Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

On 12/12/2021 at 3:35 PM, Pac12Fan said:

It’s not a knock on Utah. Don’t offend so easily. 

Offend easily? Not a chance. You must have missed my follow up post where I also said I understood your point in general.  But the numbers don't support bottom 3rd in resources including recruits. All good.

On 12/16/2021 at 10:40 PM, MrBug708 said:

Oregon is hiring Tosh. Which is strange because he's dirty as hell, is being watched like a hawk as a result, and isn't a good positional coach.

What was dirty in 2013, is legal now with the new deals schools can help players get.  I know Chip is to busy to worrying about such things, but some schools and coaches are actually trying to help their players get paid.

I heard that one school down south has set up a deal that the pancake house is giving each OL $50K.

On 12/17/2021 at 1:47 PM, RogueDuck said:

What was dirty in 2013, is legal now with the new deals schools can help players get.  I know Chip is to busy to worrying about such things, but some schools and coaches are actually trying to help their players get paid.

I heard that one school down south has set up a deal that the pancake house is giving each OL $50K.

If your coach is trying to get your player paid, you don't quite understand how the NIL works. There are third parties for that. As for UCLA examples, since you brought it up, Nike's first NIL went to a UCLA athlete. One of the most successful NIL football icons is Chase Griffin and he's mostly donating his money to charity. Yes, teams are using it to buy players, that's fine, but some of these places , like in the south especially, need to pay kids to come there because there isnt any other reason to spend any considerable time there. Not sure the deal with the UCLA whatsboutism

In the end, Tosh is still just a shitty positional coach without a niche to make him desirable. That's why he went from Alabama DC to a DL coach under a first year college coach.

On 12/17/2021 at 3:47 PM, RogueDuck said:

Texas football's offensive linemen secure NIL deal, will get $50,000 annually to aid charitable causes (espn.com)

No pancake house involved in the deal which you are referring to.  Get your facts straight.

On 12/17/2021 at 4:19 PM, MrBug708 said:

If your coach is trying to get your player paid, you don't quite understand how the NIL works. There are third parties for that. As for UCLA examples, since you brought it up, Nike's first NIL went to a UCLA athlete. One of the most successful NIL football icons is Chase Griffin and he's mostly donating his money to charity. Yes, teams are using it to buy players, that's fine, but some of these places , like in the south especially, need to pay kids to come there because there isnt any other reason to spend any considerable time there. Not sure the deal with the UCLA whatsboutism

In the end, Tosh is still just a shitty positional coach without a niche to make him desirable. That's why he went from Alabama DC to a DL coach under a first year college coach.

What proof do you have that supports the statement you made about kids going to schools in the south because there isn't any other reason to spend any considerable time there?  And could you explain what you mean by that statement?

As for Tosh:  He was a DC in college.  He moved to a DL coach, in order to coach in the NFL - probably because he didn't want the responsibility and duty of being a DC at the NFL level.  That being said, it's not the "step down" that you make it out to be, given that he jumped from college to pro.

On 12/17/2021 at 5:39 PM, HLB said:

What proof do you have that supports the statement you made about kids going to schools in the south because there isn't any other reason to spend any considerable time there?  And could you explain what you mean by that statement?

As for Tosh:  He was a DC in college.  He moved to a DL coach, in order to coach in the NFL - probably because he didn't want the responsibility and duty of being a DC at the NFL level.  That being said, it's not the "step down" that you make it out to be, given that he jumped from college to pro.

He was relieved of playcalling duties at Alabama to a guy Saban plucked from UT-SA. He was never going to be a DC at the NFL level because of "responsibility and duty of DC". That is just fan fiction trying to romanticize a guy whose only skill was a bag man and is no longer unique in that aspect. Saban was going to let him go. Literally all of his coordinator's get head coaching jobs by simply showing up to work. If you can't make it work at Alabama, you can't make it work anywhere.

Could I explain? Sure. Am I going to? Nah, I'm good.

On 12/17/2021 at 5:33 PM, HLB said:

Texas football's offensive linemen secure NIL deal, will get $50,000 annually to aid charitable causes (espn.com)

No pancake house involved in the deal which you are referring to.  Get your facts straight.

Damn, you caught him. He mistook Pancake House and Pancake Factory on a story he didn't care to google.