P12 NIL NEWS

KUGRDON

On 10/18/2022 at 9:38 PM, Trojan209 said:

After this weekend my money would have been on Kincaid. 😆

Dalton’s performance in this game landed him second all time for Utah in both catches and yards for a single game. 

Amazing performance. And I also saw elite USC WR play on the other side of the ball. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/21/2022 at 12:10 PM, Orange said:

It's really hard to listen to millionaire football coaches complain about athletes getting 5-figure payouts for ruining their bodies.

A booster club has been paying Nick Saban's 9k/month mortgage for years. 

On 10/21/2022 at 11:10 AM, Orange said:

It's really hard to listen to millionaire football coaches complain about athletes getting 5-figure payouts for ruining their bodies.

I’m mostly referring to the corruption involved with NIL. There isn’t enough regulation. Maybe there is more as we go on.

I don’t think Kyle has a problem with players getting paid but we all know there’s lots of dirty boosters/ collectives out there. He doesn’t like how the rich can just buy a team. Taking away from the hard work of player development. Kyle is old school and getting to the end of his career

USC became excellent overnight because they finally hired a real coach and they got a shitload of elite transfers.  It was probably very easy to get these players paid what they wanted in a market like LA.

From the outside, this is supply and demand in a free market economy.

Utah probably won’t be able to pay the big bucks like Blue Blood schools. They already had many advantages and this is just the icing on the cake. 

I was reading the Utah 247 board in the aftermath of the UCLA-Utah and they were convinced that UCLA spent upwards of 10 million dollars for their transfer portal cache of players when I dont think they spend a single dollar of NIL money on their transfers. Most of UCLA's transfers are decent starters from other programs or guys just wanting to go home. UCLA is woefully behind the NIL collective and cash splashing on kids.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:49 AM, MrBug708 said:

I was reading the Utah 247 board in the aftermath of the UCLA-Utah and they were convinced that UCLA spent upwards of 10 million dollars for their transfer portal cache of players when I dont think they spend a single dollar of NIL money on their transfers. Most of UCLA's transfers are decent starters from other programs or guys just wanting to go home. UCLA is woefully behind the NIL collective and cash splashing on kids.

So were you going to a Utah Homer board looking for objective info and takes? Lol. I wonder what kinda garbage I could find on UCLA boards? Nah, I think I’ll pass on that. 

Are you one of those creeper/stalker types that lurks on your opponent’s message board with the hope that you can throw back some goodies if your team wins?  You certainly haven’t been able to throw much back at Utah fans the last 7 years or so, right? 

Quite a few royal beatdowns in those games too. I bet you blamed the refs in those losses just like you do with all of UCLA’s losses. 

That was...a bizarre rant. The gist of the post was that UCLA isn't really spending anything other than a token share of money on NIL. Our transfers are average starters from Rutgers, Wyoming, North Texas, Duke. Homesick guys who lose their spots in Jalin Davies. Former walk-ons. Charbonnet is really the only high level guy and he left prior to the payouts and mostly because he lost his spot and was recruited over but ended up at UCLA because he has a special needs sister and wanted to be close to her. UCLA isn't all in on football. Neither are the fans with Chip Kelly unfortunately. At least not yet.

Hopefully that rant was cathartic. Because that ass kicking still bothers you and I think you know a bigger one is coming from Oregon.

On 10/24/2022 at 8:49 AM, MrBug708 said:

That was...a bizarre rant. The gist of the post was that UCLA isn't really spending anything other than a token share of money on NIL. Our transfers are average starters from Rutgers, Wyoming, North Texas, Duke. Homesick guys who lose their spots in Jalin Davies. Former walk-ons. Charbonnet is really the only high level guy and he left prior to the payouts and mostly because he lost his spot and was recruited over but ended up at UCLA because he has a special needs sister and wanted to be close to her. UCLA isn't all in on football. Neither are the fans with Chip Kelly unfortunately. At least not yet.

Hopefully that rant was cathartic. Because that ass kicking still bothers you and I think you know a bigger one is coming from Oregon.

You think you’re subtle but you’re not. I’ve been exposing your weird little Utah hate for years.  

A couple of years ago, you admitted you’ve always thought Utah and CU didn’t deserve to be added. How does it feel to get your ass kicked over and over by a scrubby Utah program with 3 star recruits? 

And lookie, lookie now. Your coattail riding school is headed to the B10 on the backs of USC.  Nobody over there will want your football program and massive debt.  Think they’ll be fine with your weak ass 20k per game football attendance? But it’s too hot for UCLA fans right?

Your athletic department runs your budget like a circus. You needed to win a huge lawsuit with Under Armour just to get up to par on the expenses.  Thank god bigger payouts are coming but your AD will likely screw that up too. 

On 10/24/2022 at 9:29 AM, utenation said:

You think you’re subtle but you’re not. I’ve been exposing your weird little Utah hate for years.  

