2022 Portal

Scscsc89

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/2/2022 at 12:41 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Quite the admission …

It was, I was surprised at the honesty when I was listening.  I’m not sure anyone saw the mass exodus coming (nationally).  None of these kids were recruited by this staff, and they were pretty bad last year.  Turnover was coming.  In a lot of cases probably for the best.

On 2/3/2022 at 2:04 PM, Scscsc89 said:

I'm interested in hearing how people think he should have addressed this.  Better for him not to say anything?

Sorry, that was a joke.  I would have done exactly the same thing.  I don’t blame sc even a little.  Those are the rules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Two scholarship rules are in the news (although not necessarily new):

* This year & next, the NCAA is removing the class limit of 25 + up to 7 transfer replacements.  You can sign as many as you want as long as you stay under the overall max (85?) scholarship players.

* When a new coach joins a program, he can indeed “cut” players he doesn’t want, even though they have been promised 4-year full rides.  The school can move them to non-athletic scholarships and they can continue their education.   I’ve got to believe that this was more interesting before the transfer portal, but I guess it might help for a player that is injured.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived