Fans Get Screwed

Pac12Fan

I feel bad for the 20,000+ NC State fans that spent a lot of money coming out to the Holiday Bowl only to have UCLA pull out. 

Holiday Bowl is only refunding 80% of ticket fees from what I’m hearing. I was excited to see the game at Petco Park. 

The best players are not playing in bowls, teams cancelling, etc. Fans get screwed a lot  

I predict that the Rose Bowl game is cancelled by state officials. I’m from Cali but moved 3 of my businesses and family out because this state sucks. 

I’m a little drunk across from the stadium. I bought a round for a big group from NC State. I’ll probably regret this post tomorrow. #dontpostwhiledrunk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/28/2021 at 10:03 PM, MrBug708 said:

Big risk traveling during the holidays and the pandemic. Hopefully they bought the travel insurance. But in the end, they are are stuck in San Diego, not Mississippi.

Travel insurance for the game? I nelieve the insurance would cover flights, hotels and rental car only. 

On 12/28/2021 at 9:50 PM, Pac12Fan said:

I predict that the Rose Bowl game is cancelled by state officials. I’m from Cali but moved 3 of my businesses and family out because this state sucks. 

I hope your prediction is wrong. It’s been a rumor for a few days. I believe it will be played. 

On 12/28/2021 at 8:50 PM, Pac12Fan said:

I feel bad for the 20,000+ NC State fans that spent a lot of money coming out to the Holiday Bowl only to have UCLA pull out. 

Holiday Bowl is only refunding 80% of ticket fees from what I’m hearing. I was excited to see the game at Petco Park. 

The best players are not playing in bowls, teams cancelling, etc. Fans get screwed a lot  

I’m a little drunk across from the stadium. I bought a round for a big group from NC State. I’ll probably regret this post tomorrow. #dontpostwhiledrunk

Yeah, you've only said this 10,000 times.  Hope you're enjoying the shitty power grid in TX.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:30 AM, Orange said:

Yeah, you've only said this 10,000 times.  Hope you're enjoying the shitty power grid in TX.

Honestly, I’ve heard so little about it. It hasn’t affected me or my businesses.  Sounds like made up propaganda. I believe California has worse power grids than Texas and it isn’t even close. 

As I’ve only posted about 750 times over the multiple years I’ve been on this board, I’m quite certain I haven’t said “this” 10,000 times. I actually work for a living and spend very little time on social media. I see that you still get joy from being an asshole and misery loves company. We may be the only people that communicate with you. 

I have spoken to multiple friends on this board in person (at games) that support leaving California. It’s a matter of time until all the sane ones leave.

Orange,  I just want you to know we are moving our last shop out of Carson, CA and moving it into Ogden, Utah and building another just outside of Omaha. 27 of my 29 employees are ecstatic to move to Utah, Texas and Nebraska. #leavingcalifornia

Love that freedom that comes from Capitalism.  Can’t wait to see Trump back in office soon. 

Happy New Year Orange. 

On 12/29/2021 at 2:52 PM, Pac12Fan said:

Orange,  I just want you to know we are moving our last shop out of Carson, CA and moving it into Ogden, Utah and building another just outside of Omaha. 27 of my 29 employees are ecstatic to move to Utah, Texas and Nebraska. #leavingcalifornia

Nice. Are you moving to Utah as well? You get better bang for your buck in Ogden on real estate compared to the Salt Lake Valley or even places just north of Salt Lake like Bountiful and Layton..  Coming from Cali, it will seem very inexpensive. I welcome transplants and new business here.  We need more diversity in Utah.

NC State Coach is pissed:

"Felt lied to, to be honest,” Doeren told reporters at the team hotel. “We felt like UCLA probably knew something was going on, didn’t tell anybody on our side. We had no clue they were up against that. I don’t feel like it was very well handled from their university. It would have been great to have had a heads-up so two or three days ago we could have found a Plan B. Disappointing.”

UCLA AD responded saying as of Tuesday morning before the tests, they were good..  

The bowls that were able to get back up plans were lucky. Logistics nightmare to get another team there on such short notice. 

How many millions were lost or wasted on travel, hotels, time off from work, no payouts, beer sales, loss of TV revenue, potential recruiting etc..?

Three thoughts. First - NC State doesnt release injury/COVID status until day of. So not sure the issue there since we were essentially acting like NC State is. Second, UCLA absolutely knew something was up, there were reports about players with COVID issue and were going to miss the games. Maybe we should kick in for a 247 membership? That might help their scouting. Third they wanted a plan B, that's great. Did they want to see if USC was available to play in case UCLA had to pull out day of? The other bowls were able to pivot because they happened earlier. There are less games to pivot to the later you go. Say they had another team to pivot to. How does the logistics work? They fly to San Diego to see if UCLA will play? What if UCLA plays? That team is now stuck in LA.

Doeren generally is known as a whiner in the ACC footprint. He's probably earning some brownie points with his fan base. But everyone has had to deal with the fallout from COVID. It sucks, but it's what it is right now.

On 12/29/2021 at 2:51 PM, utenation said:

Nice. Are you moving to Utah as well? You get better bang for your buck in Ogden on real estate compared to the Salt Lake Valley or even places just north of Salt Lake like Bountiful and Layton..  Coming from Cali, it will seem very inexpensive. I welcome transplants and new business here.  We need more diversity in Utah.

My wife is ready to move to Utah. She loves it there.

On 12/29/2021 at 3:51 PM, utenation said:

We will purchase a corporate condo by April. We are building a shop off 12th street if you know the area. 

I moved the family to Dallas 2 years ago. We love it there. A little humid in the summer but a great place for families. I will be in Utah 6-7 times a year. 

On 12/29/2021 at 9:43 PM, MrBug708 said:

My wife wants to move anywhere. And not move at all. Since we've gone when it's cold, it reminds her of a Hallmark Christmas movie.

She will get over that quick if she has to shovel the driveway a few times.

On 12/29/2021 at 7:40 PM, Pac12Fan said:

We will purchase a corporate condo by April. We are building a shop off 12th street if you know the area. 

I moved the family to Dallas 2 years ago. We love it there. A little humid in the summer but a great place for families. I will be in Utah 6-7 times a year. 

No kidding?  What a small world.   I live very close to Ogden.  I have always found you to be one of the better posters as a lurker on here for years.  I don't know what you sell, but if it is something I need then I'll be sure to stop by your business and buy it. 

On 12/29/2021 at 9:43 PM, MrBug708 said:

My wife wants to move anywhere. And not move at all. Since we've gone when it's cold, it reminds her of a Hallmark Christmas movie.

If you make the move, do lots of homework on areas. The best thing about the Wasatch Front is having mountain recreation 10-30 minutes from the valleys. Booming tech and great economy in the metros. 

On 12/29/2021 at 10:37 PM, Trigg3r said:

No kidding?  What a small world.   I live very close to Ogden.  I have always found you to be one of the better posters as a lurker on here for years.  I don't know what you sell, but if it is something I need then I'll be sure to stop by your business and buy it. 

We build and import car accessories. A lot of Tesla, Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura floor mats, cargo bars, ski racks, fun lighting, etc. It is more economical to ship products into California, Washington than be based out of there. Most car part manufacturers are in Utah, TN, TX, NE, OK for a reason. 

On 12/30/2021 at 11:22 AM, Pac12Fan said:

We build and import car accessories. A lot of Tesla, Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura floor mats, cargo bars, ski racks, fun lighting, etc. It is more economical to ship products into California, Washington than be based out of there. Most car part manufacturers are in Utah, TN, TX, NE, OK for a reason. 

For trucks too? Do you sell wholesale to guys off the street like me?

Archived