Baseball 2022

KUGRDON

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is the 5th (?) time since the drought started that the M’s have won 90 or more games, but the first to punch a ticket to the postseason. It hasn’t been *all* shit baseball the last two decades (disclaimer: there was also a lot of shit baseball) and I’m psyched the team is finally able to bring playoff ball back to Seattle*.

*In the sense that this series will be played entirely in Toronto.

Went 5-2 against the Jays this year, but I think 4 of those wins came in a four game sweep during our 14-game winning streak before the AS break. Once we cooled off, Jays took 2/3 in Toronto. But really, when you break a 21 year postseason curse you’re really playing with house money. Just happy to be included.

Padres and Mariners advance.  Too bad Tatis is such a numb nuts guy.  Pads spent alot money in an attempt to challenge the Dodgers which was a formidable ontaking.  Have to give them props for the effort.  While they would never has been as good a team as the Dodgers they added enough talent that the outcome of a postseason series would have been in doubt.  All for naught because of the what, idiocy, selfishness, immaturity of Tatis?

Always amazes me that sports franchises put hundreds of millions of dollars (and an entire enterprise) on the shoulders of a 22-year-old kid and then they gape in shock when something goes wrong.

Tatis is a kid.  He'll probably still have a great career.  

Archived