ESPN's Mark Schlabach

HLB

Here is an article from ESPN's Mark Schlabach, who points out the same the things I've been saying about the PAC12's OOC performance(s), and identifies BYU as a non-P5 program (a point I've made, but a point that others have argued against).

This shows that it's not just me, saying these things.  The PAC12's struggles in OOC play are their nemesis.  Only Oregon has a chance at making the playoffs.  My guess is that they won't go undefeated, because of two things:  (a) Ohio State's defense isn't very good, and tOSU will lose at least two more games, as they face Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan - while Rutgers and Maryland are not sure bets, and (b) Oregon's defense isn't much better than that of tOSU, and somewhere along the way, a PAC12 offense will expose this fact.

I still think USC will win the PAC12 Championship.

Although right now, BYU - even though they're not a conference member - is in first place in the PAC12 South.

All lost for Clemson, Notre Dame and the Pac-12? Here's your latest dose of reality after Week 3 (espn.com) 

These are facts:

The SEC is a better conference. 

Historically, the SEC plays more home games than any other conference.

The Pac-12 plays more road games than any other conference. 

The 9 game conference schedule guarantees another 6 losses for the conference. 

You can't make this shit up. Alabama has played 4 road games NINE times in the last 10 years. 41 road games in 10 years. Oregon has played FIFTY. You think that shit doesn't add up?  You think it doesn't impact preseason rankings? You think it doesn't impact the entire perception of both conferences? 

And while Oregon is at Utah in late November, Alabama is hosting New Mexico State. Wouldn't we all love a 2nd bye in November? 

Say the SEC does a better job or this or that, or has better fans, or whatever, but fucking keep it real. They have it on EZ MODE. 

Here's Alabama's 3rd week in November game the last few years:

NMSU

Chatanooga x2

Western Carolina x3

Citadel

Mercer

Charleston

Georgia Southern x2

The same weekend, every year, while the Pac-12 is going 6-6 in conference. 

The Pac-12 should be putting those MWC teams away with ease like the B1G would do with the MAC, the Big 12 would do with AAC, the SEC with the Sun Belt, and ACC with C-USA.  Fail to do that and ESPN & the rest of the country will take notice whether you like it or not.

That loss to Minnesota was so bad that there were a lot of CU fans including myself questioning their continued emotional investment into CU football.  That is something I didn't see after the FCS losses under Hawkins or the Embree years.  The CU fanbase has no collective interest in seeing CU football slide back to the Embree years.  Schlabach was right to call CU out for their offensive ineptide against Minnesota because it was beyond embarrassing.

That Arizona loss to Northern Arizona was even lower than what CU did.  CU struggled to beat Northern Colorado 35-7 earlier this season and NAU & UNC are basically on the same level in the Big Sky Conference with a nod towards NAU.  Funny thing is those two play this coming weekend in Greeley.

And @HLB, you might want to tone it down here after LSU lost at UCLA...can't be good for the SEC pride.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:18 PM, HLB said:

Only Oregon has a chance at making the playoffs.  My guess is that they won't go undefeated, because of two things:  (a) Ohio State's defense isn't very good, and tOSU will lose at least two more games, as they face Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan - while Rutgers and Maryland are not sure bets,

How is this even a "thing" when considering whether Oregon can go undefeated? Whether tOSU goes 11-1 or 8-4 has nothing to do with Oregon's season. If UM, MSU and PSU are all better than Ohio State, it still won't affect the outcome of say, "The Football Game Formerly Known as the Civil War." Your lack of ability to make a logical point is pretty stunning.

You keep wanting to diminish the Ducks win over tOSU, but it was what it was: a victory in the Horseshoe over a highly ranked team, and one of the biggest upsets of the season. That's not going to change.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:18 PM, HLB said:

Here is an article from ESPN's Mark Schlabach, who points out the same the things I've been saying about the PAC12's OOC performance(s), and identifies BYU as a non-P5 program (a point I've made, but a point that others have argued against).

This shows that it's not just me, saying these things.  The PAC12's struggles in OOC play are their nemesis.  Only Oregon has a chance at making the playoffs.  My guess is that they won't go undefeated, because of two things:  (a) Ohio State's defense isn't very good, and tOSU will lose at least two more games, as they face Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan - while Rutgers and Maryland are not sure bets, and (b) Oregon's defense isn't much better than that of tOSU, and somewhere along the way, a PAC12 offense will expose this fact.

I still think USC will win the PAC12 Championship.

Although right now, BYU - even though they're not a conference member - is in first place in the PAC12 South.

All lost for Clemson, Notre Dame and the Pac-12? Here's your latest dose of reality after Week 3 (espn.com) 

Who touched you inappropriately?  

Archived