2022 Portal

Scscsc89

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JDL is talented but really needs to improve his accuracy, decision making, reading defenses and poise.  Still really raw.  I was never comfortable with him.  But to be fair, I didn’t like the whole run and shoot scheme.  Glad to see us moving back toward a more balanced Air Raid.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:05 PM, PAC MAN said:

Smart thing for Rice to get out after the Buffs hired that run heavy OC from Minnesota.  He'll be good for a season then tank in year two.

To an extent.  It’s not like they will be running the wishbone.  I would be more concerned over the lack of qb development, but that may get better with a new staff.  Almost literally can’t get worse.

On 1/13/2022 at 3:09 PM, MrBug708 said:

Karl Dorrell is the worse PAC-12 hire since Jon Embree. Special call-out to Kevin Sumlin

I still, even with everything going on, would say that’s a bit early.  CU has much deeper problems.  It’s hard to succeed here unfortunately.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:58 PM, Scscsc89 said:

former 5-star USC WR Bru McCoy is in.

of course, he was also accused of (but not charged with) domestic battery of an intimate partner, so there’s that.

Man, talking about throwing away opportunities.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:23 PM, azgreg said:

He also hardly saw the field right?

He had a good (Covid-shortened) season last year — he was going into 2021 with big expectations as the Trojans #2 guy, taking some pressure off Drake London.

not to be

Several of our running backs have entered the portal the last few weeks, not sure if the position coach hire was a disaster or what. Lanning has pulled back Seven and Dollars, hoping he can do the same with Dye. I thought initially he was a token scholarship who came here because his brother was so good, but he’s really developed into a talented all-purpose back. Wherever he lands, he’ll produce.

Archived