Liberal America

KUGRDON

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I post his words and you whine.  Lol  Did you message him?

its despicable and stupid to refuse vaccination.  crazy GOPers are disproportionately guilty.  Yet the lowest vaccination rate of any age group is among young adults.

Its despicable and stupid to refuse to practice social distancing and masking while nonvaxed.  Crazy GOPers are guilty.

It’s despicable and stupid for nonvaxed to pretend like they’re  practicing social distancing and masking when they don’t.  This is what young adults have done all through the pandemic and is the reason why they generate a number of cases far greater than they’re share of the population.

I realize you only accept half the data.  That’s a principal reason why over 500,000 died.

14 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

I post his words and you whine.  Lol  Did you message him?

its despicable and stupid to refuse vaccination.  crazy GOPers are disproportionately guilty.  Yet the lowest vaccination rate of any age group is among young adults.

Its despicable and stupid to refuse to practice social distancing and masking while nonvaxed.  Crazy GOPers are guilty.

It’s despicable and stupid for nonvaxed to pretend like they’re  practicing social distancing and masking when they don’t.  This is what young adults have done all through the pandemic and is the reason why they generate a number of cases far greater than they’re share of the population.

I realize you only accept half the data.  That’s a principal reason why over 500,000 died.

No, the principal reason that over 600,000 died is because your party's leader politicized and lied about the virus from the get-go, did absolutely NOTHING to assist states and local governments in manufacturing PPE and providing financial assistance to those who were forced to stay home rather than work, and -- worst of all -- politicized masks for roughly 70 million of the nation's voters, almost all of whom are conservative, older, and white.  Like you.

Yeah, young people in their teens and 20s didn't follow the rules.  Young people in their teens and 20s do stupid shit.  This is only a news flash if you're not familiar with homo sapiens.

What IS different and unique about this time in history is that one entire political party deemed common-sense public health to be a political "hoax."  This includes children in their teens and twenties whose parents are conservative assholes who fly trump flags (hence the map of the disproportionately unvaccinated lines up almost perfectly with an electoral map).

THAT is the principal reason 600,000 people died.  Oh, and it didn't hurt that the most vulnerable communities were hit the hardest (black, brown, poor, etc.).  It's just like the AIDS crisis.  "Hey, it's just those lowlifes that we hate anyway, so who cares?"

It is notable that it took a bunch of other posters browbeating you for you to FINALLY accept the obvious data that proves your party and your ideology is what killed so many people.  Your ability to bend over backwards to tacitly defend the GQP party by blaming all other scapegoats doesn't go unnoticed.  By anyone.

Young people will always behave in more risky ways than older people, this is why we try to educate them and show them the consequences of the risky behavior. They will still do riskier things than more mature people, but a good portion of them will at least try to do the right thing.

Unfortunately much of the GOP leadership and media from the right have pushed narratives that Covid is no big deal, particularly for young people, and have spread lies ranging from Covid is a hoax to only high risk groups need to worry about Covid to the vaccine is a conspiracy from the left to control them. 

Of course it is despicable to refuse vaccination and put others at risk ( as a large portion of GOP voters AND leadership advocate ) . However, if you send mixed messages to children and young adults that it isn't a big deal they will do what is fun and convenient. Don's party is responsible for this, and I place much more of the blame on them than I do on the young  people who don't have the maturity and experience to sniff out the bullshit coming from the GOP, just as I would blame a parent whose child always misbehaves but is never corrected by the parents much more than the child.

3 hours ago, Mano said:

Young people will always behave in more risky ways than older people, this is why we try to educate them and show them the consequences of the risky behavior. They will still do riskier things than more mature people, but a good portion of them will at least try to do the right thing.

Unfortunately much of the GOP leadership and media from the right have pushed narratives that Covid is no big deal, particularly for young people, and have spread lies ranging from Covid is a hoax to only high risk groups need to worry about Covid to the vaccine is a conspiracy from the left to control them. 

