Liberal America

KUGRDON

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. As dangerous and inbred as the conservative social media subculture has become, and your own personal feelings towards corona and vaccinations, I gotta say I’d lean towards you disagreeing with your buddy Glenn on this. 

59 minutes ago, glduck said:

Hmm. As dangerous and inbred as the conservative social media subculture has become, and your own personal feelings towards corona and vaccinations, I gotta say I’d lean towards you disagreeing with your buddy Glenn on this. 

He doesn’t say anything to exculpatory about the right.  Please don’t fall into the trap of thinking that being critical of the left is an endorsement of the right.  I see the same authoritarian streak in the left as does Glenn.

Don’t kid yourself the left media and social media subculture is toxic and anti democratic.  Remember, Stacey Abrams is one of its hero’s and she still hasn’t conceded the 2018 Georgia gubernatorial election, has not stated that her opponent won fair and square.  Does that only matter when a Republican does that?
The left is now cheering an anti-democratic scheme to deny quorum in Texas, functionally the same as a Senate filibuster, except that the quorum denial scheme is illegal.

The left cheered so called COVID relief that routed most of the relief to people who never lost a dime attributable to COVID.  A true COVID relief package would have given ten times as much to those ravaged by COVID and nothing to most folks.  It was nothing more than an anti-democratic vote buying scheme which had to be paid to a very large group to purchase the most votes.

The whole notion of white privilege is toxic and anti-democratic and destructive.  If one kid is abused and another is not, is the one who is not abused privileged or did he just receive what he was entitled to. Relief for the abused should be the goal not some false assertion that the non-abused was privileged.

I haven’t voted since 2012.  I remain a centrist conservative (solidly between Manchin and Romney) who realizes that the GOP is no longer conservative.  As scary as the right is, I find no solace in the left.  No heros of democracy.

14 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

He doesn’t say anything to exculpatory about the right.  Please don’t fall into the trap of thinking that being critical of the left is an endorsement of the right.  I see the same authoritarian streak in the left as does Glenn.

Don’t kid yourself the left media and social media subculture is toxic and anti democratic.  Remember, Stacey Abrams is one of its hero’s and she still hasn’t conceded the 2018 Georgia gubernatorial election, has not stated that her opponent won fair and square.  Does that only matter when a Republican does that?

She conceded that he won the election; she did not concede that it was fair, and she has INCREDIBLY good reason to believe this.  Kemp was running while he was also managing the elections.  You wanna talk about "anti-democratic"?  How fucking democratic is it for a Secretary of State, the manager of the election, to be running for governor in an election he's managing (all while purging the voter rolls of his perceived electoral enemies).

The left is now cheering an anti-democratic scheme to deny quorum in Texas, functionally the same as a Senate filibuster, except that the quorum denial scheme is illegal.

Because Texas is attempting to criminalize people who try to vote.  Does context mean absolutely nothing to you?  You're the most dishonest prick on here, and it's not close.

The left cheered so called COVID relief that routed most of the relief to people who never lost a dime attributable to COVID.  A true COVID relief package would have given ten times as much to those ravaged by COVID and nothing to most folks.  It was nothing more than an anti-democratic vote buying scheme which had to be paid to a very large group to purchase the most votes.

The whole notion of white privilege is toxic and anti-democratic and destructive.  If one kid is abused and another is not, is the one who is not abused privileged or did he just receive what he was entitled to. Relief for the abused should be the goal not some false assertion that the non-abused was privileged.

What kind of fucking retarded shit is this?  Now you're bizarrely moving into KKK territory?  I guarantee you know EXACTLY what people mean when they discuss white privilege, but you're choosing to ascribe a new definition to it.  

I haven’t voted since 2012.  I remain a centrist conservative (solidly between Manchin and Romney) who realizes that the GOP is no longer conservative.  As scary as the right is, I find no solace in the left.  No heros of democracy.

Then shut the fuck up.  Everything you fucking say is so goddamned idiotic.  It really is as if you've read/watched a grand total of 2 media sources in 20 years.  Also, $100 says they didn't bother to purge you from the voter rolls.

If you were black in Georgia, I guarantee they would have.

ABRAMS: Let's be clear. This is not a speech of concession because concession means to acknowledge an action is right, true or proper. As a woman of conscience and faith, I cannot concede that. But my assessment is the law currently allows no further viable remedy.

44 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

ABRAMS: Let's be clear. This is not a speech of concession because concession means to acknowledge an action is right, true or proper. As a woman of conscience and faith, I cannot concede that. But my assessment is the law currently allows no further viable remedy.

That's a respectful way of conceding the election, but also criticizing the process.  If Trump had said this, it would have been perfectly fine.

Instead, he sparked an insurrection, and gaslit 70 million people in an attempt to overthrow the government.  And he's still doing it.

Fucking quote her with context, or shut the fuck up, you ignorant asshole.

It was rigged but I can’t do anything about it is not respectful.

if you were black . . .you would. . .  This is an example of the autocratic racism of the left.  It dictates how blacks must feel and act and discredits the views of those who don’t conform simply because of their race.  Moreover it is an infantilization of African Americans, they can’t, they don’t.  Racist, autocratic and anti-democratic.

45 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

It was rigged but I can’t do anything about it is not respectful.

I missed where she used the word "rigged", which is what all your white-power buddies have been saying for 9 months.

45 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

if you were black . . .you would. . .  This is an example of the autocratic racism of the left.  It dictates how blacks must feel and act and discredits the views of those who don’t conform simply because of their race.  Moreover it is an infantilization of African Americans, they can’t, they don’t.  Racist, autocratic and anti-democratic.

WTF are you talking about?

Recognizing that a white supremacist power structure does ANYTHING it can to disenfranchise people of color isn't "infant-lizing" black people, you fat fucking racist twit.

16 minutes ago, duckfandan said:

How dare the youths challenge the prosperous marriage of conservative politics and the church.

You may have missed my point which is not the merit of the action, but if you’re going to attack Chick Fil A For a history of such antagonism, don’t you think you might have selected a school not tied to a church with an even worse history?  Consistency, not merit, was my point.

21 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

You may have missed my point which is not the merit of the action, but if you’re going to attack Chick Fil A For a history of such antagonism, don’t you think you might have selected a school not tied to a church with an even worse history?  Consistency, not merit, was my point.

Fair.  My point was essentially, often the elder leadership of the church doesn't match with the belief of younger members and continue to further alienate the future of the church.

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

Notre Dame is an elite school that opens doors for a lot of secular people, too.  Chick Fil A is a fast-food joint that hates gay people, and you can get chicken anywhere.

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

The state that’s doing the best is a ***checks notes*** red state.

Yeah, when a map groups 10-50% in one color, you can claim yet another Donesty point.

Meanwhile, in truth land:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/07/09/1014512213/covid-is-surging-in-new-hotspots-driven-by-low-vaccination-rates

The worst 40 cities for new cases are *checks notes* all in red states.

"eLeCtiOn iNteGriTy"

You realize ALL this that you're cheerleading is based on the lie that Trump won the election.

Do you care at all if our democratic institutions are destroyed?  Because that's what your party is trying to do.

Archived