P12 NIL NEWS

KUGRDON

On 10/24/2022 at 5:00 PM, utenation said:

@Orange, looks liked we’ve injured HLB pretty thoroughly. We are living rent free in that little marble he calls a brain. 

We are tagged in 100% of his posts. 

EE8A6AA7-E891-43EE-A2BD-5F3CF97B8589.gif

I think his wife served him papers this afternoon when she found out about his "jock around the nuts" fetish.  @HLB, I want a laugh, tell us the one about how a president lost an election, threw an enormous fit, and then somehow convinced you to donate to his petty cash over "fraud" accusations.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/25/2022 at 4:11 PM, MrBug708 said:

Thanks. Nothing like going in for a routine appointment and getting back a cancer diagnosis the day after both a close friend dies of stomach cancer and a 13 year old student of yours dies from another rare disease. I'm "fortunate" in that I have an extremely rare type of cancer that has an extremely high survival rate but one that eventually completely fucks up your normal day to day routine. 1.5 per 100,000. Caught extremely early, like first pitch in the first inning early. Also fortunate that I live in Los Angeles, which has multiple high level cancer research facilities and hospitals. And that I don't have a fucking HMO which would probably kill me. 

Also, if anyone has a chance to get a cancer policy with your benefits, definitely do that.

Very sorry to hear that. Glad they caught it early, and I hope you get over it quickly and fully. Hope that some of our silly sports arguments can be good distractions when you have rough days.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:11 PM, MrBug708 said:

Thanks. Nothing like going in for a routine appointment and getting back a cancer diagnosis the day after both a close friend dies of stomach cancer and a 13 year old student of yours dies from another rare disease. I'm "fortunate" in that I have an extremely rare type of cancer that has an extremely high survival rate but one that eventually completely fucks up your normal day to day routine. 1.5 per 100,000. Caught extremely early, like first pitch in the first inning early. Also fortunate that I live in Los Angeles, which has multiple high level cancer research facilities and hospitals. And that I don't have a fucking HMO which would probably kill me. 

Also, if anyone has a chance to get a cancer policy with your benefits, definitely do that.

My gosh, stuns and sickens me.  Fight is on I know but enjoy every minute, smile and chuckle that comes you way.  They give as much strength as the Docs do.

Neuroendocrine Tumor. I had never heard of it prior to the diagnosis and had almost met nobody who had either. But after discussing it, found two people I knew, who lost love ones due to it. Aretha Franklin and ****** Jobs are two of the most well known people to have died of it. There's was found in the pancreas, but it wasn't pancreas cells that were cancerous, but the neuroendocrine cells that are found in different structures. The 5 year survival rate for my type and location is nearly 100%, but this type of cancer doesn't get a "Cancer Free" diagnosis, but a no evidence of disease. Most likely by the time I'm 60, I'll have at least part, if not all of my stomach and part of my intestines out. The cancer will never truly go away because the cells have the instructions already in them unfortunately. It's basically go in and scope the tumors out via endo and colonoscopy. As long as they can stay away from the pancreas, the outlook is a mostly long life. The stomach is the "best" place for this type of tumor to occur, because they rarely spread.

The more you know.

Thanks guys. Back on topic, sort of, since it's pre-NIL..

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ex-usc-star-lendale-white-reveals-he-once-found-cash-filled-duffle-bag-in-college-apartment

I dont think anyone is that surprised, but the Lexus story hurts more to read because Deshaun Foster was well on his way to winning a Heisman when he was suspended for the rest of the year for driving around a few extra weeks in a "rented"....Ford Explorer. Oof.

On 10/23/2022 at 1:04 PM, glduck said:

It will never not be funny to me that A&M is the poster child for NIL and they’re fucking terrible.

A&M has made the big mistake of tossing huge dollars at high school 17-year-olds, kids who were paid before having to prove themselves, and thinking life is a free ride.  The smart NIL money goes to (1) targeted incomimg portal transfers of proven talent where your team needs it, and (2) locking down the talented and proven players you already have when it looks like you might lose them.

On 10/25/2022 at 9:58 PM, MrBug708 said:

Thanks guys. Back on topic, sort of, since it's pre-NIL..

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ex-usc-star-lendale-white-reveals-he-once-found-cash-filled-duffle-bag-in-college-apartment

I dont think anyone is that surprised, but the Lexus story hurts more to read because Deshaun Foster was well on his way to winning a Heisman when he was suspended for the rest of the year for driving around a few extra weeks in a "rented"....Ford Explorer. Oof.

Ohio State had dozens of players stealing athletic department equipment and trading for tattoos. Pryor had tens of thousands of dollars in free loaner cars while his was in the shop for 3 years. Oregon lost scholarships and official visits and had a cloud over the program for 2.5 years for under $200 that Lyles gave Lache, and for failing to attach written scouting reports on video reports. Lyles used to LIVE with the Seastrunk family before they even knew Oregon was a state, but the NCAA decided there wasn't a previously existing relationship. Lache visited Lyles during some 7 on 7 thing, slept on his couch for a weekend and was given some "walking around money". I believe those were the only two violations, after 30 months of investigation. Scholarships, official visits, and the immeasurable damage done to the program during that time while the death penalty was about to land. IIRC that $200 amount included what the NCAA determined the value of crashing on someone's couch for 2 nights to be. 

Fuck the NCAA. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived