Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

On 11/30/2021 at 6:55 PM, utenation said:

Just for shits and giggles, I looked up the average coaching lifespan for the NFL and CFB. NFL coaches on average last 4.35 years. CFB coaches last on average 3.8 years..

Which makes these high paid salaries even more interesting.  I have a feeling Mel Tucker is a fraud and MSU just sold the farm to keep him there.

BTW, the average coaching lifespan for NBA coaches in 2.6 years.. Yikes.  All these are high risk, high reward professions. Better not unpack your moving boxes.

They're desperate, everyone is desperate. We're in a period of massive change and programs are scared and making it worse. 

CU is looking for an offensive coordinator after having a bad year on that side of the ball.

I think Dorrell gets one more year as the HC but reality might mean the new CU HC doesn't come until 2024 due to the apathy of the CU administration and regents.  I'm seeing that there are CU fans real fed up right now that they have informed the CU AD that they will not be renewing their season tickets despite the Buffs averaging over 47K fans at 50K Folsom Field this year.  So perhaps one more year for KD.

Hopefully the new Buffs OC will lead CU to a berth in the Sun Bowl or even that ABQ bowl game next season before getting hired away somewhere.

On 12/1/2021 at 3:38 PM, Jalapeno said:

CU is looking for an offensive coordinator after having a bad year on that side of the ball.

I think Dorrell gets one more year as the HC but reality might mean the new CU HC doesn't come until 2024 due to the apathy of the CU administration and regents.  I'm seeing that there are CU fans real fed up right now that they have informed the CU AD that they will not be renewing their season tickets despite the Buffs averaging over 47K fans at 50K Folsom Field this year.  So perhaps one more year for KD.

Hopefully the new Buffs OC will lead CU to a berth in the Sun Bowl or even that ABQ bowl game next season before getting hired away somewhere.

CU is 47-90(34%) overall and 25-68(27%) in conference since they joined the P12.  Doesn't seem to matter what coach they bring in. Just more of the same.  Someone at CU clearly has their head up their ass and is pissing away a $90 million athletic budget. Hoops is decent but that doesn't pay the bills.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 4:13 PM, utenation said:

CU is 47-90(34%) overall and 25-68(27%) in conference since they joined the P12.  Doesn't seem to matter what coach they bring in. Just more of the same.  Someone at CU clearly has their head up their ass and is pissing away a $90 million athletic budget. Hoops is decent but that doesn't pay the bills.

That's the truth and sadly I just don't see that changing anytime soon.  I can't get myself to say that CU is going to win the Pac-12 next year. :lol: 

CU is the new Tennessee for sure.

New number floating around is $7 mil, which is more reasonable but also wouldn’t be enough to scare away Miami if these “Hurricanes want Mario and have zeroed in on him” rumors are true.

Rumors which, by the way, are *just awesome* to have leaked hours before a championship game. Kids these days, they don’t still use social media do they 

On 12/1/2021 at 4:38 PM, Jalapeno said:

Dan Mullen is available.  He would actually be a very strong hire for that position.

He’s out.

My prediction: We swing big initially, reaching out to Aranda and Sitake. We get each an extension with their current school. Jilted over losing two coaches to other schools within a 5 year period, and starting the process so late compared to other schools, we ultimately bring Wilcox home and try to sell the hire to fans on stability. “We have more resources than Cal” is uttered a lot on Twitter. Our current recruiting class is decimated, obviously, and several current  players jump into the portal. We are a non-factor in the North for a season or two, and the it’s anyone’s guess whether or not Wilcox can build a winner.

• Like 1