Week 3

Scscsc89

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I can’t imagine anyone is watching Oregon/Stony Brook:

That laser focus we had last week unfortunately stayed behind in Columbus. We slopped through the first half with bad penalties and dumb mistakes, took a 17-7 halftime lead. Anthony Brown gets blown up on consecutive sacks to end the half, doesn’t appear to be on the sideline when the teams come back out. It’s true freshman Ty Thompson’s show for the remainder.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:09 PM, glduck said:

I thought it was a catch 🤔

I didn't think they could overturn it, but Utah deserved to lose, so whatever.

Utah's defense looks like they should be fine, Changing QB's sparked Utah's offense in the 4th quarter, and I am hoping that carries forward, but Brewer was far from the only issue with the Ute's offense. The line play has been bad, the receivers have dropped passes and not been able to get separation, and the play calling has been uninspired to say the least. I thought this may be one of Utah's best P12 teams, and it is looking like it may be the worst. Hoping they figure some things out.

Feel bad for Brewer, as he seemed broken, and by a lot of things beyond his control, but it looks like Rising will be the guy going forward. 

Hoping for the best, but not expecting much at this point. This looks like a 4th or 5th place south division team right now.

On 9/18/2021 at 10:24 PM, EastCoastFan said:

Look around.  Opportunity knocks as soon as the Pac-12 schedule begins for you.

We don't have a QB, we don't have an OLine, we don't have a defense that can stop the most fundamental running play in the game.  Next week we get to travel to Autzen and after Oregon gets done having their way with us I'll find it hard to believe that the players at that point won't have already quit.

Archived