Pac12 Championship

Utefan1211

On 11/29/2021 at 5:54 PM, EastCoastFan said:

The dynamics of these repeat games played only a few weeks apart typically favor the team that lost the first round, even if it was a blowout, as long as the talent on either side isn't totally dominant.  On one hand there's a revenge factor, and on the other, even in a championship game, there's a level of over-confidence.  I expect a very close game deep into the fourth quarter.

I expect another one-sided affair, with Utah repeating their prior performance over Oregon.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally think Oregon showed up amped and ready to go in Salt Lake, we just got punched in the mouth early and got rolled by a team playing better football than we were/are.

Utah has a big QB advantage. Brown is ok when teams let him throw at the LOS, like UCLA or Colorado, or if they have their DBs sit way back like OSU, but Utah made him actually play quarterback and you saw how the offense stalled out. Nothing will change Friday unless Brown proves he can routinely make throws he has shown all season that he can not routinely make. I am not hopeful a 6th year senior finally puts it all together in his second to last college game.

On 11/29/2021 at 10:25 PM, glduck said:

I totally think Oregon showed up amped and ready to go in Salt Lake, we just got punched in the mouth early and got rolled by a team playing better football than we were/are.

Utah has a big QB advantage. Brown is ok when teams let him throw at the LOS, like UCLA or Colorado, or if they have their DBs sit way back like OSU, but Utah made him actually play quarterback and you saw how the offense stalled out. Nothing will change Friday unless Brown proves he can routinely make throws he has shown all season that he can not routinely make. I am not hopeful a 6th year senior finally puts it all together in his second to last college game.

An analysis with some content.  Refreshing.  And appreciated.

On 11/29/2021 at 1:45 PM, Quack 12 said:

All that said, I think they're too beat up to win on Friday, which is just as well: a rematch with tOSU is not appealing to me.

I was actually thinking about this earlier. I think you’re right about a potential rematch in Pasadena (unless Iowa wins Saturday), but if we lose Friday? There’s a good chance we get Oklahoma in San Antonio in a game neither team wants to play. Blah.

(I’m not up to date on my bowl alignments… maybe Okie gets snatched up by a different bowl game and we get the Big 12 CG loser. Not sure)

On 11/29/2021 at 5:42 PM, HLB said:

For starters, Utah sucked at the start of the year.  And even the oddsmakers were picking against the Utes for a while.

That being said, I was picking against the Utes just to piss you off.  On other times, I picked all of the home teams, then all of the road teams the I went home team, away team, home team, etc.

Early on, I was picking games just to watch the reactions of people on these threads.  Later on, I was being genuine in my picks.

Where were your picks?  Interesting how you want to criticize others for their picks, yet you're not willing to make picks of your own.

That being said, Utah beat Oregon - badly - two weeks ago, simply because they are that much better.  And they will do it again this time.  My prediction:  Utah 38, Oregon 17.

Then it will be on to the Sugar Bowl for Utah, where they will lose 52-17, to Ohio State.

And I can't stand Ohio State.

In other CCGs:  Pitt over Wake Forrest, Michigan over Iowa, Georgia over BAMA and OK State over Baylor.

My upset of the week:  Houston over Cincy.

On a final note, don't expect me to pay rent for living in your head.  I'm only there because you put me there, and not by my own choosing.

This sure is a lot of hot air from a guy that doesn’t even realize the PAC expanded in 2011 to 12 teams.

I’m going to give you a big word to focus on for the rest of the week: “Summarize”.   Your 20 page novel posts are hard to read when you don’t even have a point. 

On 11/29/2021 at 5:42 PM, HLB said:

For starters, Utah sucked at the start of the year.  And even the oddsmakers were picking against the Utes for a while.

That being said, I was picking against the Utes just to piss you off.  On other times, I picked all of the home teams, then all of the road teams the I went home team, away team, home team, etc.

Early on, I was picking games just to watch the reactions of people on these threads.  Later on, I was being genuine in my picks.

Where were your picks?  Interesting how you want to criticize others for their picks, yet you're not willing to make picks of your own.

That being said, Utah beat Oregon - badly - two weeks ago, simply because they are that much better.  And they will do it again this time.  My prediction:  Utah 38, Oregon 17.

Then it will be on to the Sugar Bowl for Utah, where they will lose 52-17, to Ohio State.

And I can't stand Ohio State.

In other CCGs:  Pitt over Wake Forrest, Michigan over Iowa, Georgia over BAMA and OK State over Baylor.

My upset of the week:  Houston over Cincy.

On a final note, don't expect me to pay rent for living in your head.  I'm only there because you put me there, and not by my own choosing.

