No Playoffs this Year for Pac-12 Again

Pac12Fan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/6/2021 at 8:40 AM, Pac12Fan said:

Oregon still has a chance but there is no way in hell they beat Utah twice. It’s not going to happen. 

I think it can happen.  I would think that a 1-loss Oregon, playing Utah in the conference championship with a chance to go to the CFP, would be motivation enough to beat them a second time.

I watched Utah dismantle my Bruins and Stanford. Utah finally has a qb and he is playing better than any qb in our league. Their running game is finally coming around in a big way. I didn’t realize that most of Utah’s team are underclassmen. They are coming into their own. 

Utah plays Arizona and will have their starters out by halftime while Oregon still has a tougher game against WSU. 

Don’t be surprised to see the line go in Utah’s favor. This will be huge for both programs. If Utah wins, it will cost our league nearly $30 million in potential lost revenue. Utah will be playing against the Ducks and the refs. Lol. If Utah loses twice to the Ducks, they still go to the Rose Bowl and the league benefits financially.  What a dilemma!

On 11/9/2021 at 7:02 AM, Pac12Fan said:

Utah will be playing against the Ducks and the refs. Lol. If Utah loses twice to the Ducks, they still go to the Rose Bowl and the league benefits financially.  What a dilemma!

Shut the fuck up. Oregon has been getting pillaged by the refs all year. 

On 11/8/2021 at 6:22 PM, EastCoastFan said:

Undefeated Oregon?

I know they lost to Stanford.  I was thinking about their win over Ohio State and stated incorrectly.  Not the end of the world.

The point is, if they beat Utah once, they can beat them a second time, with the motivation of playing in the CFP.

On 11/10/2021 at 2:36 AM, HLB said:

I know they lost to Stanford.  I was thinking about their win over Ohio State and stated incorrectly.  Not the end of the world.

Actually, when you keep making errors that nobody who knew anything would ever make, it is the "end of the world."  At least in terms of credibility.

On 11/10/2021 at 12:44 PM, glduck said:

Not… not ideal that the committee has Michigan ahead of Michigan State a whopping 12 days after MSU beat them. Once tOSU’s strength of schedule catches up with our’s, I imagine our stay at #3 will be short lived.

Was always going to be the case.  tOSU & Alabama are the playoff committees love children and they'll pick and ignore whatever datapoints they need to in order to push them.  Oregon's role from the committees pov is schedule fluff for tOSU and a barrier to keep the riffraff (Cincy & to an extent Oklahoma) on the outside looking in.

On 11/10/2021 at 1:44 PM, glduck said:

Not… not ideal that the committee has Michigan ahead of Michigan State a whopping 12 days after MSU beat them. Once tOSU’s strength of schedule catches up with our’s, I imagine our stay at #3 will be short lived.

I mean...there's no way in hell the Ducks win out. So...

Archived