Fans Get Screwed

Pac12Fan

On 12/29/2021 at 3:52 PM, Pac12Fan said:

I see that you still get joy from being an asshole

It looks that way to you, too.

@Orange claims to be an attorney.  I've never known an attorney to have so much time to devote to social media/message boards as he does.  Anyone who actually works for a living cannot possibly spend as much time on these message boards.  And I guarantee you, he's never been to Texas, the Southeast, or Eastern U.S., and he doesn't know anything about what he speaks.

Additionally, I'm in Nashville.  Over the holidays, I ran into a woman who moved her from California, two years ago.  She raved about how little taxes they had to pay, how much cleaner and nicer it is, the people, etc., etc., etc.  She said they couldn't wait to leave California.

I have a 40-year-old co-worker who moved here from California, in October.  He couldn't say enough bad things about California.  He said he made more money in California, but because of taxes, his actual take home pay is higher with his current job in Nashville.

I also have a 39-year-old neighbor, who moved here in June.  He spent his whole life in Oregon and says he couldn't wait to get out of there.  He, too, raved about the life he now has in Tennessee.  He said he and his wife did not want to raise their kids on the West Coast, because of how bad it is.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/2/2022 at 2:24 PM, HLB said:

I have a new neighbor who moved to Nashville from Medford, Oregon, where he was born and raised.  He has lived there his whole life, other than his time at Oregon State.  He moved here in June.  He has talked about the better economy in Nashville, how much cheaper gas is, how much better taxes are, how much more home he got for his money, and how much nicer it is, given that Oregon basically has no laws regarding drugs.  While he acknowledges that Oregon is a beautiful state, he can't say enough about how bad the drug scene is in Oregon, and of how crappy it is to live there.

He said he doesn't miss any part of Oregon, other than some friends.

Well… it’s Medford. I’m as blue as they come, and I’d rather live in Nashville over Medford, too. Comparing the best — top 3 at worst — city in the South with a shithole like Medford isn’t the flex you think it is. You could drop Medford straight into the heart of Alabama and no one would fucking know the difference.

On 1/2/2022 at 4:55 PM, glduck said:

Well… it’s Medford. I’m as blue as they come, and I’d rather live in Nashville over Medford, too. Comparing the best — top 3 at worst — city in the South with a shithole like Medford isn’t the flex you think it is. You could drop Medford straight into the heart of Alabama and no one would fucking know the difference.

Wow.  You've obviously never been to Alabama.  Another west coast idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about when talking about the Southeastern U.S.

He didn't have to come to Nashville, to get out of Medford.  He chose to come to Nashville to get away from the entire West Coast.  He grew up blue, but converted to red, when he got older and became more aware.  He can't say enough bad things about the blue on the west coast.

If you're as blue as they come, come on down to Nashville.  You find everything to be so much better - taxes, cost of living, gas, capitalism, entertainment, financial growth, better air, and the list goes on.  Then you'll realize that these things exist, because of red leadership.

Actually, I’ve been to all three places — Nashville, Medford, and central ‘Bama. First hand experience may not have the folksy charm of “I’ve heard it from a friend,” but it’s how I choose to do things.

Medford is plucked straight out of the South, from the rampant methamphetamine problem to Trump Won flags waving from pickup trucks.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:22 AM, Pac12Fan said:

We build and import car accessories. A lot of Tesla, Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura floor mats, cargo bars, ski racks, fun lighting, etc. It is more economical to ship products into California, Washington than be based out of there. Most car part manufacturers are in Utah, TN, TX, NE, OK for a reason. 

Indeed, those states hate unions and a livable minimum wage.  Exploiting workers is "capitalism" to you trumpsexuals who can't count.

On 12/30/2021 at 6:44 PM, Pac12Fan said:

If it’s only about weather, beauty and fun, California is better than most states. I’m from California.  We mulled this decision for 4 years before pulling the trigger. Our move had more to do with freedom, economics, politics and safety. I’m in California a week every month and more during football season. We still have most of my wife’s family here. They are considering a move as they could sell their 1400 square ft home in Escondido for a small fortune. 

Again, all sane people are leaving. 

To go to a state that has mandated (under penalty of wild-west bounties) that women become pregnancy slaves.

You have a decidedly fucked up view of "sanity". Texas is a fucking hellhole, and your ridiculous power grid will fail again, because your governor is functionally retarded and believes (like you) in debunked conspiracy theories about green energy.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:36 PM, HLB said:

It looks that way to you, too.

@Orange claims to be an attorney.  I've never known an attorney to have so much time to devote to social media/message boards as he does. 

