketology has 5 teams in the pac-12, 4 from the mwc, and 2 from the wcc. 

the mwc is close to the pac, not sure why you're randomly throwing out other conferences in this discussion. 

Archived