Week 1

glduck

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see the UNC-CU game but the Buffs won 35-7.  In a night where Kansas barely beat South Dakota and South Dakota State taking CSU behind the woodshed, I'll take it.  Buff fans were bitching about how conservative the gameplan was today.  Four different Buffs RBs scored 4 TDs and ran for 283 yards on the ground with no turnovers.  Love Broussard as the starting RB but I don't see him lasting a full season especially one with 11 P5 games coming up and the Buffs look like they have at least three other RBs to carry the load.  This is what I am hoping to see from this team.

We'll see how good CU is the next two weeks with Texas A&M and Minnesota coming to Colorado in the next two weeks.

Colorado was mediocre at best last night.  To be fair, there was zero creativity or aggressiveness.  Almost no blitzing or downfield throws.  The first is clearly game plan.  The second we will see.  Lewis seemed to hold the ball forever.  Against unc that’s ok, against a&m it will get him killed.  Trying not to overreact too much to a 28 point win, but the eyes good a different story.

On 9/4/2021 at 12:44 AM, Jalapeno said:

Didn't see the UNC-CU game but the Buffs won 35-7.  In a night where Kansas barely beat South Dakota and South Dakota State taking CSU behind the woodshed, I'll take it.  Buff fans were bitching about how conservative the gameplan was today.  Four different Buffs RBs scored 4 TDs and ran for 283 yards on the ground with no turnovers.  Love Broussard as the starting RB but I don't see him lasting a full season especially one with 11 P5 games coming up and the Buffs look like they have at least three other RBs to carry the load.  This is what I am hoping to see from this team.

We'll see how good CU is the next two weeks with Texas A&M and Minnesota coming to Colorado in the next two weeks.

Seriously, your comments might hold a bit more weight if you had actually seen the game.

On 9/4/2021 at 10:19 AM, EastCoastFan said:

Seriously, your comments might hold a bit more weight if you had actually seen the game.

It's so easy to overreact after the first game of the season.  We will see how good or how bad CU is soon anyway.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Cristobal has absolutely destroyed the Oregon offense. And the defense still sucks. Hopefully FSU having played last week is the real factor. Who gives a shit if you can recruit if the team is always so much less than the sum of its parts? 

Everything on offense is SO DIFFICULT for Oregon. The runs are "always" into the teeth of the defense. The completions are "always" into small, contested windows. It's just agonizing. Meanwhile Fresno is scheming guys open all over the field. 4th and 1, Verdell falls down. Next drive, Brown can walk backwards for 10 yards and a first down, throws back across the field into the turf. 2nd down, RPO finds the TE...FACING HIS HIS OWN ENDZONE when the ball arrives. Like, wtf? 3rd and 10, 3 yard route to covered RB? 

On 9/4/2021 at 12:50 PM, dtd said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, Cristobal has absolutely destroyed the Oregon offense. And the defense still sucks. Hopefully FSU having played last week is the real factor. Who gives a shit if you can recruit if the team is always so much less than the sum of its parts? 

Looking more and more like Jim Mora

I agree with everything that everyone has already said. The defense sucked shit the moment Thibodeaux left, and didn’t recover until late. Thankfully it did, but Fresno wasn’t playing out of their minds or anything. They were just out-playing and out-scheming Oregon.

Brown was hardly inspiring. Couldn’t tell live if our cache of highly recruited receivers just couldn’t get open against Mountain West DB’s or if Brown only looked downfield 3 or 4 times, but it looked like we did Fresno a big favor by only making them defend a little bit of the field at a time.

Archived