I guarantee you've never known an attorney, period.  No way your social reach extends to anyone with an education beyond 6th grade.

And I guarantee you, he's never been to Texas, the Southeast, or Eastern U.S., and he doesn't know anything about what he speaks.

I've been to all three.  The humidity is so stifling, people almost never go outdoors from June through October.  DC, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Orlando, Indiana, Chicago, NYC, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Kentucky; I've visited them all.  All have crime rates that make Oregon look like a G-rated Disney cartoon by comparison, and they're all subject to semi-monthly hurricanes, tornadoes, and horrific flooding due to climate change (which is made worse by the republican politicians in most of those states who refuse to invest in green energy).

Dollars to donuts you've never been to Oregon, which likely has the greatest/mildest weather of any state in the union, and a political landscape that is trending about 30 years ahead of the South in terms of good social drug policy, and politics in general.  What we are doing with drug policy is what Western Europe started (successfully) more than a decade ago.  The South, meanwhile, will continue to spend billions on private prisons to enrich people who bet on your states agreeing to more caging of human beings for drug use.

FYI, Tennessee is 4th in the nation in violent crime rate.  It's an absolute hellhole, with murder, rape and death facing you on a daily basis.

Oregon is 37th, and our drug policy is no small reason why.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:58 PM, HLB said:

He only delved into politics because he was prompted by @Orange

I didn't say shit about politics, dumbfuck.  He made yet another crack about how awesome TX is, and I pointed out that their power grid is fixing to kill another 100 people this winter most likely.

You simply can't read.  You're really fucking stupid.

On 12/28/2021 at 8:50 PM, Pac12Fan said:

I predict that the Rose Bowl game is cancelled by state officials. I’m from Cali but moved 3 of my businesses and family out because this state sucks.

I predict that after being so wrong, you will disappear for 2-3 months & then come back to tell us that you have moved your family & business to Texas because California sucks as if you haven’t told us a dozen times before.

On 1/3/2022 at 12:41 PM, Orange said:

I guarantee you've never known an attorney, period.  No way your social reach extends to anyone with an education beyond 6th grade.

I've been to all three.  The humidity is so stifling, people almost never go outdoors from June through October.  DC, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Orlando, Indiana, Chicago, NYC, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Kentucky; I've visited them all.  All have crime rates that make Oregon look like a G-rated Disney cartoon by comparison, and they're all subject to semi-monthly hurricanes, tornadoes, and horrific flooding due to climate change (which is made worse by the republican politicians in most of those states who refuse to invest in green energy).

Dollars to donuts you've never been to Oregon, which likely has the greatest/mildest weather of any state in the union, and a political landscape that is trending about 30 years ahead of the South in terms of good social drug policy, and politics in general.  What we are doing with drug policy is what Western Europe started (successfully) more than a decade ago.  The South, meanwhile, will continue to spend billions on private prisons to enrich people who bet on your states agreeing to more caging of human beings for drug use.

FYI, Tennessee is 4th in the nation in violent crime rate.  It's an absolute hellhole, with murder, rape and death facing you on a daily basis.

Oregon is 37th, and our drug policy is no small reason why.

You're clueless.

Never known an attorney?  The majority of my adult life was involved in two professions:  Building and remodeling homes (30 years), and writing sports (23 years).

And when you have a business, you have an attorney, deal with attorneys, and at times, have to sue someone.

Furthermore, my father-in-law was a highly regarded attorney in the southeast.  My neighbor is an attorney.  Multiple people I went to school with, are attorneys.

As for the state of Tennessee .... Tennessee is the fastest growing state in the union.  And no one here wants the political landscape of Oregon, which is trending towards higher taxes, higher homeless rates and a worse economy.  The "good social drug" policies that you are referring to, is a large reason why there are so many homeless people lining the streets of Oregon.

The murders, rapes and deaths you refer to are crimes that are so often linked to drugs - which is the number one cause of violent crimes.

There's a reason why people are fleeing the west coast and moving to places like Tennessee.  You're just too blind and ignorant to see it.  I encourage you to take a trip to the South/Southeast.  I will be your guest and/or host, if you would like.  Just let me know.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:56 PM, Scscsc89 said:

I predict that after being so wrong, you will disappear for 2-3 months & then come back to tell us that you have moved your family & business to Texas because California sucks as if you haven’t told us a dozen times before.

I've literally never heard ANYONE so insecure about his own life that he needs to blab about his supposed success and terrific life choices over and over.

