Bowl Games: A Thread

glduck

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good matchups ....

USU vs. Oregon State is compelling.  I like the Beavers to win.

Oregon v. Oklahoma:  Oregon has fallen, as the year progressed.  I think OU wins this one comfortably.

Wisconsin vs. ASU:  I think Wisky is a little too physical and will ground out a win.

Wazzu vs. Miami: I'll take Wazzu.  Miami's program is a mess.

UCLA vs. NC State:  This game could go either way.  I'll go with UCLA.

Utah v. Ohio State:  I loathe Ohio State and would like anyone who plays them to beat them.  That being said, too much offensive fire power for Utah to overcome.  I think Ohio State wins, but I'll be pulling for Utah.

I can’t see Oregon beating Okie. Thibs won’t play, we probably won’t have a coach, and Bob Stoops is at home right now masterbating furiously at the thought of running up the score on us.

Everything else is winnable. That’s not the same as saying we’ll win the rest, because history has shown that’s not going to happen. But there are a lot of winnable matchups.

Ohio State has too much firepower? Sure… in the same way they had too much firepower for Oregon. Or Michigan. This is not a physical tOSU team, and that’s how they lost a pair of games despite having more “firepower” than anyone else. I can give two very recent examples of Utah being *much* more physical than Oregon, and we were too much for the Buckeyes. Utah can absolutely win. They are very good at what Ohio State is not good at.

Fresh-faced optimism:  I think we have a good shot at 4-2 (ASU and OSU both losing).

Reality: We'll go 1-5, with our lone win being Wazzu or something. 

Bowl season is, almost without exception, terrible.  My hopes are bedrock low.

• 2 weeks later...

Reaction of some Pac-12 fan-bases when (or in some cases, if,) good football things (like a bowl, or a division or conference championship) happen:

• UCLA -- We're building something, but we never should have lost a couple of those games.  The damn Pac-12 refs.
  • Cal -- This is unusual ... does anyone here know how to get bowl tickets?  None of us have ever gone...
  • Arizona -- We can't make it to the bowl, the schedule won't allow it.  The basketball team plays at Tennessee that week.
  • WSU -- Yes!  We showed them!  We don't let anybody push us around.
  • USC -- Winning the conference isn't all that important.  We're after bigger things.  We deserve them.
  • Colorado -- What just happened?  This can't be real.  It's an illusion -- we're the  21st century University of Chicago.
  • Oregon -- You should see our recruiting class.  If the coach doesn't screw it up next year, we'll be in the playoff.
  • Utah -- We told you so (in a voice with surprising smugness.)  We've always been good.
  • Oregon State -- I don't care what bowl we're going to.  We're all going to head there and party in the sunshine.
  • Washington -- We have the resources.  The money.  The facilities.  We should have done better.  Much better.
  • Stanford -- This team is good.  They're a nice diversion.  A bunch of us might skip watching water polo this week.
  • ASU -- We had a good season.  But just imagine what Frank Kush could have done with that talent.

On 12/6/2021 at 9:58 AM, Orange said:

Fresh-faced optimism:  I think we have a good shot at 4-2 (ASU and OSU both losing).

Reality: We'll go 1-5, with our lone win being Wazzu or something. 

Bowl season is, almost without exception, terrible.  My hopes are bedrock low.

2-4, at best.

On 12/18/2021 at 8:34 PM, HLB said:

I thought Oregon State would beat Utah State.  I guess the PAC12's only hope for a bowl win, this year, is going to depend on Wazzu beating Miami.

Seriously, did everyone on SEC forums kick you off because you're so fucking obnoxious?

On 12/21/2021 at 11:53 AM, Orange said:

Seriously, did everyone on SEC forums kick you off because you're so fucking obnoxious?

I'm sure it was the other way around. HLB was probably frustrated with the lack of intelligence that wasn't on his level, nobody respected his weekly picks and inside info.. So we are blessed with his hot takes on the P10 board.

On 12/21/2021 at 12:53 PM, Orange said:

You predicted 2-4 in the PAC12 bowl season, and so did I.  Oregon State was one of the wins I thought the PAC12 would get.  So, what's your problem.

On 12/21/2021 at 3:53 PM, utenation said:

I'm sure it was the other way around. HLB was probably frustrated with the lack of intelligence that wasn't on his level, nobody respected his weekly picks and inside info.. So we are blessed with his hot takes on the P10 board.

Actually, other threads had people who were more intelligent.  So, I came here, where I didn't have to face such obstacles.

Archived