2022 Football Schedules

Scscsc89

• Scscsc89 changed the title to 2022 Football Schedules

Oh good, I love playing Fresno, in Fresno, where Fresneckians live.  And for some goddamned reason it is 1913 and we're playing a game in Portland.  

Sept. 3 – Boise State

Sept. 10 – at Fresno State

Sept. 17 – vs. Montana State (Portland)

Sept. 24 – USC

Oct. 1 – at Utah

Oct. 8 – at Stanford

Oct. 15 – Washington State

Oct. 22 – Colorado

Oct. 29 – BYE WEEK

Nov. 5 – at Washington

Nov. 12 – California

Nov. 19 – at Arizona State

Nov. 25 – Oregon (Friday)

Looking at the PAC12 football schedule, and here some takes on the OCC schedule:

1.  The PAC12 will face 11 P5 OOC opponents, and only win 1 (Utah over a floundering Florida program, who could still win).

2.  BYU will go undefeated against the PAC12, again.

3.  Best case scenario, the PAC12 goes 19-16 in OOC play.  However, someone in the conference always loses to an FCS opponent, and a couple of G5 opponents pull off a win.

So again, the PAC12's OOC performance will greatly impact their chances of having a team represent them in the 2022 CFP. 

With all the talk of the PAC12 "manning up" and playing 9 conference games (compared to other conferences), the truth - as the numbers reflect, over recent years - show that playing an additional conference game has helped the PAC12, while adding another OOC opponent would be detrimental.  PAC12 teams stands a greater chance of sustaining another loss by playing an OOC opponent (on any level) than by adding another PAC12 opponent.

Utah is my favorite to win the PAC12.  They should run the table in conference play.  Losing to Florida wouldn't hurt their chances of making the CFP.  Losing to SDSU, would hurt their chances of making the CFP.  Losing to both Florida and SDSU would definitely keep them out.

On 12/17/2021 at 5:26 PM, HLB said:

Looking at the PAC12 football schedule, and here some takes on the OCC schedule:

1.  The PAC12 will face 11 P5 OOC opponents, and only win 1 (Utah over a floundering Florida program, who could still win).

2.  BYU will go undefeated against the PAC12, again.

3.  Best case scenario, the PAC12 goes 19-16 in OOC play.  However, someone in the conference always loses to an FCS opponent, and a couple of G5 opponents pull off a win.

So again, the PAC12's OOC performance will greatly impact their chances of having a team represent them in the 2022 CFP. 

With all the talk of the PAC12 "manning up" and playing 9 conference games (compared to other conferences), the truth - as the numbers reflect, over recent years - show that playing an additional conference game has helped the PAC12, while adding another OOC opponent would be detrimental.  PAC12 teams stands a greater chance of sustaining another loss by playing an OOC opponent (on any level) than by adding another PAC12 opponent.

Utah is my favorite to win the PAC12.  They should run the table in conference play.  Losing to Florida wouldn't hurt their chances of making the CFP.  Losing to SDSU, would hurt their chances of making the CFP.  Losing to both Florida and SDSU would definitely keep them out.

You’re basically jalapeño lite.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You can very well mark your CU game as a win.

It seems more CU fans are not renewing their season tickets and the stuff we are hearing out of spring football in Boulder isn't good.  If you thought the 2012 team was bad (the one that narrowly missed out on a winless season by winning at WSU that year), the 2022 team could be even worse.  This is the lowest state I have seen and felt from CU since I started back in late 1989.

I'm taking a break from CU football this year and yes 0-12 seems likely.

On 4/11/2022 at 4:23 PM, PAC MAN said:

You can very well mark your CU game as a win.

It seems more CU fans are not renewing their season tickets and the stuff we are hearing out of spring football in Boulder isn't good.  If you thought the 2012 team was bad (the one that narrowly missed out on a winless season by winning at WSU that year), the 2022 team could be even worse.  This is the lowest state I have seen and felt from CU since I started back in late 1989.

I'm taking a break from CU football this year and yes 0-12 seems likely.

Sup, Jalapeno.

Archived