Pac12 Championship

Utefan1211

Best move by this conference was to get this game out of Santa Clara. 

Utah will have over 35,000 fans at this game. We have sold all our allotment and having a hard time finding tix on the Utah side. Interstate 15 will be painted red. 

It would be something to sell out all 68,000 seats. I’ve got my six for the game.

Hoping for another beat down of Oregon. I expect this game to be much closer. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully expect this game to be a battle, and if Utah comes out flat they will lose badly. I think the Utes will need more from the passing game than they got in the first game, The defense has been playing well, but Oregon did not really try to establish run in the last game, I expect them to try and push the run much more this time around, and how the Utes defense responds to that will likely determine the outcome.

On 11/29/2021 at 8:59 AM, Orange said:

I gotta take Oregon.  They get up for the meaningful games.  That certainly wasn't the Oregon team that played Utah in the Civil War.

hard to believe Oregon wasn't up for Utah a few weeks back, they were ranked #3 and were listed as a -7 underdog for that game? They had everything to play for.

On 11/29/2021 at 8:08 AM, Scorcho said:

hard to believe Oregon wasn't up for Utah a few weeks back, they were ranked #3 and were listed as a -7 underdog for that game? They had everything to play for.

A rivalry game is different.  So is a CCG.

On 11/29/2021 at 9:08 AM, Scorcho said:

I agree 100%. They were in the mix for a playoff spot.  There is no way they took this game lightly or overlooked the conference game of the year. Utah was just the better team this day and we had momentum and didn't look back. 

On 11/27/2021 at 10:19 PM, dtd said:

Cristobal sucks. The D sucks. The QB sucks. The special teams suck. Oregon sucks. Zero reason to think Oregon wins. 

It's gotta be tough going through life as a fan like this.

Yes, they beat a tOSU team they probably shouldn't have, which elevated them to a ranking they shouldn't have had.

Yes, they struggled past many opponents all season, and choked away a game against the Tree.

And yes, they got boat raced by Utah, particularly in the second quarter. But at 9-2, they clearly don't "suck." Only a totally entitled fan would think such a thing.

All that said, I think they're too beat up to win on Friday, which is just as well: a rematch with tOSU is not appealing to me.

On 11/29/2021 at 2:45 PM, Quack 12 said:

It's gotta be tough going through life as a fan like this.

Yes, they beat a tOSU team they probably shouldn't have, which elevated them to a ranking they shouldn't have had.

Yes, they struggled past many opponents all season, and choked away a game against the Tree.

And yes, they got boat raced by Utah, particularly in the second quarter. But at 9-2, they clearly don't "suck." Only a totally entitled fan would think such a thing.

All that said, I think they're too beat up to win on Friday, which is just as well: a rematch with tOSU is not appealing to me.

Now, if you can keep Mario in town. 

On 11/28/2021 at 3:23 PM, azgreg said:

That settles it then. Oregon by 14.

HLB was on a terrible run picking against the Utes. It was like 3-4 bad picks in a row. I forgot what games but I was telling him to keep picking against us.  He's turned it around the last 4-5 weeks with Utah.. I hope he's right this time.

One thing we can count on is his football knowledge really doesn't go past looking at who has the coolest uniform that week for his pick, so his picks are probably just overall hot garbage.

The dynamics of these repeat games played only a few weeks apart typically favor the team that lost the first round, even if it was a blowout, as long as the talent on either side isn't totally dominant.  On one hand there's a revenge factor, and on the other, even in a championship game, there's a level of over-confidence.  I expect a very close game deep into the fourth quarter.

On 11/29/2021 at 5:53 PM, utenation said:

HLB was on a terrible run picking against the Utes. It was like 3-4 bad picks in a row. I forgot what games but I was telling him to keep picking against us.  He's turned it around the last 4-5 weeks with Utah.. I hope he's right this time.

One thing we can count on is his football knowledge really doesn't go past looking at who has the coolest uniform that week for his pick, so his picks are probably just overall hot garbage.

For starters, Utah sucked at the start of the year.  And even the oddsmakers were picking against the Utes for a while.

That being said, I was picking against the Utes just to piss you off.  On other times, I picked all of the home teams, then all of the road teams the I went home team, away team, home team, etc.

Early on, I was picking games just to watch the reactions of people on these threads.  Later on, I was being genuine in my picks.

Where were your picks?  Interesting how you want to criticize others for their picks, yet you're not willing to make picks of your own.

That being said, Utah beat Oregon - badly - two weeks ago, simply because they are that much better.  And they will do it again this time.  My prediction:  Utah 38, Oregon 17.

Then it will be on to the Sugar Bowl for Utah, where they will lose 52-17, to Ohio State.

And I can't stand Ohio State.

In other CCGs:  Pitt over Wake Forrest, Michigan over Iowa, Georgia over BAMA and OK State over Baylor.

My upset of the week:  Houston over Cincy.

On a final note, don't expect me to pay rent for living in your head.  I'm only there because you put me there, and not by my own choosing.

Archived