Fans Get Screwed

Pac12Fan

On 1/5/2022 at 3:18 PM, Scscsc89 said:

There's supposed to be a wall between the sports and politics forums.  Some people have a hard time following very simple rules.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yet year after year this garbage is tolerated for clicks. Ban the dude and move on. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/4/2022 at 9:07 PM, Orange said:

Oh, so when you said “fastest growing state in the union” which union were you talking about?  The confederacy?  

Ooooooh million-dollar homes?  Yeah, can’t find any of those in Oregon.  Christ you can’t get more than 2 bedrooms on the west side of Bend for less than $1M.  

Oh, hey dipshit: THE MAYOR OF NASHVILLE IS A DEMOCRAT. Almost every large city in the country is helmed by Democrats, which makes your “the top 15 highest crime cities are run by democrats” jab utterly worthless.  Cities have more people, ergo more crime.  Yet ALL the claims you just made about Tennessee (better economy, faster growth) were lies.  Bald-faced lies.  Do all your attorney friends lie like you do?  Probably, if they’re right-wing chuds like you.  

You’re just grasping at any straw you can to salvage whatever shred of online dignity you can get because you know you have zero in real life.  You’re a deeply stupid, lying asshole.  Lay down on traffic.  

Really?  The Mayor of Nashville is a Democrat?  I only live here.  You think I don't know that.  Metropolitan Nashville has always been blue.  But the surrounding municipalities that make up the greater Nashville population are red.  I'm in Belle Meade, which is not blue.  It is those surrounding municipalities (Belle Meade, Green Hills, Brentwood, Mt. Juliet, Smyrna, Franklin, Goodlettsville, Hendersonville, etc.) that are conservative.

Since my last post, I met a woman at the grocery store, who moved here from California.  She has been here for roughly 6 months.  She talked about how nice it is; how much more home they were able to get for their money; the lower gas prices; the lower taxes; the better infrastructures; the lower degree of homelessness .... She couldn't say enough great things about Nashville, in comparison to California.  She talked of how glad they were to be out of California.  THEN she said this:  "But I can't get over how many conservatives and Republicans there are here."  I said, "That's why all of those things you just mentioned in Nashville are better than what you had in California."  She seemed dumbfounded.

On 1/2/2022 at 5:50 PM, glduck said:

Actually, I’ve been to all three places — Nashville, Medford, and central ‘Bama. First hand experience may not have the folksy charm of “I’ve heard it from a friend,” but it’s how I choose to do things.

Medford is plucked straight out of the South, from the rampant methamphetamine problem to Trump Won flags waving from pickup trucks.

I've spent 52 of my 60 years on this earth in the South (Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana and Tennessee).  I've never seen rampant methamphetamine problems, as you just described.  But according to my friend who moved to Nashville, from Medford, last June, the drug problem and homelessness is out of control in Oregon, because drug are allowed.

On 1/2/2022 at 4:55 PM, glduck said:

Well… it’s Medford. I’m as blue as they come, and I’d rather live in Nashville over Medford, too. Comparing the best — top 3 at worst — city in the South with a shithole like Medford isn’t the flex you think it is. You could drop Medford straight into the heart of Alabama and no one would fucking know the difference.

You have no clue about the heart of Alabama.

Be more specific and name a city/town in Alabama that compares to Medford and provide me with the evidence that supports you claim.

Furthermore, "as someone who is as blue as they come", you should know that Medford has turned blue in its leadership, which allowed Medford to become the garbage town you describe.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who are "blue" fail to see the connection that the worst towns and cities in our country, are led by blue governments.

Furthermore, I don't know that I would call Nashville the best, or top 3 at worst, city in the South.  It's a great city, with a lot to enjoy.  Entertainment is everywhere and the scene from Vanderbilt (midtown) to the Honky Tonks on lower Broadway (downtown) is crazy.  a real hot spot for tourist.

But with cities like Savannah, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, Fort Myers, New Orleans, Atlanta, Charlotte .... it's hard to say which city is best, and to compile a definitive Top-10.

On 1/3/2022 at 5:57 PM, Orange said:

I pointed out that their power grid is fixing to kill another 100 people this winter most likely.

Correct.  And that statement is a political jab, in an attempt to attack the use of power girds, what was decided on by politicians.

So - yes, you started the political commentary and attacks.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:09 AM, EastCoastFan said:

I love talking Pac-12 football and basketball.  The good and the bad.  The state of the league.  The coaching changes, the player triumphs and failures.  The media contracts, the conference leadership, the financial stability.  The fanbases, the traditions, the concerns about competitiveness, and the hopes for the future.