On 1/3/2022 at 5:35 PM, HLB said:

You're clueless.

Never known an attorney?  The majority of my adult life was involved in two professions:  Building and remodeling homes (30 years), and writing sports (23 years).

"Writing sports," bwaahahahahahah!!!!!!!

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

And when you have a business, you have an attorney, deal with attorneys, and at times, have to sue someone.

I represent like 80 different businesses right now.  Business owners are, with few exceptions, morons who are unemployable elsewhere.  Also, you think attorneys are used primarily for litigation, which proves you don't know what the fuck attorneys do.  99% of what business owners use attorneys for is transactional work, dipshit.

Furthermore, my father-in-law was a highly regarded attorney in the southeast.  My neighbor is an attorney.  Multiple people I went to school with, are attorneys.

My grandma's cousin's roommate visited Alabama and said it sucks real bad.

As for the state of Tennessee .... Tennessee is the fastest growing state in the union. 

Where the fuck are you getting your information?  It's not even in the top 10!  Holy shit, another legendary lie from the SEC troll!

And no one here wants the political landscape of Oregon, which is trending towards higher taxes, higher homeless rates and a worse economy.  The "good social drug" policies that you are referring to, is a large reason why there are so many homeless people lining the streets of Oregon.

Oregon has the 19th fastest growing economy in the nation.  Tennessee's is 42nd.  lolLolololol

The murders, rapes and deaths you refer to are crimes that are so often linked to drugs - which is the number one cause of violent crimes.

There is zero data to back up your claim that drugs are the number one cause of crime.  In fact, it's far more likely to be poverty, which Tennessee excels at.

There's a reason why people are fleeing the west coast and moving to places like Tennessee.  You're just too blind and ignorant to see it.  I encourage you to take a trip to the South/Southeast.  I will be your guest and/or host, if you would like.  Just let me know.

As stated above, you're dead wrong on this premise.  No one's fucking moving to tennessee, lmao

On 1/4/2022 at 11:25 AM, Orange said:

"Writing sports," bwaahahahahahah!!!!!!!

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

I represent like 80 different businesses right now.  Business owners are, with few exceptions, morons who are unemployable elsewhere.  Also, you think attorneys are used primarily for litigation, which proves you don't know what the fuck attorneys do.  99% of what business owners use attorneys for is transactional work, dipshit.

My grandma's cousin's roommate visited Alabama and said it sucks real bad.

Where the fuck are you getting your information?  It's not even in the top 10!  Holy shit, another legendary lie from the SEC troll!

Oregon has the 19th fastest growing economy in the nation.  Tennessee's is 42nd.  lolLolololol

There is zero data to back up your claim that drugs are the number one cause of crime.  In fact, it's far more likely to be poverty, which Tennessee excels at.

As stated above, you're dead wrong on this premise.  No one's fucking moving to tennessee, lmao

The 25 best cities in the US for people under the age of 35 (cnbc.com) .... Nashville, TN is the one of the top-five fastest growing cities, for people under 35.  I live here.  And I'm met many people that have moved her from the West Coast states.  The population as almost doubled in the last 10 years.

Here in Nashville, the economy is strong, and there are $1M homes and above, all over.  My home was bought in 2007 for $269K.  Today, it's valued at $1.25M.  We aren't paying $5-plus per gallon like people in Oregon., no do we pay as much in taxes.

As for crime rate in Tennessee .... Memphis is the hotbed for crime in Tennessee.  Look at the demographics and leadership in Memphis.  It's a "blue" city.  In fact, the top 14 cities with the highest crime rate, across America, are all "blue" cities, with Democrat leadership.

I never said attorneys are only used for litigation.  I'm 60 years old, and I've been around attorneys all my life.  I know a lot of attorneys, who serve in numerous areas of law.  And not one of them - regardless of what area of law they practice - spend the amount of time on chat boards or message boards like you do.  I feel sorry for the 80-plus business owners you represent.  And if they are using you for their legal counsel, they probably are morons.

You have no clue about the South.  I'm more than happy to host you on a visit.  Just let me know when you want to quit hiding behind a keyboard, quit hitting people with your purse, and come down.

On 1/4/2022 at 6:29 PM, HLB said:

The 25 best cities in the US for people under the age of 35 (cnbc.com) .... Nashville, TN is the one of the top-five fastest growing cities, for people under 35.  I live here.  And I'm met many people that have moved her from the West Coast states.  The population as almost doubled in the last 10 years.

