Week 3

Scscsc89

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/16/2021 at 4:30 PM, Orange said:

You can subscribe to it on any cable package, just like ESPN or SEC network, dumbass.

Exactly my point, dumbass ....

The SEC Network, ACC Network, B1G Network - are all a part of my standard Dish Network channels. 

Just like A&E, ESPN2, ESPNU, CNN, HGTV, etc., these channels come with my basic package.  I don't have to "subscribe" to get these channels.  Because of their relationship with ESPN, FOX Sports, etc., these conference channels are always available to me, 24/7/365, as a part of my standard channel offerings.

But to get the PAC12 Network, I have to pay extra and "subscribe", as you say.  Who, outside of the PAC12 footprint, wants to pay extra and subscribe to the PAC12 Network?  Very, very, very, very few. 

And for a conference that says they don't get the national exposure that they desire, they are hurting themselves by not associating with a major spots network who can make the PAC12 Network a part of the basic cable/satellite package, without requiring an additional subscription.

All that being said, I contacted my Dish Network provider, and they don't offer a subscription to the PAC12 Network in my area, because of contract disagreements with the PAC12 Network.

Again - a lousy, arrogant and bad business decision by the PAC12 Conference leadership, to not partner with a major sports network provider.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, HLB said:

My picks:  Oregon State, Minnesota, USC, Cal, Arkansas State, SDSU, Oregon, Stanford, Arizona, BYU and in the upset of the week, Fresno State.

I missed two:  Washington finally woke up from the pandemic, and Arizona continues to impress with how bad they are.

And reality strikes for UCLA.

On 9/19/2021 at 1:31 AM, MrBug708 said:

Fuck the refs and fuck the defense

The LSU win was Fool's Gold.  LSU isn't a very good team this year, and will probably lose 5 or 6 games on the year.

Fresno pushed Oregon, in week one, and is actually a good team.  Not surprised at the outcome of this game.

On 9/16/2021 at 6:07 PM, utenation said:

The line is -9 for Utah. I think SDSU will play tough but no way we lose this game

Oops.  

This is why I don't pay attention to your CFB perspective.  This was not a hard game to predict.

I'll go ahead and save you some headaches:  USC, ASU, UCLA and Oregon - will all be losses.  Stanford, Wazzu and Colorado are 50/50.

I'm going to go with a 5-7 prediction for the Utes.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:58 PM, utenation said:

1. You have to have money.

2. He would have to ask his parents if they will get the channel for his basement.

3. He wouldn't be able to find the channel even if it was on his parent's package because he would be looking for the "P10 Network".

1.  If the PAC12 Network partnered with a major sports Network, like the SEC, ACC and B1G - no one would have to pay extra money to see their channel, as it would be a regular channel in the standard cable/satellite package.

2.  The only "kids" in their parent's basements are the lonely children who get on these threads and commentate, in real time, with their virtual friends, as games are being played, because they don't have real friends, or a life.

3.  I can't find the channel because my area cable/satellite provider doesn't offer the PAC12 Network, for subscription.

Archived