P12 Title Game Changes

Scscsc89

• Scscsc89 changed the title to P12 Title Game Changes

Cool. They should also do away with the neutral site. Imagine a CCG in Pullman in December. That shit would be tite. Apparently there are also scheduling changes to come. I'm surprised the California programs signed off on this. They fought tooth and nail to keep the Cali 4 round robin every year, thus screwing every other team out of trips to the only recruiting bed on the west coast. 

On 5/18/2022 at 9:51 PM, dtd said:

Cool. They should also do away with the neutral site. Imagine a CCG in Pullman in December. That shit would be tite. Apparently there are also scheduling changes to come. I'm surprised the California programs signed off on this. They fought tooth and nail to keep the Cali 4 round robin every year, thus screwing every other team out of trips to the only recruiting bed on the west coast. 

I'm for this.  Bring back the hometown drama of winning a title.  That way when OS wins one title every 78 years it will be that much cooler.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:26 AM, Orange said:

I'm for this.  Bring back the hometown drama of winning a title.  That way when OS wins one title every 78 years it will be that much cooler.

Speaking for others is a good way to be wrong, but CFB fans don't travel to visit the Georgia Dome. We want to be between the hedges in Athens. I'm sure Las Vegas is a dope venue, but this is CFB, play the games in CFB stadiums. 

Though a game at Rice Eccles would be great, and likely a bigger home field advantage for Utah in December than most schools would enjoy, it is hard to beat Vegas. Centrally located, great venue, cheap flights and even drivable from most Pac locales, and when the game is over you are in Vegas. I doubt this gets changed, nor should it.

I think the PAC was embarrassed at the small turnout for the Stanford/UCLA game. Some schools complained about the short notice of possibly having less than a week to prepare to host the game. I liked it back when it was originally on campus and of course the PAC caved and fell in line with the other conferences and held theirs at a neutral site. 

On 5/24/2022 at 11:04 PM, Trojan209 said:

I liked it back when it was originally on campus and of course the PAC caved and fell in line with the other conferences and held theirs at a neutral site. 

totally agree.

On 5/20/2022 at 12:15 AM, Mano said:

Though a game at Rice Eccles would be great, and likely a bigger home field advantage for Utah in December than most schools would enjoy, it is hard to beat Vegas. Centrally located, great venue, cheap flights and even drivable from most Pac locales, and when the game is over you are in Vegas. I doubt this gets changed, nor should it.

I think this is horse crap. Imagine Oregon Washington on Montlake vs in Vegas. Screw the money. I know things are changing and there's no going back, but let us keep a shred of what used to make CFB the best sport in the world. It sure as shit isn't playing in the Superdome. CFB fans want to go to CFB venues. Casuals can go watch Britney and the Blue Man Group(both awesome) whenever they want. Visiting Jerry World once was cool, but it was a snooze fest of a CFB venue. There's no comparison to what it would have been like to play at Jordan-Hare. We're also eliminating one of the single most defining characteristics of football, compared to almost every sport, throughout its entire history: weather. When it rains in the World Series, or World Cup, or at Wimbledon, they shut that shit down. Football players play in fucking monsoons and blizzards and the sport is better for it, not sitting in some half empty 2 billion dollar soulless modern masterpiece in perfect climate control.

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 3:21 PM, PAC MAN said:

Well at least CU has that shiny 2016 South Division trophy somewhere...if it exists. :lol: 

I'm not sad to see the divisions go and I'm curious to see how scheduling will be impacted going forward.

If it's anything like what happened in the MW, it will be cluster phuck.

SDSU is not in a scheduling pod with Fresno and Sparty, their long time historic Cal State rivals. They have been guaranteed a pod with Hawaii and the UTags.

Based on the last ten years of Pac history, they will screw the Pooch on this.

Awkward Lucille Ball GIF

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting hypothetical debate on Twitter:

what happens if Utah & USC win out?

Those two teams & Oregon would end up tied with identical conference records.

Utah would’ve beaten both head-to-head but was the only one of them to lose to a common opponent (UCLA).

On 10/23/2022 at 10:27 AM, Scscsc89 said:

Interesting hypothetical debate on Twitter:

what happens if Utah & USC win out?

Those two teams & Oregon would end up tied with identical conference records.

Utah would’ve beaten both head-to-head but was the only one of them to lose to a common opponent (UCLA).

Pretty sure Utah gets in on the first tie breaker ( H-H ) in that case, but not 100%.

11396505.jpeg

Archived