Here in Nashville, the economy is strong, and there are $1M homes and above, all over.  My home was bought in 2007 for $269K.  Today, it's valued at $1.25M.  We aren't paying $5-plus per gallon like people in Oregon., no do we pay as much in taxes.

As for crime rate in Tennessee .... Memphis is the hotbed for crime in Tennessee.  Look at the demographics and leadership in Memphis.  It's a "blue" city.  In fact, the top 14 cities with the highest crime rate, across America, are all "blue" cities, with Democrat leadership.

I never said attorneys are only used for litigation.  I'm 60 years old, and I've been around attorneys all my life.  I know a lot of attorneys, who serve in numerous areas of law.  And not one of them - regardless of what area of law they practice - spend the amount of time on chat boards or message boards like you do.  I feel sorry for the 80-plus business owners you represent.  And if they are using you for their legal counsel, they probably are morons.

You have no clue about the South.  I'm more than happy to host you on a visit.  Just let me know when you want to quit hiding behind a keyboard, quit hitting people with your purse, and come down.

Oh, so when you said “fastest growing state in the union” which union were you talking about?  The confederacy?  

Ooooooh million-dollar homes?  Yeah, can’t find any of those in Oregon.  Christ you can’t get more than 2 bedrooms on the west side of Bend for less than $1M.  

Oh, hey dipshit: THE MAYOR OF NASHVILLE IS A DEMOCRAT. Almost every large city in the country is helmed by Democrats, which makes your “the top 15 highest crime cities are run by democrats” jab utterly worthless.  Cities have more people, ergo more crime.  Yet ALL the claims you just made about Tennessee (better economy, faster growth) were lies.  Bald-faced lies.  Do all your attorney friends lie like you do?  Probably, if they’re right-wing chuds like you.  

You’re just grasping at any straw you can to salvage whatever shred of online dignity you can get because you know you have zero in real life.  You’re a deeply stupid, lying asshole.  Lay down on traffic.  

On 12/29/2021 at 1:52 PM, Pac12Fan said:

Honestly, I’ve heard so little about it. It hasn’t affected me or my businesses.  Sounds like made up propaganda. I believe California has worse power grids than Texas and it isn’t even close. 

perhaps you would’ve heard more about the Texas power grid failure if your state agencies didn’t delay updating their fatality report from February until Friday, December 31 (New Years Eve).

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/news/updates/SMOC_FebWinterStorm_MortalitySurvReport_12-30-21.pdf

8A93F35F-55AA-472F-9F2C-4813514F18F7.jpeg

I love talking Pac-12 football and basketball.  The good and the bad.  The state of the league.  The coaching changes, the player triumphs and failures.  The media contracts, the conference leadership, the financial stability.  The fanbases, the traditions, the concerns about competitiveness, and the hopes for the future.

But this board, unfortunately, has become toxic.  If a post is put in about comparative fanbases or salary structures, or all-conference player possibilities, or attractivenes of Pac-12 cities/towns, it's crickets.  Totally cricikets.  But if some ahole like HLB (or sometimes dtd) posts some garbage, it generates a long string of noxious discussion, a circular toilet flush.  It makes you want to take a shower.

I'm going to take a break from this board.  Maybe it'll return to a serious and spirited discussion of our Pac-12, with rival fans loving the competition and loving the league, their hearts glued to their dreams, their minds trying to figure how to get there.  Or maybe it won't.  I hope it will, but as it is, it's driving fans like me away.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:09 AM, EastCoastFan said:

I love talking Pac-12 football and basketball.  The good and the bad.  The state of the league.  The coaching changes, the player triumphs and failures.  The media contracts, the conference leadership, the financial stability.  The fanbases, the traditions, the concerns about competitiveness, and the hopes for the future.

But this board, unfortunately, has become toxic.  If a post is put in about comparative fanbases or salary structures, or all-conference player possibilities, or attractivenes of Pac-12 cities/towns, it's crickets.  Totally cricikets.  But if some ahole like HLB (or sometimes dtd) posts some garbage, it generates a long string of noxious discussion, a circular toilet flush.  It makes you want to take a shower.

I'm going to take a break from this board.  Maybe it'll return to a serious and spirited discussion of our Pac-12, with rival fans loving the competition and loving the league, their hearts glued to their dreams, their minds trying to figure how to get there.  Or maybe it won't.  I hope it will, but as it is, it's driving fans like me away.

Understandable, but in an era where we suffer from a human-induced plague, and a democratic government that is about to collapse, it's harder and harder for sports to hold our attention.  Christ, we're not even playing any games due to COVID.  Not sure how much sports you expect to discuss in that environment.

Archived