Of course it is despicable to refuse vaccination and put others at risk ( as a large portion of GOP voters AND leadership advocate ) . However, if you send mixed messages to children and young adults that it isn't a big deal they will do what is fun and convenient. Don's party is responsible for this, and I place much more of the blame on them than I do on the young  people who don't have the maturity and experience to sniff out the bullshit coming from the GOP, just as I would blame a parent whose child always misbehaves but is never corrected by the parents much more than the child.

This is bullshit on so many levels it amazes me. Young adults were not misled.  They were not taking more risk.  They were acting rationally in their own self interest. They knew the chances that they would get seriously ill and die were next to zero and they didn’t give a shit about those at greater risk.  They balanced their own social and sexual needs against the risk of illness to themselves and those around them.  They chose their own social and sexual needs.

You want to mitigate their responsibility because of their tender age.  People their age were fighting in Afghanistan.  If you think they are incapable of rational thought why don’t you lead an effort to deny them the vote.

Any claim that they were following the counsel of Trump or any other Republican is likewise fucking crazy.

15 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

You want to mitigate their responsibility because of their tender age.  People their age were fighting in Afghanistan.  If you think they are incapable of rational thought why don’t you lead an effort to deny them the vote.

As long as we can also do that for ALL Trump voters, particularly those not of "tender ages".

What the fuck is their excuse?

5 hours ago, Nakedmolerat said:

These were in the same paragraph and seem to be in opposition. 

That's Don continuing to spread his party's the lie that helped motivate young people to behave riskily.

I think chiding “the youth” is very important. There’s no other way to look at a map and determine why one type of state has almost unilaterally reached their 70% vaccination goals, and literally *none* of another kind of state have hit theirs. 

And I’m honest enough to state over and over and just a few posts ago that there are two groups that are problems.  Are you, any of you?  The answer appears to be no from you science deniers. 😂

If it is Trump’s fault that young adults did not practice social distancing is it Biden’s fault that they have the lowest rate of vaccination among all age groups?  The answer is no in both cases.  Just a self-centered group, the vast majority of which are liberal, making pandemic choices based upon their personal pleasure.  Motto: Ask what you can do for me.

56 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

And I’m honest enough to state over and over and just a few posts ago that there are two groups that are problems.  Are you, any of you?  The answer appears to be no from you science deniers. 😂

If it is Trump’s fault that young adults did not practice social distancing is it Biden’s fault that they have the lowest rate of vaccination among all age groups?  The answer is no in both cases.  Just a self-centered group, the vast majority of which are liberal, making pandemic choices based upon their personal pleasure.  Motto: Ask what you can do for me.

You sure have a way of attempting to dumb down and simplify a complicated subject to suit your talking points.

Younger people do dumber shit.  It's a fact of life that we all know (or at least everyone but you knows).  So older people are supposed to teach them.  Again, simple fact we've known since we were hunter/gatherers.  Moreover, younger people were the last people to be eligible for the shot.  Older people were first.

Older people who are trump voters have no such excuse.  They just have Trump.  And other GQP assholes who preach against masks, call COVID a hoax, etc etc.

We've had 16 months of this shit and you STILL don't get that Trump and the GOP fucked this pandemic up by politicizing health?  And like gl says, you're sure as shit adept at ignoring that Mississippi, Alabama, and the rest of the south are less than 60% vaccinated (40% in Mississippi!).  Meanwhile, CA, NY, VT, the entire NE, MN, WA and OR are 70% or higher.

"bUt iT'S tHe yOuTh!"

You're a fucking idiot.

17 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Over 80% of those 65+ are vaccinated.

Over 60% of those between 19 and 40 are not vaccinated.

The Highest correlation of COVID behavior is age.

"Stronger than any other metric."

You do realize that people aged 19-40 can be divided up in ways other than age, right?  Why do you feel this burning desire to defend the Q-anoners?  Where were you Jan. 6th?

Archived