PAC 12 Basketball 21-22

KUGRDON

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UCLA cancelled the game vs Alabama State on Dec 15. The Arizona game was scheduled for Dec 30. The isolation period for vaccinated persons with a positive test and symptoms as mandated by the CDC is 10 days. For vaccinated persons in close contact/exposure the rec is to mask up and test onself in 5-7 days, isolating if they test positive. UCLA knows on Dec 24 that it wont have 7 scholarship players and 1 coach available to play on Dec 30. For UCLA to know today that they wont have those 7 players available in 6 days they must have had a minimum of 7 positive tests in symptomatic players between Dec 20 and Dec 24.

That week of the 25th now seems to be open for the games to be crammed in.  The LA schools are at home later that week and the Arizona schools now only have the 1 game playing against each other. Push the LA home games against Cal/Stan back one day then you put the make up games at the front of the week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 4:48 PM, glduck said:

Tonight was supposed to be a Colorado/Oregon makeup game because covid issues at CU, but now it’s postponed again because of covid issues at Oregon.

The odds of the basketball civil war being played this weekend… not great!

The first great news of 2022!

On 12/1/2021 at 10:33 PM, Chile_Ute said:

Utes will be lucky to break .500.  Hope Smith can recruit like a mofo.

.500 might have been too optimistic, sad to say.  I figured with a healthy Carlson and the return of Gach, we could at least make things respectable. We looked like raw sewage against the last 3 bottom half P12 teams. Yikes. 

Smith looks lost in conference play.. Sure there's an adjustment going to a P5 league but we might have just taken some lipstick off a pig.. I'll give it some time and a few recruiting classes but as of today, we are holding down the bottom of the conference. Not impressed.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:42 PM, utenation said:

.500 might have been too optimistic, sad to say.  I figured with a healthy Carlson and the return of Gach, we could at least make things respectable. We looked like raw sewage against the last 3 bottom half P12 teams. Yikes. 

Smith looks lost in conference play.. Sure there's an adjustment going to a P5 league but we might have just taken some lipstick off a pig.. I'll give it some time and a few recruiting classes but as of today, we are holding down the bottom of the conference. Not impressed.

Yup.  I was writing this and most of next season off. Interested to see how he recruits.  If there is improvement as the season(s) go then I have a couple years.

Utah was kind of playing over their heads earlier in the year, but has fallen off a cliff in conference play. Was thinking they could finish middlish of the conference, but at this point they seem destined to be in the basement. Hoping they can get a decent recruiting class this year.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:19 AM, Mano said:

Utah was kind of playing over their heads earlier in the year, but has fallen off a cliff in conference play. Was thinking they could finish middlish of the conference, but at this point they seem destined to be in the basement. Hoping they can get a decent recruiting class this year.

they can never take the Sunshine Slam Championship away from us

Smith goes 11-12 deep every game. I can't tell if its because he simply doesn't have the talent to play 7-8 guys consistently or if he's still trying to figure this team out. 

On 1/10/2022 at 10:35 AM, Scorcho said:

they can never take the Sunshine Slam Championship away from us

Smith goes 11-12 deep every game. I can't tell if its because he simply doesn't have the talent to play 7-8 guys consistently or if he's still trying to figure this team out. 

I was reading an article last week. Smith said umm, yeah, maybe we need to pick some guys and stick with a rotation.

The team is mostly transfers, so play the best guys and be done with it.  We are 16 games deep. You should know a rotation by now.  I don't think we've lost to WSU in SLC in like 50 years. 

Smith is making the wrong records in the record book. 

Archived