But this board, unfortunately, has become toxic.  If a post is put in about comparative fanbases or salary structures, or all-conference player possibilities, or attractivenes of Pac-12 cities/towns, it's crickets.  Totally cricikets.  But if some ahole like HLB (or sometimes dtd) posts some garbage, it generates a long string of noxious discussion, a circular toilet flush.  It makes you want to take a shower.

I'm going to take a break from this board.  Maybe it'll return to a serious and spirited discussion of our Pac-12, with rival fans loving the competition and loving the league, their hearts glued to their dreams, their minds trying to figure how to get there.  Or maybe it won't.  I hope it will, but as it is, it's driving fans like me away.

Allow me to enlighten you.

I came into this forum and discussed games, without any prejudice.  And I was met with hostility and name calling.  And when it was learned that I lived in SEC country, then the attacks became even more.  The only thing I've done since, was to attack back.

If you don't want that to take place, then address your comments to @Orangewho is the biggest instigator and a-hole of anyone and everyone on these threads.  Don't blame me for fighting back against those who attacked me, first.

On 1/7/2022 at 8:31 AM, HLB said:

You have no clue about the heart of Alabama.

Be more specific and name a city/town in Alabama that compares to Medford and provide me with the evidence that supports you claim.

Furthermore, "as someone who is as blue as they come", you should know that Medford has turned blue in its leadership, which allowed Medford to become the garbage town you describe.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who are "blue" fail to see the connection that the worst towns and cities in our country, are led by blue governments.

Furthermore, I don't know that I would call Nashville the best, or top 3 at worst, city in the South.  It's a great city, with a lot to enjoy.  Entertainment is everywhere and the scene from Vanderbilt (midtown) to the Honky Tonks on lower Broadway (downtown) is crazy.  a real hot spot for tourist.

But with cities like Savannah, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, Fort Myers, New Orleans, Atlanta, Charlotte .... it's hard to say which city is best, and to compile a definitive Top-10.

I no longer care about your hilariously anecdotal grocery store encounters, or brushing off the South’s hemorrhaging methamphetamine problems because you yourself are not a meth addict — I want to focus on you trying to compare Nashville to Jacksonville. Or Tampa! ORLANDO? What the actual fuck, man.

On 1/3/2022 at 12:29 PM, Orange said:

Indeed, those states hate unions and a livable minimum wage.  Exploiting workers is "capitalism" to you trumpsexuals who can't count.

Define "livable minimum wage".

You say you represent 80-plus business owners.  How do they feel about your idea of a higher minimum wage?  If you raise minimum wages, operation cost goes up, product cost goes up, and the cost to the consumer goes up - all of which will make the higher minimum wage you recommend, as "not enough".  The cost of living will go up all the way around.

Rather than raise the minimum wage, to what you describe as a "livable" minimum wage, how about teaching people a trade, craft, or providing education assistance so that they can go to college and obtain a skill that will enable them to command a higher wage.

You do understand about supply and demand, don't you?

On 1/7/2022 at 8:21 AM, HLB said:

Really?  The Mayor of Nashville is a Democrat?  I only live here.  You think I don't know that.  Metropolitan Nashville has always been blue.  But the surrounding municipalities that make up the greater Nashville population are red.  I'm in Belle Meade, which is not blue.  It is those surrounding municipalities (Belle Meade, Green Hills, Brentwood, Mt. Juliet, Smyrna, Franklin, Goodlettsville, Hendersonville, etc.) that are conservative.

You've just described almost every metro area in the country.

Also, you understand that "metropolitan Nashville" by definition includes "surrounding municipalities," right?

Your self-owns are becoming a joy to watch.  

On 1/7/2022 at 8:21 AM, HLB said:

Since my last post, I met a woman at the grocery store, who moved here from California.  She has been here for roughly 6 months.  She talked about how nice it is; how much more home they were able to get for their money; the lower gas prices; the lower taxes; the better infrastructures; the lower degree of homelessness .... She couldn't say enough great things about Nashville, in comparison to California.  She talked of how glad they were to be out of California.  THEN she said this:  "But I can't get over how many conservatives and Republicans there are here."  I said, "That's why all of those things you just mentioned in Nashville are better than what you had in California."  She seemed dumbfounded.

I met a guy in a poker game who thinks Oregon is awesome because of legal weed, and hates Nashville because of all the van bombs downtown.  Our anecdotes are deadlocked in an eternal battle!

On 1/7/2022 at 9:03 AM, glduck said:

I no longer care about your hilariously anecdotal grocery store encounters, or brushing off the South’s hemorrhaging methamphetamine problems because you yourself are not a meth addict — I want to focus on you trying to compare Nashville to Jacksonville. Or Tampa! ORLANDO? What the actual fuck, man.

It's the same technique he uses when comparing the SEC to other conferences.  He just lists programs, and expects that to do the heavy lifting for his argument.

Archived