Baseball 2022

KUGRDON

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Heavy price tag for Castillo, but you have to spend quality to get quality and there wasn’t any question that management would go a bit over the top to end the playoff drought this year. Helps a little that the two top prospects going to the Reds are both shortstops, and our current Gold Glove/team captain shortstop is only 27. And we just drafted a SS in the 1st round a week ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This FOX list is nuts. #5 should be the runaway #1. Ohtani’s record could be eclipsed as early as next season by Ohtani himself. I’ll give them DiMaggio b/c if Ichiro didn’t break it I’m not sure anyone ever will. The 325 battery starts seems arbitrary and is probably only on this list because it just happened, but give me Ripken’s iron man streak over that.

We’d need a fundamental change in the way the game is currently played (which could happen over time, sure) for anyone to touch Ricky Henderson’s stolen base numbers.

Nolan Ryan’s no-hitters and strikeouts…?

To say nothing of the plethora of pre-WW2 pitching records that will never be broken too, when guys would throw a 1000 innings a year.

E6783080-9B06-4628-8BC2-C561EB4555E2.jpeg

Archived