Rose Bowl

HLB

Congratulations to Utah, for their first PAC12 Championship, and a trip to the Rose Bowl.  My guess is that they will play Ohio State - a team that is much improved from when they played Oregon (a team that declined after their win over Ohio State, and over the course of the season, because of injuries, etc.).

If indeed they are playing Ohio State, my prediction is that Ohio State will win easily. 

But I hope I'm wrong.  I always pull for whoever is playing Ohio State.

My predicted score:  Ohio State 38, Utah 20.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After careful research, I have come to the conclusion that the correct bowl will be the Peach Bowl.  Or Orange Bowl.  Although the Cotton Bowl seems to be the front runner.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.  Ohio State will beat Utah decisively, in any bowl, on any day, at any time.

On 12/4/2021 at 9:02 PM, Jalapeno said:

Go Utes...Ohio State is one of my most despised teams out there and I enjoyed last weekend's Michigan win.

I can't stand Ohio State.  I want them to lose every game, no matter who they are playing.

I just purchased our tix. There should be a donation slip with these tickets. I bent over big time. $410 each ticket and $47 in fees. I feel hollow.

Utah will represent big time. Seeing charter planes and busses are being advertised. 

31 yard line and 50 rows back. That puts me about 100 yards away from the action. It’s the worst stadium (for watching games) in the country. Hoping Rose Bowl eventually moves to new stadium. 

Utes have come a long way in their 11 years in this league. Many told us Utah would perennially be at the bottom of the standings, yet they have now won the South 3 of the past 4 years and are the first team from the South other than USC going to the Rose Bowl this millennium.  

Mark Harlan (AD) was on the radio today and said there will be over 60,000 Utah fans attending the Rose Bowl. This is what happened when we went to the Fiesta Bowl. This will be Rice Eccles South.  It will be extremely loud and one sided for Utah as it appears Ohio State isn’t as excited to be playing in this game. NC or bust is their mantra. How would it be?  Utah is playing everyone and it sounds like some of OSU’s starters won’t be playing to not risk injury. OSU may get their ass whooped. 

Utah’s big goal in becoming part of this conference was to win the Rose Bowl. 

On 12/14/2021 at 7:04 AM, Utefan1211 said:

Mark Harlan (AD) was on the radio today and said there will be over 60,000 Utah fans attending the Rose Bowl. This is what happened when we went to the Fiesta Bowl. This will be Rice Eccles South.  It will be extremely loud and one sided for Utah as it appears Ohio State isn’t as excited to be playing in this game. NC or bust is their mantra. How would it be?  Utah is playing everyone and it sounds like some of OSU’s starters won’t be playing to not risk injury. OSU may get their ass whooped. 

Utah’s big goal in becoming part of this conference was to win the Rose Bowl. 

60,000 fans is impressive. That’s more than we sell for our home games. Lol. 

I have the option to purchase 2 tix today. $529 each but includes Rose parade. What a bargain. Lol. 

most of us have looked at how many times Arizona St or other PAC12 programs have been to the Rose Bowl and recognize how rare an event it can be for most PAC12 schools. Time to charge up those credit cards because you might not get back for another 25 years

On 12/14/2021 at 10:24 AM, Scorcho said:

most of us have looked at how many times Arizona St or other PAC12 programs have been to the Rose Bowl and recognize how rare an event it can be for most PAC12 schools. Time to charge up those credit cards because you might not get back for another 25 years

What is your credit card number? You owe me a Christmas gift anyways.

On 12/14/2021 at 10:24 AM, Mano said:

I am sad that I have other commitments such that I cannot attend the Rose Bowl this year, and I had to sell my tickets. I went to the Pac 12 CCG, and it was a blast. Hoping the Utes can get back next year so I can attend. 

I know you hate that.  Hope you get the win and are watching from wherever.

On 12/14/2021 at 7:04 AM, Utefan1211 said:

OSU may get their ass whooped. 

The line hasn't moved from +6.5 for Utah. Even if OSU isn't highly motivated, this is our chance. KW may be the best on the planet at getting troops fired up as an underdog. We have to bring the A game. Anything less, I see a loss. 

Ohio State typically travels very well. I doubt they'll bring out 60K, but it will be tough to tell who's a fan of whom anyway. 😄

Perhaps I'm only justifying the collapse of my alma mater, which HLB was kind enough to review, but I think Utah is on - for lack of less Mormon term - a mission.

I'm not sure tOSU has any idea what they're up against from an emotional/motivational perspective. As @utenation pointed out, Willingham has done it before, more than once,

On 12/14/2021 at 9:58 PM, Quack 12 said:

Ohio State typically travels very well. I doubt they'll bring out 60K, but it will be tough to tell who's a fan of whom anyway. 😄

Perhaps I'm only justifying the collapse of my alma mater, which HLB was kind enough to review, but I think Utah is on - for lack of less Mormon term - a mission.

I'm not sure tOSU has any idea what they're up against from an emotional/motivational perspective. As @utenation pointed out, Willingham has done it before, more than once,

This is not Utah's coach:

aHR0cHM6Ly91bmQuY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBs

Archived