A couple of years ago, you admitted you’ve always thought Utah and CU didn’t deserve to be added. How does it feel to get your ass kicked over and over by a scrubby Utah program with 3 star recruits? 

And lookie, lookie now. Your coattail riding school is headed to the B10 on the backs of USC.  Nobody over there will want your football program and massive debt.  Think they’ll be fine with your weak ass 20k per game football attendance? But it’s too hot for UCLA fans right?

Your athletic department runs your budget like a circus. You needed to win a huge lawsuit with Under Armour just to get up to par on the expenses.  Thank god bigger payouts are coming but your AD will likely screw that up too. 

Are you trying to pass HLb for dumbest takes of the month? Because you are giving him a good run for the money.  It's like you stopped addressing anything that has to do with NIL and just are trying to let loose steam. That's fine, you got your asses kicked and haven't come to gripes with it. But if the rant spares your dog from getting his ass beat like the Utes did, have at it. That's why we are here.

Anything else you were saving for a rainy day? 

On 10/24/2022 at 12:37 PM, MrBug708 said:

Are you trying to pass HLb for dumbest takes of the month? Because you are giving him a good run for the money.  It's like you stopped addressing anything that has to do with NIL and just are trying to let loose steam. That's fine, you got your asses kicked and haven't come to gripes with it. But if the rant spares your dog from getting his ass beat like the Utes did, have at it. That's why we are here.

Anything else you were saving for a rainy day? 

Keep creeping around all your opponent’s message boards bro.  Pretty weird. Then playing “gotcha games”. 

Looks likes we saw what happens to UCLA on the road when you don’t play CU.  You guys really only play 4 road games this year? Somebody making schedules doesn’t have any balls. 

On 10/24/2022 at 11:44 AM, utenation said:

Keep creeping around all your opponent’s message boards bro.  Pretty weird. Then playing “gotcha games”. 

Looks likes we saw what happens to UCLA on the road when you don’t play CU.  You guys really only play 4 road games this year? Somebody making schedules doesn’t have any balls. 

Dunking on posters on a message board isn't the flex you think it is. Almost a gotcha moment though.

A schedule burn? Google can help you out. But again, dumb as HLB isn't a good look but you can own it pretty well. 

What else has been chapping your ass from years ago. I'm willing to dance with your sorry ass since you can't stay on topic in an NIL thread and fucked up because you're insecure as fuck.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:54 PM, MrBug708 said:

Dunking on posters on a message board isn't the flex you think it is. Almost a gotcha moment though.

A schedule burn? Google can help you out. But again, dumb as HLB isn't a good look but you can own it pretty well. 

What else has been chapping your ass from years ago. I'm willing to dance with your sorry ass since you can't stay on topic in an NIL thread and fucked up because your insecure as fuck.

Utah Hater Exposed....I'll get you again once it comes up again. And it will feel like another sledge hammer.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:12 PM, utenation said:

Utah Hater Exposed....I'll get you again once it comes up again. And it will feel like another sledge hammer.

Wait, despite Utah owning UCLA for much of the last decade, it took one beat down by UCLA, for you to have an epic board meltdown? Are you a women, saving up shit from a decade ago to bring up in an off topic manner about something you misread in the first place? And on top of that, you just swore that the next time it "comes up again", it will feel like a sledge hammer? Are you Scooby Doo villain? Or just a five year trump meathead? 

Look, you might be the biggest satchel of Richards on this board. And that's saying a lot. I look forward to this coming up again so I can have another good laugh at how obnoxious this whole exchange was. And all of this after I talked exactly zero shit before, during, and after the Utah beat down. Such a weird, weird display of nonsense. Hope it felt good.

Have a good day.

On 10/24/2022 at 1:35 PM, MrBug708 said:

Wait, despite Utah owning UCLA for much of the last decade, it took one beat down by UCLA, for you to have an epic board meltdown? Are you a women, saving up shit from a decade ago to bring up in an off topic manner about something you misread in the first place? And on top of that, you just swore that the next time it "comes up again", it will feel like a sledge hammer? Are you Scooby Doo villain? Or just a five year trump meathead? 

Look, you might be the biggest satchel of Richards on this board. And that's saying a lot. I look forward to this coming up again so I can have another good laugh at how obnoxious this whole exchange was. And all of this after I talked exactly zero shit before, during, and after the Utah beat down. Such a weird, weird display of nonsense. Hope it felt good.

Have a good day.

You know I gave you and your team props after you beat Utah. I said DTR did whatever he wanted and our defense probably sucks.  So if I were bitter about that loss, you’d think that would be the time to show it?

This isn’t about the game bug. It’s about your weird, creepy stalking of message boards to play gotcha games. And finally, as I said, your weird hate of Utah that has been exposed for years. 

Just own it like a man. 

Archived