Bowl Games: A Thread

glduck

On 12/30/2021 at 12:33 PM, utenation said:

We really need a win tonight. I just don't know what to expect from ASU.. WSU is the only remaining team favored. The line on Utah/OSU went from -6.5 to -4. Probably due to 4 of their best players opting out..

Those games went as expected.  Utah's game should go as expected, too (despite four key players opting out).

If you're betting, lay the points and take OSU.  This will be a comfortable, double-digit win for tOSU.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/31/2021 at 4:48 PM, utenation said:

All season, national critics and outside fans have belittled our conference. Looks like they were right.

Oklahoma, Ohio State are top 15 teams. Utah losing to a good Ohio State team wouldn't be surprising.  Oregon basically had had half their team not playing and reeling after Utah loses and Mario packing his bags..

But Utah State, Wisky and certainly Central Fucking Michigan were winnable games.  Pathetic showing for the conference.  I think UCLA had a good chance to beat NC State too.

1.)  So, you're finally seeing what everyone else in the country is seeing - AND that I was right.

2.)  OU and OK are top 10 teams.

3.)  "Utah losing to a good Ohio State team wouldn't be surprising".  Last week people on these threads were talk about Ohio State not realizing what they're walking into, when they play Utah.  Now you're saying it wouldn't be surprising to see Utah lose .... Here's the deal:  Utah is going to lose, and it won't be that close.  Sorry.  I'm just trying to be honest.

4.)  Quit making excuses for Oregon.  They weren't going to win that game, whether they had players out, or not.  And no one is "reeling" after two loses to UTAH and because Mario left.

5.)  I would have thought tOSU would have won, but then again, I hadn't seen Utah State play.  Watching the game, it was clear to me who the better team was - and that team won .... ASU played Wisky well, but Wisky is the better team.  If anything, I'm surprised that the score was as close as it was .... Wazzu - I felt better about their chances of beating Miami than I did CMU.  Not surprised by this loss.

Add these bowl game losses to the regular season OOC losses, and you should be able to see that the PAC12 doesn't do well when they step out of conference, whether its P5, G5 or FCS opponents.  It's an annual trend, and it's keeping the PAC12 from viewed as a formidable conference, compared to other conferences.

5.)  

On 12/30/2021 at 11:15 PM, Scorcho said:

Other than a surprising win vs Oregon in 2019 Herm Edwards and Jayden Daniels have continued to underwhelm. I can’t believe both are coming back next year.

What PAC12 coaches have overwhelmed?

On 12/31/2021 at 7:29 PM, glduck said:

The talent gap between Georgia and Michigan looks wider than it was for Alabama and Cincinnati.

BAMA didn't play well.  Bryce Young's worst game of the season.  They didn't seem highly motivated, and they were without 3 starters in the secondary.

That being said, they played poorly and still won by three scores.  Statistically, it was a one-sided affair.

Dipshit masturbaing on our board again and showing he doesn't know college football at all. Referring to Oregon State as tOSU when he is trying to show how knowledgeable he is about college football is just precious. Wonder who he thinks OU and OK are.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:17 PM, HLB said:

1.)  So, you're finally seeing what everyone else in the country is seeing - AND that I was right.

3.)  "Utah losing to a good Ohio State team wouldn't be surprising".  Last week people on these threads were talk about Ohio State not realizing what they're walking into, when they play Utah.  Now you're saying it wouldn't be surprising to see Utah lose .... Here's the deal:  Utah is going to lose, and it won't be that close.  Sorry.  I'm just trying to be honest.

4.)  Quit making excuses for Oregon.  They weren't going to win that game, whether they had players out, or not.  And no one is "reeling" after two loses to UTAH and because Mario left.

5.)  I would have thought tOSU would have won, but then again, I hadn't seen Utah State play.  Watching the game, it was clear to me who the better team was - and that team won .... ASU played Wisky well, but Wisky is the better team.  If anything, I'm surprised that the score was as close as it was .... Wazzu - I felt better about their chances of beating Miami than I did CMU.  Not surprised by this loss.

Add these bowl game losses to the regular season OOC losses, and you should be able to see that the PAC12 doesn't do well when they step out of conference, whether its P5, G5 or FCS opponents.  It's an annual trend, and it's keeping the PAC12 from viewed as a formidable conference, compared to other conferences.

5.)  

Right on cue. We were saying the other day, you would stay in hiding until the SEC won some bowl games and the P12 looked bad.

Btw, as far as any Utah comments, you might want to address the folks who said that. I certainly didn't say that.  

With all the bowl games going on, it's surprising that you aren't at the games since you are a top shelf sports writer.. 

Yet, here you are on a P12 message board with 15 fans educating us. You'd think you'd be all over the SEC boards with recent success.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:44 PM, Mano said:

Dipshit masturbaing on our board again and showing he doesn't know college football at all. Referring to Oregon State as tOSU when he is trying to show how knowledgeable he is about college football is just precious. Wonder who he thinks OU and OK are.

My guess is simple oversights again. Everyone makes these mistakes.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:17 PM, HLB said:

5.)  

sir this is a Wendy’s 

Archived