Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

I hate it but we NEED USC to be good. We are a better league when the Trojans are good.  

Oregon is fun and sell a lot of jerseys but USC is the only school in the league with the football legacy and opportunity to consistently be in the discussion. Oregon isn’t going to win a National Championship but USC could. 

I’m always amazed that USC, Washington and UCLA don’t win this league every year.  They have they talent pool, the name and the money. Huge underachievers! 

The only consistency is that Utah keeps fucking everything up as they always tend to be a top 3 team in our league. Why does this happen? They should be a bottom third team as they don’t have the same advantages. 

I want all the teams to be good but we need a dominant team or two in this league. 
Michigan/Ohio State, Alabama/Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson.  What do we have? 

On 11/28/2021 at 5:55 PM, Scorcho said:

seems like we had the same reaction when Chip was hired at UCLA. I'll wait and see.

I think Fickell or Aranda at USC would have been better hires

You're thinking wrong.

This is a better hire than Chip at UCLA

On 11/28/2021 at 7:08 PM, Pac12Fan said:

I hate it but we NEED USC to be good. We are a better league when the Trojans are good.  

Oregon is fun and sell a lot of jerseys but USC is the only school in the league with the football legacy and opportunity to consistently be in the discussion. Oregon isn’t going to win a National Championship but USC could. 

I’m always amazed that USC, Washington and UCLA don’t win this league every year.  They have they talent pool, the name and the money. Huge underachievers! 

The only consistency is that Utah keeps fucking everything up as they always tend to be a top 3 team in our league. Why does this happen? They should be a bottom third team as they don’t have the same advantages. 

I want all the teams to be good but we need a dominant team or two in this league. 
Michigan/Ohio State, Alabama/Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson.  What do we have? 

Jesus Christ, so if I understand your delusion rant, we need USC to be good, but god forbid Utah who has built a consistent program (not college playoff good but good enough to finish in the top 25 consistently), we can’t have that. 

Riley was not happy with OU joining the SEC.  He vocalized that fact.

At OU, he had one, maybe two games a year to contend with (Texas or Oklahoma State, and sometimes Kansas State or Baylor).

In the SEC he would have been in the West, and had to deal with BAMA, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss State and Texas every year.

In the PAC12, he can raise the program to the level of OU, and only have one, or two opponents to contend with.  It's an easier path, and he can win conference championships and make te playoffs, much, much, much easier than winning the SEC and making the playoffs.

With OU jumping to the SEC, USC was a more desirable destination, compared staying at OU or going to LSU, and having to compete in the SEC.

It's going to be interesting to see who OU is able to land.