Jump to content

Week 5


glduck
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/26/2021 at 10:18 PM, glduck said:

USC (2-2) @ Colorado (1-3)

Oregon (4-0) @ Stanford (2-2)

Washington State (1-3) @ Cal (1-3)

Washington (2-2) @ Oregon State (3-1)

Arizona State (3-1) @ UCLA (3-1)

I'll take the home team, across the board .... And why not?

(1)  USC is sucking wind, and Colorado has shown they have the ability to play well.  (2) Oregon is on the road for their first conference game, and hasn't exactly dominated teams at home, while Stanford has shown that they do have the capability to beat some teams.  I like Stanford's chances in this matchup.  (3) Cal and Washington State .... While I do think Wazzu has the better team (but not by much), there's no telling what to expect from these two teams, so why not go with the team that has homefield advantage.  (4) Oregon State is on a roll, and Washington is not.  Half of winning is believing you can win.  Oregon State is starting to believe they can win, while Washington is still trying to believe they can win.  (5) ASU and UCLA should be a good game.  Simply stated, I'm giving homefield advantage to UCLA, but in truth homefield advantage didn't help against Fresno State, and ASU is capable of winning this game.  But I'll stick with my pick of UCLA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 2:49 AM, HLB said:

I'll take the home team, across the board .... And why not?

(1)  USC is sucking wind, and Colorado has shown they have the ability to play well.  (2) Oregon is on the road for their first conference game, and hasn't exactly dominated teams at home, while Stanford has shown that they do have the capability to beat some teams.  I like Stanford's chances in this matchup.  (3) Cal and Washington State .... While I do think Wazzu has the better team (but not by much), there's no telling what to expect from these two teams, so why not go with the team that has homefield advantage.  (4) Oregon State is on a roll, and Washington is not.  Half of winning is believing you can win.  Oregon State is starting to believe they can win, while Washington is still trying to believe they can win.  (5) ASU and UCLA should be a good game.  Simply stated, I'm giving homefield advantage to UCLA, but in truth homefield advantage didn't help against Fresno State, and ASU is capable of winning this game.  But I'll stick with my pick of UCLA.

I’m not sure which cu team you are seeing.  They couldn’t score in a whore house with a fistful of dollars.  We have a young qb struggling behind an oline that has a new 5 every game.  Take sc and give the points all day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 11:32 AM, CRBuff said:

I’m not sure which cu team you are seeing.  They couldn’t score in a whore house with a fistful of dollars.  We have a young qb struggling behind an oline that has a new 5 every game.  Take sc and give the points all day.

Remember how Oregon State broke Mike MacIntyre?  They might have done it to USC for this season and maybe CU will finally beat USC this year.  This already has been a crazy season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 12:03 PM, Jalapeno said:

Remember how Oregon State broke Mike MacIntyre?  They might have done it to USC for this season and maybe CU will finally beat USC this year.  This already has been a crazy season.

USC has too much talent, and is probably too pissed after we beat them.  I smell a revenge win.

As usual, I'm fully capable of being wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 2:49 AM, HLB said:

I'll take the home team, across the board .... And why not?

(1)  USC is sucking wind, and Colorado has shown they have the ability to play well.  (2) Oregon is on the road for their first conference game, and hasn't exactly dominated teams at home, while Stanford has shown that they do have the capability to beat some teams.  I like Stanford's chances in this matchup.  (3) Cal and Washington State .... While I do think Wazzu has the better team (but not by much), there's no telling what to expect from these two teams, so why not go with the team that has homefield advantage.  (4) Oregon State is on a roll, and Washington is not.  Half of winning is believing you can win.  Oregon State is starting to believe they can win, while Washington is still trying to believe they can win.  (5) ASU and UCLA should be a good game.  Simply stated, I'm giving homefield advantage to UCLA, but in truth homefield advantage didn't help against Fresno State, and ASU is capable of winning this game.  But I'll stick with my pick of UCLA.

LOL. The guy that doesn't know how many teams are in the P12.  And reads box scores... You are brilliant bubba. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 3:41 PM, Orange said:

USC has too much talent, and is probably too pissed after we beat them.  I smell a revenge win.

As usual, I'm fully capable of being wrong.

You are not wrong about USC having too much talent and I don't think you would mind being wrong about USC beating CU this weekend. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 12:32 PM, CRBuff said:

I’m not sure which cu team you are seeing.  They couldn’t score in a whore house with a fistful of dollars.  We have a young qb struggling behind an oline that has a new 5 every game.  Take sc and give the points all day.

I'm not sure which SC team you're seeing.  They lost at home to Stanford and Oregon State.  With those home losses, why should I doubt Colorado's chances - a team that nearly beat Texas A&M?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 5:48 PM, utenation said:

LOL. The guy that doesn't know how many teams are in the P12.  And reads box scores... You are brilliant bubba. 

Says the guy who actually thinks Utah is a good football program, and the PAC12 is a strong conference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 10:48 PM, HLB said:

Says the guy who actually thinks Utah is a good football program, and the PAC12 is a strong conference.

Off, is the direction in which you can fuck.  I cannot imagine why you would want to post on a message board where literally everyone despises you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 9:47 AM, Orange said:

Off, is the direction in which you can fuck.  I cannot imagine why you would want to post on a message board where literally everyone despises you.

Not everyone.  And I only post my true thoughts.  It's not my problem if you can't accept another person's opinion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 11:46 PM, HLB said:

I'm not sure which SC team you're seeing.  They lost at home to Stanford and Oregon State.  With those home losses, why should I doubt Colorado's chances - a team that nearly beat Texas A&M?

A&M was wildly overrated……again.  That said, the cu offense is a real mess and not getting a lot better.  I know SC is not having a great year, but Id honestly be shocked if cu won.  It’s a get right game for sc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Stanford is a smart pick if the line is still -8. No way to tell if we’ll get the focused, creative Duck team we saw in Columbus, or the lackadaisical tub of mush we’ve been sporting the last two weeks. Anthony Brown isn’t very good (we mock DTR for the silly mistakes he makes as a 4th year senior, but my dude here is a 6th year senior and still can’t make basic proper reads) and nothing about his lack of consistency leads me to think we’ll be able to comfortably pull away from the Trees. And for no reason at all he got more rushing attempts last game than either Verdell or Dye, which slaps Cristobal’s entire coaching identity upside the head but is also apparently the reality we live in now. And then our defense has adopted a “give up a million yards a game and rely on multiple redzone turnovers” philosophy that has sort of worked (?!) but also doesn’t seem sustainable.

So yes, bet the Trees. Despite my ranting I do think we’re a good team, and can probably be a very good team, but we also seem like we could lose to absolutely anybody left on our schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a solid assessment. The thing I find amazing is that under Chip (and Helf too for awhile), the Ducks were the kings of the so-called "blur" offense, and now our defense gets caught flat-footed almost every time an opponent goes up tempo. I realize it's a totally different staff, but they must be aware that a lot of teams still play that style.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...