Week 2

glduck

Oregon (1-0) @ Ohio State (1-0)

Texas A&M (1-0) vs Colorado (1-0)

Cal (0-1) @ TCU (1-0)

Portland State (0-1) @ Washington State (0-1)

Washington (0-1) @ Michigan (1-0)

San Diego State (1-0) @ Arizona (0-1)

Utah (1-0) @ BYU (1-0)

Stanford (0-1) @ USC (1-0)

Hawaii (1-1) @ Oregon State (0-1)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You left out - AZ State vs. UNLV

USC, Utah and AZ State will win.

Colorado, Cal and Washington will lose.

AZ, Oregon State and Wazzu should win, but I think they will lose.

Oregon has a slight chance to beat Ohio State (which I hope happens), but I'm not expecting them to do so.

Once again, the PAC12's OOC results are going to be woeful and play a key role in keeping them out of the CFB Playoffs.

oh yay, Utah gets to play an instate rivalry game where inevitability if they win, then its business as usual, but if they lose then the sky is falling, additionally they will likely sustain a major injury or two just because.

If BYU leaves for the Big XII then maybe this game will have more meaning going forward, but as of today its doesn't.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:56 AM, Scscsc89 said:

Utah-BYU is the Pac-12’s best rivalry — partly because Utah fans don’t want it to be.

locally its nauseating. it quickly turns from sports into a contest of GPA scores of incoming freshman, media baiting, who had the latest athlete arrested and why, mascot masculinity, and serial killer alumni. Its beyond stupid. 

On 9/7/2021 at 12:14 PM, Scorcho said:

locally its nauseating. it quickly turns from sports into a contest of GPA scores of incoming freshman, media baiting, who had the latest athlete arrested and why, mascot masculinity, and serial killer alumni. Its beyond stupid. 

Only one school is an academic research powerhouse, and it's not the one in Provo.  Case closed, discussion ended.

On 9/6/2021 at 11:17 AM, HLB said:

You left out - AZ State vs. UNLV

USC, Utah and AZ State will win.

Colorado, Cal and Washington will lose.

AZ, Oregon State and Wazzu should win, but I think they will lose.

Oregon has a slight chance to beat Ohio State (which I hope happens), but I'm not expecting them to do so.

Once again, the PAC12's OOC results are going to be woeful and play a key role in keeping them out of the CFB Playoffs.

I think Oregon State will not.  They've never lost to Hawaii at home, and there's not much to suspect the Rainbows will be especially good this year.  They're thin as paper in the skill positions.  Beavs by 14.

Aztecs haven't beaten the Cats since 1979.  Zona didn't impress in week 1, but SDSU needed a comeback to beat New Mexico State.  Cats by 6.

Wazzu will beat PSU coming off a disappointing loss.  Cougs by 21.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:39 AM, Scorcho said:

oh yay, Utah gets to play an instate rivalry game where inevitability if they win, then its business as usual, but if they lose then the sky is falling, additionally they will likely sustain a major injury or two just because.

If BYU leaves for the Big XII then maybe this game will have more meaning going forward, but as of today its doesn't.

All risk, no reward.

On 9/8/2021 at 6:52 PM, EastCoastFan said:

How do Utes feel now that this annual competition is against a POWER FIVE school in the BIG TWELVE?

It definitely helps. At least now there is a frame or reference for conference comparison based on how BYU finishes in the Big XII. 
it will be interested to see how it works in the future with the plan to play 8 conference games, a crossover game with the B1G and the ACC and then an annual BYU game

On 9/8/2021 at 8:07 PM, Scorcho said:

It definitely helps. At least now there is a frame or reference for conference comparison based on how BYU finishes in the Big XII. 
it will be interested to see how it works in the future with the plan to play 8 conference games, a crossover game with the B1G and the ACC and then an annual BYU game

It’s really interesting that the Big 12 isn’t part of the alliance.

Hard to see them remaining as a Power 5 conference with that line-up, but equally hard seeing them losing the Cotton Bowl tie-in (or the NY6 dropping JerryWorld.)

On 9/9/2021 at 8:36 AM, Scscsc89 said:

It’s really interesting that the Big 12 isn’t part of the alliance.

Hard to see them remaining as a Power 5 conference with that line-up, but equally hard seeing them losing the Cotton Bowl tie-in (or the NY6 dropping JerryWorld.)

I am guessing everyone wants them to die, and it would be a bad look to be poaching a partner. I don't think anyone goes after their teams right now, but if they become a nuisance, any of the P4 leagues can knee cap them by taking a couple of their remaining members. 

Archived