Is this guy really this dumb, or just trolling this hard?

He has the Pac 10 champ losing in the Sugar Bowl to tOSU. That's a take any knowledgeable fan would have, right?

On 11/30/2021 at 10:47 AM, Scscsc89 said:

USC @ Cal Saturday night at 8pm.

sports are dumb.

Would have been interesting if Cal or USC were in the hunt for a division title.  The CCG is always on Friday as per contract and Bowl selection is this weekend.. The logistics would have been interesting.  

On 11/30/2021 at 12:42 AM, utenation said:

This sure is a lot of hot air from a guy that doesn’t even realize the PAC expanded in 2011 to 12 teams.

I’m going to give you a big word to focus on for the rest of the week: “Summarize”.   Your 20 page novel posts are hard to read when you don’t even have a point. 

The hot air comes from someone like you who doesn't realize that the PAC12 is not even close to being on the same level as any of the other P5 conferences.  And it's laughable at how grown men come to this site to comment about a game, in real time, as it is being played on TV.

As for my points: (1) Utah will win the CCG, and (2) you fell for my picks, as actual picks, when I was randomly picking on the basis of stupid things - like cho0sing all of the home teams (for example).  And my last point (3) is you seem to be obsessed with me, as if I'm living in your head.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:04 AM, Mano said:

Is this guy really this dumb, or just trolling this hard?

He has the Pac 10 champ losing in the Sugar Bowl to tOSU. That's a take any knowledgeable fan would have, right?

You're right.  I didn't realize I wrote Sugar Bowl.  We all know that the PAC12 isn't good enough to play in the Sugar Bowl.  How silly of me.

So let me correct myself:  The Fiesta Bowl.  The Pac10 champ will lose to tOSU in the Fiesta Bowl.

On 11/30/2021 at 11:47 AM, Scscsc89 said:

USC @ Cal Saturday night at 8pm.

sports are dumb.

Absolutely.

What's even more stupid is playing the PAC12 Championship on Friday night, thinking that they will draw a large viewing audience as the only P5 CCG being played.  In reality, people won't tune in on Friday nights.

The PAC12 would get more viewers, for their CCG, if USC v. Cal played on Friday night, and Utah v. Oregon played on Saturday night.

On 11/30/2021 at 6:26 PM, HLB said:

You're right.  I didn't realize I wrote Sugar Bowl.  We all know that the PAC12 isn't good enough to play in the Sugar Bowl.  How silly of me.

So let me correct myself:  The Fiesta Bowl.  The Pac10 champ will lose to tOSU in the Fiesta Bowl.

Ute's have been to the Sugar Bowl, team they played wasn't much of a challenge.

On 11/30/2021 at 5:32 PM, HLB said:

Absolutely.

What's even more stupid is playing the PAC12 Championship on Friday night, thinking that they will draw a large viewing audience as the only P5 CCG being played.  In reality, people won't tune in on Friday nights.

The PAC12 would get more viewers, for their CCG, if USC v. Cal played on Friday night, and Utah v. Oregon played on Saturday night.

There is viewership data readily available from past seasons that wholly contradict this. You should have looked it up instead of, you know, making random shit up.

On 11/30/2021 at 6:26 PM, HLB said:

LOL.  You don't even know how many teams are in the P10 and what bowl ties we have. Like I said, I can't wait for your book to come out..  You should really just stop embarrassing yourself.

On 11/30/2021 at 6:32 PM, HLB said:

Absolutely.

You really should do more research.  Last time we played Oregon, we were competing with the rest of the games on Saturday, we kicked ass on ratings. 

https://kslsports.com/473288/utah-oregon-game-brought-in-impressive-television-ratings/

I'm curious, where do you get your data?

And like GL said, you might want to look at the ratings of previous P12(oops, I mean P10) title games on Friday.

pac-12 championship ratings trend

On 11/30/2021 at 5:26 PM, HLB said:

Dude, the Pac-12 champion will play in the Rose Bowl. Period. End of story.

Wake the hell up.

On 12/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, Orange said:

lol, 2nd worst ratings over past 10 years was a USC game; @HLB claims USC is a ratings bonanza.

This is your brain on drugs.  The bad kind of drugs. 

Google has been around for years. I hear it's very easy to use for stats and facts.. You'd figure @HLB with all his PHD's, Nobel Prize(s) and Pulitzer(s), he could navigate a search engine site that a 4 year old can handle.

I've said it before HLB's credibility would go up 70% instantly if @Quack 12 was his editor. There wouldn't be any shortage of work either.

Archived